X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Pole Folder has some of the best opening tracks

Thoughts? Every time I listen to one of his radio sets, I'm immediately grabbed by the opener. Which reminds me of Apollo Vibes And usually the sets just keep going up on a higher note unless he does something spectacular to fuck it up which is rare.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Pole Folder has some of the best opening tracks

100% agree...zero gold is one of my all-time favorites and a great example imho.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Mariner1
      Banned
      • Feb 2009

i might have been one of the few people to like his remix of Imagine. Same for Dust and Waxxx.

I don't think he's ever put something out that I would give less than a 9/10.

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Folder is just very musical, I'm always impressed by his programming and ear for sounds/basslines. He's playing Sydney soon, can't wait. Caught him once in Singapore and that was easily one of the best nights that year. But Zouk has decided not to bring him or 'people like him' back. Apparently their music policy if they ever had one, is mutually exclusive with good music.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
          I got some N64 Games Yo!!
          • Mar 2008

i agree, pf is quality. 'salvation on slavery sins' is a killer opener.
          (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• floridaorange
            • Dec 2005

Hopefully I can catch him Thurs night at the WMC, have never heard a live PFolder set before strangely enough.

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by feather
              Folder is just very musical, I'm always impressed by his programming and ear for sounds/basslines. He's playing Sydney soon, can't wait. Caught him once in Singapore and that was easily one of the best nights that year. But Zouk has decided not to bring him or 'people like him' back. Apparently their music policy if they ever had one, is mutually exclusive with good music.
              We still don't have a date. Seen him twice at 161 and even there he was great !!
              Originally posted by TheVrk
              it IS incredible isn't it??
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• nick007
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by lucky charms
                i agree, pf is quality. 'salvation on slavery sins' is a killer opener.
                Was in UK when I got the hernan masters vl 2 - "Slavery on slavery sin" blew me away

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• chunky
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Jan 2006

I always found it funny how everyone went mad about how good that Sander set was last year that turned out to be Pole Folder. Another of hes sets got posted a few weeks later and no one gave it a second look everyone just lost interest
                  Originally posted by res0nat0r
                  OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

Eh? Folder sets always get some response in P&R, except they're all less than 2hrs and hardly any live sets, so I don't think he gets the recognition he deserves. But quality wise, his radio shows are one of the most consistent in terms of tunes and programming.

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

His destinations sets are taken from live sets. But we do seen to take him for granted.
                      Originally posted by TheVrk
                      it IS incredible isn't it??
                      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• GetAchievements
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jan 2009

I love pole folder frisky podcast sets. Zero Gold is one of the best albums. I can listen to the whole thing without wanting to change a track. Zero Gold is a nice album to spark it up to.
                        http://soundcloud.com/getachievements

Comment

• tonig357
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by floridaorange
                          Hopefully I can catch him Thurs night at the WMC, have never heard a live PFolder set before strangely enough.

i'm 99.9% certain that information is from last year's wmc...i remember seeing that last year & i had tickets for that hacienda party

Comment

• floridaorange
                            • Dec 2005

^How was Pole Folder anyway? Thanks for catching that, it comes up in a cooljunkie thread under wmc 2009, but your right of course.

Comment

• THE_LIGHT
                              MCast Resident DJ
                              • Jun 2004

I saw him 2 years ago at WMC.Both shows Proton Radio & Frisky was hands down the 2 best live sets that I heard at Conference.
                              Also was one of the coolest guys I've ever met.Really down to earth.

Hafid

Comment

Working...