• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonig357
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2007

Re: Pole Folder has some of the best opening tracks

Originally posted by floridaorange
    ^How was Pole Folder anyway? Thanks for catching that, it comes up in a cooljunkie thread under wmc 2009, but your right of course.
    wasn't able to catch pole folder unfortunately..too many parties so little time

Comment

• jeffrey collins
      Not cool enough
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by lucky charms
      i agree, pf is quality. 'salvation on slavery sins' is a killer opener.
      i throw that on when it's time to get noisy. Love that track.
      Jeffrey Collins: Painter
      My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
      My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
        I got some N64 Games Yo!!
        • Mar 2008

Also guys, that remix of Pole Folder's brilliant, "The Way" -- that Spooky did -- sure is a massive opener too! A pretty amazing piece of music as well.

from www.djdownload.com ...

Benoit Franquet (aka Pole Folder) opens his catalogue with a beautiful but moody composition of progressive melodic layers. “The Way” is enriched in distilled clarity, which flows effortlessly through stimulating arpeggiosʼ and cinematic envelopes; which despite their tranquil breathing and filtering, are aimed at the heart of the dance floor. Pole Folderʼs continuous tight programmed drums both flutter and drive under sprinkles of inspiring atmospheres from start to finish. Spookyʼs pioneering sound resonates strong in dance music today, and with current projects including Sashaʼs impressive EMFIRE collective, Charlie May and Duncan Forbes have been drafted in by Pole Folder Fresh from their Involv2r project with Sasha; Spookyʼs mix reiterates their ability to capture the motion of a record, intensify the elements and redeploy it all in unexpected directions. Their remix, focuses around throbbing and entrancingly articulated chorded pads that rise and sweep with room filling results. Retro snare programming and rich retro synths carve out a voyage through techno and progressive house. The fusion of analogue drums and almost tubular FX shine and makes clear how Spooky defined a generation of progressive house. Pole Folders “The Way” encompasses his successfully utilised musical palette and sets the standard for the carefully selected releases to come..
        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Gloomy
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

First post since I don't know when

Pole Folder is a musical genious and a great personality ... Everytime you listen to Zero Gold, you discover new elements in the album. I bought the album right after release (which is almost 4 years ago), and even today, I'm still listening to the album now and then. It's just amazing what kind of sounds he 's engineering and how well he incorporates them in his tracks.

I was lucky to meet him in person a while ago at a music exhibition in Brussels where he had to do some demonstration work. Between his session, he took the time to share some music experiences, introduced me to some other guys, gave me some advice on new software to buy ... (for the producers around here: he's currently using Logic Studio). Really a cool guy without any selfesteem about what he has achieved already.

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Heard some potentially good news last night !!
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

I imagine he would drop by Melbourne if he is playing Sydney. Let me know when, might make a trip down. Fuck Sydney.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
                I'm merely a humble butler
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Gloomy
                Everytime you listen to Zero Gold, you discover new elements in the album. .
                cool of you to drop back bye I feel the same way about zero gold, top 5 best for me.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by feather
                  I imagine he would drop by Melbourne if he is playing Sydney. Let me know when, might make a trip down. Fuck Sydney.
                  Sydney not treating you right ? PM sent
                  Originally posted by TheVrk
                  it IS incredible isn't it??
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                  Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                  The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...