• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freeeze tag
    Getting warmed up
    • Jun 2004

Re: Belgium to Italy?

Originally posted by pr0ficient
    Taking a train from Belgium to Italy would probably be a very long trip and also very expensive. I'd recommend looking at some low cost air fair (try ryan air for starters). Chances are it would be cheaper to fly compared to taking the train & I bet that it'd save you 12+ hours of travel time.

From my own experiences, I found that unless you have a rail pass it really isn't any cheaper to take the train compared to flying. And more importantly, when taking the train it will often force you to waste an entire day traveling to a location that may have only required a 2-3 flight.

...and on a related note, why do you want to visit Belgium? What are you planning to do there?
    Thanks to you, and everyone, for the advice. Definitely gonna fly. Not doing much in Belgium besides drinking, eating, and just trying to get away from the typical places that my fellow Americans hit. The wife and I try to get a balance on vacations, we assume we'll see quite a few Yanks in Italy.

Thanks again to everyone.
    These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Comment

• pr0ficient
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by freeeze tag
      Thanks to you, and everyone, for the advice. Definitely gonna fly. Not doing much in Belgium besides drinking, eating, and just trying to get away from the typical places that my fellow Americans hit. The wife and I try to get a balance on vacations, we assume we'll see quite a few Yanks in Italy.

Thanks again to everyone.
      Right on then. Belgium is the place to find some of the world's best beer for the fraction of the cost to most other European countries.

If you're in Brussels check out the Grand-Place, there are also quite a few breweries all across Beligum that offer worthwhile tours if you're into that sort of thing!

oh, and Amsterdam is only an hour or two on the train away; thus it'd make a great day trip if you have the time

Comment

• Micko
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2004

Definitely check out Amsterdam

Went there last year for a weekend with the lads. What a crazy town

Heading back again this summer for more madness

Comment

Working...