• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BSully828
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Great Idea

So this article appeared in a local blog here in Boston:

Rev. Fred Phelps' vitriolic, anti-gay group of supporters will be in Cambridge on Friday, March 13 to protest Cambridge Rindge & Latin's gay-straight alliance club called Project 10 East.

The good news? A counter-protest is in the works spearheaded by Driving Equality organizer Chris Mason. For every minute that the Phelps' congregation pickets Cambridge Rindge & Latin high school with their infamous "God Hates Fags" signs, donors are encouraged to pledge a set amount to Driving Equality.

The longer the group pickets CRLS, the larger the donation to the activist group organized by 27-year-old Tufts student Mason, who plans to make a 85-day trek across America in May to all of the lower 48 states to advance LGBT equality.

Driving Equality plans to display a sign in front of the "God Hates Fags" clan tallying how much money they have helped raise for gay rights.

Mason held a similar Phelps-a-thon outside of the Bad Habit production of "The Laramie Project" at the BCA on Dec. 12, 2008. The counter-protest raised $4,647 in 45 minutes.
    I'd love to see the look on the picketer's faces while they try to figure this out.

"Wait.....by protesting gay rights we're actually raising money for gay rights??

uuhhhhh!!!!!

aaaAAHHHH!!!

"
    Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;
    a sense of humor to console him for what he is.
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Great Idea

very innovative thinking, I agree.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• thesightless
      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
      • Jun 2004

fuck that asshole phelps. for a "preaching christian" he does nothing but vile shit and base his flock on hatred.
      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Mariner1
        Banned
        • Feb 2009

ignoring them is the best thing. the more attention they get, the more it inflames their cause.

I'm truly surprised nobody has burned their compound to the ground.

Comment

• AntonyM
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2004

A total virus, does not deserve any attention what so ever.
          Originally posted by Shpira
          So came back last night...
          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
          Originally posted by Illuminate
          Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
          2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
          4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

Working...