• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckc
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: FAO Miami and South Florida peeps

Originally posted by Steve Graham
    . but south beach in general is odd lately.

in what way? not as much club scene as there used to be.

Comment

• griffin
      Getting Somewhere
      • Nov 2005

had a good time, Sunday in south beach is a very odd night.. but south beach in general is odd lately. I heard there is only 1 venue really putting on house nights consistently, all the others are moving to open format, even Blue that had house almost every night and threw some really good parties is going to be a rock n roll bar (except during wmc)

we did record the night, so once we go through and chop up the recording I will be posting the sets
      people actually want your set? lol, jk. you know what i want... moar of that traffic! FUKKKKKK!

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chuckc
        in what way? not as much club scene as there used to be.
        I heard there is only 1 venue really putting on house nights consistently, all the others are moving to open format, even Blue that had house almost every night and threw some really good parties is going to be a rock n roll bar (except during wmc)
        yes

Comment

• chuckc
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

^^^ kinda lame. never could figure out why edm is taking so long to catch on in the US.....

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

^It's big where I just moved from - San Diego.

A lot of restaurants and most clubs downtown play house, or at least one room is dedicated to house. Several big hotels have clubs on the rooftop, etc...I really miss that city

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• chuckc
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange

A lot of restaurants and most clubs downtown play house, or at least one room is dedicated to house. Several big hotels have clubs on the rooftop, etc...I really miss that city

i visited there about 3 years ago...and i was really impressed...very clean city and reminded me alot of what miami used to be like.....seems like it would be a great town to live in. women are beutiful also in that area....

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

it's weird how south beach during non wmc times is so vastly different, almost to the point i dont even like going there. The day after the main part of wmc ends it's as if someone turns a switch.

then between the daytime and night time, you really notice how run down that area is.. of course except for the really ritzy hotels, but they're surrounded by dumps on their last legs, lol.

Comment

• superdave
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

I'm a South Florida resident who would have come, but was out of town in Europe. Anyway, yes the only place worth going on Sunday night is Set. And that is a tough door. I saw Sasha on a Sunday there in December.

There were some pretty cool parties during the day at places like the Raleigh and Nikki Beach. However, I heard the Raleigh got overrun with drugged out folks who scared the guests. And Nikki Beach got overrun with kids.

After WMC is the worst time here imo. Only local DJs play here for the next couple of months and it gets too hot.
                  Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• chuckc
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

it's weird how south beach during non wmc times is so vastly different, almost to the point i dont even like going there. The day after the main part of wmc ends it's as if someone turns a switch.

then between the daytime and night time, you really notice how run down that area is.. of course except for the really ritzy hotels, but they're surrounded by dumps on their last legs, lol.

so true...and downtown is plain out dangerous....dont want to be caught walking to far away from space/ pawnshop/ vagabond..ect.

Comment

• griffin
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by floridaorange

San Diego def kicks ass! If I ever have to move again, that would be one of my top choices!

Comment

Working...