192 kbps
    Bumping this for those interested in sumptuous ambience

Comment

• bobjuice
      Banned
      • May 2008

Re: Ambient sets

Originally posted by MarshallSparks
      As far as I can tell, this is a rare recording of DJ Lewis who performed alongside The Orb as support in the early 90's.

This recording was given to me by the brilliant and mercurial Thrash (The Orb, early 90's).

I have no track list, but recognize some tunes in there, including bands such as B12.

Hope it pleases someone out there.

http://rapidshare.com/files/29726457...Circa_1993.mp3
      I like this...

many thanks mr Sparks

Comment

• MarshallSparks
        Fresh Peossy
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by bobjuice
        I like this...

many thanks mr Sparks
        My pleasure Mr Juice

Comment

• Micko
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2004

Really like this one

Serein netlabel mix

Re-introduction

01 00:00 - Marcel Türkowsky / Kuro Sawa
          02 07:26 - Herzog / Perhaps She'd Like To See Me Fall Apart
          03 13:00 - Nest / Kyoto
          04 17:53 - 1000 Hours of Staring / Deliverance — previously unreleased
          05 23:42 -The Inventors of Aircraft / All, Nothing
          06 29:35 + 32:40 - Stephane Leonard / Words in Progress — previously unreleased
          07 30:34 - The Inventors of Aircraft / The Black Dog
          08 33:00 - Michael Trommer / Long Line Building — previously unreleased
          09 36:44 - Nest / Wheatstone — previously unreleased
          10 41:12 - Segue / Half Way — previously unreleased
          11 45:05 - Marcel Türkowsky / De Dodu
          12 47:14 - Huw Roberts / Atlas Oryx — previously unreleased
          13 52:52 - Pine / Flume — previously unreleased
          14 58:57 - 1000 Hours of Staring / Wintincubator

256 kbps

Comment

• Micko
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Oct 2004

Short, but a real gem

Muttley - All shall be well

01. Lamenter – Redeemer (from the album “Sleeping Me“)
            02. Slow – Loma (from the album “Dual Box“)
            03. Rameses III – We Shall Never Sing Of Sorrow (from the album “I Could Not Love You More“)
            04. Eluvium – Amreik (from the album “Copia“)
            05. Harmonic 33 – Space Interval 2 (from the album “Music For Film, Television And Radio Vol.1“)
            06. Harmonic 33 – Space Interval 3 (from the album “Music For Film, Television And Radio Vol.1“)
            07. Intex Systems – Glaciers (from the album “Research And Development“)
            08. The Alpha Rhythm – The Seventh Storm (from the album “Proof Of Concept“)

320 kbps

http://www.phuturelabs.com/word/mixes/Muttley%20-%2015%20MOF%20Pt.15%20-%20All%20Shall%20Be%20Well%20(November%202009).mp3

Comment

• Micko
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2004

An ambient, dub mix Another gem here

00:00 Plastikman - consumed
              04:44 Marconi Union - buildings without people
              08:05 Trentemoller - miss you
              11:50 Yagya - rhythm of snow #5
              17:55 Underworld - pizza for eggs
              20:20 Quantec - unusual signals
              25:25 Ontayso - procesamiento 2.05
              28:45 Tiki Obmar - ankeney, iowa
              39:30 end

Comment

• catsinspace71
                Fresh Peossy
                • Nov 2009

Greetings Micko and others; my first post on [ms]. This thread is an absolute goldmine, bravo.

I have a similar topic on the DOA forum with a selection of sets familiar to this topic.

I trawled the DNBA forum in the past few days for Ambient sets and this is what came up. Entitled 'Snowfall', it's been compiled by The Tornado, and features some incredibly beautiful Ambient tracks, those of which encompass piano, Minimal Techno aesthetics and a whole lot more besides...

In case my identity is vague...

Thank you. This is one of 20 mixes I've published online in the past year. If you'd like more, I've streamlined an assortment from a larger post on the DOA forum below:

15 Minutes Of Fame Primer - Last Dawn Before Meltdown

At times we can endure so much pain alone, that music can be one therapy of choice. Sometimes a few kind words will help us on our way. So if emotions are contagious, then "Last Dawn Before Meltdown" is my beacon in a world where clarity can slip from the abyss. It's a signifier attempt to show that through setbacks, rapport and repair can still be achieved. What's more, it offers a rough-and-ready primer to my 15 Minutes Of Fame mix series instalments; past, present and future.

01. Greg Haines - Submergence (from the album "Slumber Tides" - MIASMAH)
                02. Sigur Ros - Sigur 3 (from the album () - Fat Cat)
                03. Greg Haines - Tired Diary (Revised) (from the album "Slumber Tides" - MIASMAH)
                04. Oren Ambarchi - Trailing Moss In The Mystic Glow (from the album "In The Pendulum's Embrace" - Touch)
                05. Grouper - Way Their Crept (from the album "Way Their Crept" - Type)
                06. Grouper - Where It Goes (from the album "Way Their Crept" - Type)
                07. Quosp - Quosp (from the album "Soundscapes 1" - U-Cover)
                08. Library Tapes - Noslipos (from the album "Hostluft" - Make Mine Music)
                09. Vaccine - Atrium (2007 free download - www.cov-ops.co.uk)
                10. Brian Mcbride - Our Last Moment In Song (from the album "When The Detail Lost Its Freedom" - Kranky)
                11. Chris Watson & BJ Nilsen - Austvegr (from the album "Storm" - Touch)
                12. Zelienople - Moss Man (from the album "His/Hers" - Type)
                13. Polska - Spawntain (from the album "On The Lam" - Make:Shift)
                14. A Silver Mount Zion - There's A River In The Valley Made Of Melting Snow (from the "Pretty Little Lightning Paw" EP - Constellation)

Download

15 MOF Pt.5 - Something To Believe In

Download

"Something To Believe In" is my ode to a detached state I encountered this summer; where numbess did not subside readily, and I was sedated by intrinsic coping techniques. It's a by-product of an alliance that broke down; one that ticked a lot of boxes for how relationships evolve, and how and when to let go. As a chance to make amends, meaning that I will never make the same mistakes again, I decided to reach into my collection of ambient recordings, matching up music in juxtapositions of literary peace with another. As such, the tunes selected are small revelations in themselves. The progression is representative of what marks as an arrow to level-headed plains for me. Part 5 of my 15 Minutes Of Fame mix series, I have Macc to thank for his excellent mastering job, and cordani for the first rate artwork. Big ups, guys.

15 MOF Pt.6 - Back To Dangerous

Download

You can try burning a candle at both ends, but then the flame won't be eternal. "Back To Dangerous" depicts a stage where refraining from temptation is the safest route. A woman I once had an online friendship with, I lost to confusion, mistakes and letting my heart rule my head. I miss my old talks with her so much, but understand that if I contact her again, words could cut too deep. I can instead make a toast to Macc and cordani for their efforts on this file, and for anyone suffering hardships with your lover or friends, I hope it gives you soul food not too close for comfort. Listen in evening hours for full effect.

15MOF Pt.7 - Forgive And Forget

Download

"Forgive And Forget" is dedicated to my youngest grandmother, who peacefully slipped away from us in the early hours of 7th December 2008. You are forever loved, friend.

The theme here is as the title says it. Notice a capitalisation of 'And' to bring more importance to what we're forgiving, and what's to be forgotten. My grandmother was able to do this for each one of us, and for that I am eternally grateful to her. Despite our family differences, and struggles thereof, we managed to resolve everything before she passed over. "Love's Theme" is joined with a one minute, respectful silence - it's what she wanted played at the end of her funeral - so it's added here as a memento piece.

Each track contains piano, but in the midst of this are several permutations in atmosphere. I'd like to think it spells out sentimental moods for reflection on life: now; then. I hope you enjoy it.

15MOF Pt.8 - Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

Download

"Let Sleeping Dogs Lie" is a continuation of the themes in my 15 Minutes Of Fame instalments so far. "Something To Believe In" was the letting go, "Back To Dangerous" the refraining from temptation to go back, "Forgive And Forget" self-explanatory, whereas this is an order to not open up old conversational wounds and mishaps. Opening track "Soulmates" sets the tone of the file, with the vocals "I think everyone's got another side to them when they're left alone" a precursor to the "Stories Of Solace In Miniature" investigations I have forthcoming.

15 MOF Pt.9 - Sink Or Swim

Download

"Sink Or Swim" is Episode 1 of "Stories Of Solace In Miniature". It will be represented with regular "15 Minutes Of Fame" instalments. Episode 1 is dedicated to psychosis prevention. On the basis that psychosis can "lead to changes in mood and thinking and to abnormal ideas", as the EPPIC (Early Psychosis Prevention and Intervention Centre) factsheet says, I chose works that used repetition which fluctuates depending on the mood - deep moods, for comedown, elation (one of the better side effects of psychosis) and anxiety management.

Related links:

EPPIC's "What is psychosis" factsheet

EPPIC's "How can I help someone with psychosis?" factsheet

Psychosis Sucks: website

15 MOF Pt.10 - Swallow Your Words

Artwork credits: cordani @ est00.com

Download

"Swallow Your Words" is Episode 2 of "Stories Of Solace In Miniature". It's dedicated to anxiety reduction. On the basis of a publicised quote from "Overcoming Paranoid And Suspicious Thoughts", the outcome of me writing this may be ubiquitous. What I aim to ensure is that those reading don't make the same mistakes as I did. As the book writes, "The effort involved in explaining your fears to another person can mean that you're expressing those anxieties more fully than you've done before. You also get to hear them out loud. Instead of a jumble of thoughts rattling round your brain, you're presented with some clearer statements to the problem. All this helps give you some perspective on your worries and makes it a little easier for you to assess whether they're justified or not".

15 MOF Pt.11 - For The Night Owls

www.subvertcentral.blogspot.com

Download

"For The Night Owls" is dedicated to my oldest uncle, who died of an inoperable brain tumour on April 19th 2009. My parents noticed lapses in his concentration, where he called up and forgot what he rang for near Christmas, as well as being confused for basic matters, like in his role as executor of my grandmother's will. In January he was diagnosed with CNS Lymphoma, and had everything from chemotherapy to steroids to try and shrink the piercing mass. Unfortunately this wasn't successful, and he was prescribed morphine to ease discomfort, unconscious by the end where all his family looked over him, his three loving sons co-operating to help ease the load.

With regards to the mix, the closing shudder of "Ages" tops off the fragility in which relationships can succumb to. "It took us ages to create / And we fill up the pages / Take it down in a day". Before this enters "Cracks In The Canvas" that I reviewed for The Dastardly Depot Stop 19, by PJ Harvey and John Parish. It represents the loss of motion from the vacuum finality of Quosps "Void" - "How do we cope with the days after a death, empty days, nothing left, not even a funeral?" Such questions are not predestined notions; they make us analyse our whole purpose on this earth. Widowed with her husband at 65, my sincerest condolences go out to my uncle's wife and their children at this time.

15 MOF Pt.12 - Drones In Duality

Download

"Drones In Duality" is the first in a series of mixes dedicated to Bridewell Gardens, which I visit every week to engage in therapeutic conservation and decorating work. The name is a reference to the double meaning properties of each track title, and the transference of a gesture in two different timeframes - before mucking in, and after a days' graft.

For instance, Bibio's "Cherry Blossom Road" encompasses the ability to walk down roads adorned with flowers, to and from the bus trip to Bridewell, while "Sleep In The Eyes" identifies the product of doing much work on the premises, or getting cobwebs out on the journey in. Hammock's "We Will Say Goodbye To Everyone" nods to the friendly atmosphere I've encountered, and the desire to wish well each person I meet there. Pan American's "So That No Matter" curtails an extended metaphor for "so that no matter what problems I face, I can get through the day, with help from my friends and family".

This is segued into Hakobune's "Realization At Dusk", which symbolises the enjoyment factor I weigh up the evening prior (getting sorted to make a stop) and heretofore the welcoming in of darkness (post-assignments and seeing everyone off). Oophoi's "Beyond These Skies" is the subsequent result of thinking forward, to what can be sentimental gold beyond nostalgic trifles. Then "Diamonds In The Sky" arrives to calm the listener: "They shine in the night / The diamonds in the sky / The sweet dreaming girl's paradise". "Softkiller" harks back to my relationship with the woman I've been so preocuppied with. Incomprehensible lyrics act as the undertow to ethereal guitar noodling and hushed chants.

Grouper is juxtaposed with the grainy metamorphosising of Evangelista to end, "The Frozen Dress" a direct correlation to the freeze-frame behaviour of "Heavy Water / I'd Rather Be Sleeping". All in all, "Drones In Duality" is a 23-minute endeavour into fresh ground for me. There's lots of drones, granted, but these are counterbalanced with an accessibility from the vocals and brimming harmonies. Next up: "Time Heals All Wounds".

15 MOF Pt.14 - Veer On The Side Of Caution

Download

"Veer On The Side Of Caution" is the second in a series of mixes dedicated to Bridewell Gardens, which I enrolled for earlier in 2009 to attempt work in the fields of conservation and decoration. To tie in the first paragraph, it is a cross-application of mellow and meaningful music that is themed on tracks that use piano for longer than two minutes. I partake in pricking out and potting on at Bridewell and this is my soundtrack. If you're unaware what these are: pricking out is lifting sowed seeds (plants) from their beds, putting them into trays, whereas potting on is lifting tray-bound plants and placing them in pots. Sound like fun? It's helped keep me sane and sedated this fall.

I've lengthened the double whammy of purposes by integrating the ominous narratives of L-r & Radiomentale's "I Could Never Make That Music Again" LP, ala "Let Sleeping Dogs Lie", to creep in and out. It is a relay of musicians talking of their personal hardships, methods of using music as healing agents, and the contextualising of such diction in succession opens the idioms into more adventurous areas. I can apply a multitude of the speeches as buoys for my problems with psychosis, most openly "I stopped listening to music in general. I had my own personal things that I was going through. I was also going through a time of, you know, I guess I would say...I'm not retro or conservative at all you know, I'm really not".

Muttley - Lost In Thought

01. Svarte Greiner – The Black Dress (from the album “Knive” – Type)
                02. Brian Mcbride – Silent Motels (from the album “When The Detail Lost Its Freedom” – Kranky)
                03. Renderizors – Stranger At Your Party (Band version) (from the album “Submarine” – Last Visible Dog)
                04. Jasper Leyland – Taken (from the album “Carbon Series Volume 5” -12X50)
                05. Marcus Schmickler – Cue (from the album “Param” – A-Musik)
                06. The Drift – Nozomi (from the album “Ceiling Sky” – Temporary Residence)
                07. Robert Haigh – Lost On A Train (from the album “Notes And Crossings” – Siren)
                08. Burial – Night Bus (from the album “Burial” – Hyperdub)
                09. Dario Antonelli – ZX-21 Part 1 (from the album “Zaum Vol.1” – Psychonavigation Records)
                10. Eluvium – I Am So Much More Me That I Am Perfectly You (from the album “Lambent Material” – Temporary Residence)
                11. Stars Of The Lid – Requiem For Dying Mothers Pt.2 (from the album “The Tired Sounds Of Stars Of The Lid” – Kranky)
                12. Burial – UK (from the album “Untrue” – Hyperdub)

“Lost In Thought”: dedicated to my mother, whom I have left home from, to build ledges of ascension, with my old place of residence.

Download

Muttley & nrvnet - Transference

“Transference” is the result of the first collaboration between fellow mixtape creators Muttley & nrvnet. Transference began as an exercise in association. Muttley started rummaging through his monthly archives one day, for tracks with titles that suggested an action of transference in the composition of a message. Given the biggest percentage of his collection consisted of beatless audio, the rigidity of tune choices remained, but the limitations decreased.

Influenced by the low-high penchant of groups like Explosions In The Sky and Godspeed You! Black Emperor, the consequential recording clocked in at 12 minutes, featuring dense soundwalls from Robin Guthrie & Harold Budd, Beef Terminal, Bitcrush and Broadway Project; going from tranquil piano motifs to a downtempo behemoth.

During this period, fellow ambient mixtape maker nrvnet had contributed two sets to the "15 Minutes Of Fame" mix series. Muttley emailed nrvnet to ask whether he'd like to collaborate on a joint mix. With passion for the cause, both were obliged, and an ongoing conversation was established. The result that you see today is an 83-minute exploration into soundscapes, ambiences, crescendos, and, critically, a bucket-load of emotional credence.

Muttley and nrvnet contributed three sections each following a guideline of 10-15 minute sections. Upon completion of a section, the completed piece was “transferred” to the other. The piece went back and forth across the Atlantic Ocean several times until the message was complete. We won't tell you who did what--that's up to you to decide. The piece represents a conversation between people—both literally and figuratively. It also reflects a transference of state—from quiet to loud; from ambience to dissonance; from drift to beat. What Muttley provides in unconventional selections, nrvnet matches with tapestries of sounds. Transference will be cross-posted at Muttley’s SubVersion blog and nrvnet’s Hydrogen Cafe blog.

It was an honour for Muttley and nrvnet to engage in this musical conversation together. We hope this transference of sound will be enjoyable.

- Muttley & nrvnet, October, 2009

D O W N L O A D S (right click, save link as):

Transference MP3 (83:27) (320k) (200 mb)

Artwork (800k Zip file)

TRACKLISTING

01 - Robin Guthrie & Harold Budd - Hidden Message
                02 - Beef Terminal - Passing Secrets Through The Window
                03 - Bitcrush - Prologue
                04 - Broadway Project - Message From The East
                05 - Porcupine Tree - Russia On Ice (excerpt)
                06 - Andrey Kiritchenko - Let Oneself In
                07 - The Radio Dept. - Gibraltar
                08 - Amusement Parks On Fire - So Mote It Be
                09 - Radiohead - Meeting In The Aisle
                10 - The Caretaker - Unmasking Alzheimers
                11 - Skare - To The Other Shore
                12 - Emma Cora - Parcels Carrier
                13 - Milton Cross - First There Came A Letter From A Tree
                14 - Helios - Signed I Wish You Well
                15 - Porcupine Tree - Metonia Pt 1; Mesmer Pt 3 (excerpts)
                16 - The Gentleman Losers - Weed Garden
                17 - Jónsi & Alex - All The Big Trees
                18 - Max Richter - lonosphere
                19 - Jacaszek - Orszula
                20 - Arca - Baixa
                21 - Con Cetta vs. Antartica - Thank You
                22 - Stars Of The Lid - A Meaningful Moment Through A Meaningless Process
                23 - The Alpha Rhythm - Escape Velocity
                24 - Peter Broderick - Something Has Changed
                25 - Hreda - Knowing How To Carry
                26 - Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I (02)
                27 - Underworld - Pizza For Eggs (excerpt)
                28 - Archive - Lemans
                29 - Last Days - Nightlight
                30 - Auburn Lull - Blur My Thoughts Again

FIELD RECORDINGS

01 - Marek Brandt - Versailles Castle
                02 - John Tenny - French Quarter Walk
                03 - Figowitz - Kantine01
                04 - Cognito Perceptu - AM Band Static
                05 - Stomp - Factory X Operatios
                06 - Sal Randolph - Grand Central Station
                07 - Connum - Bakery In A German Train Station

"When that transference between beings does occur it is the result of some very strong unbroken karmic connection from the past."

- the Dalai Lama

Muttley - Wilful

"Mick regularly collaborates on mixtapes and curates mix exchange projects. Find my contribution to this crosspost on SubVersion".

"Wilful" is the culmination of open-mindedness, organisation and overdubbing. The principle was conceived from a gap in tastes. Rock The Dub's Khal once said that he found it difficult to get into ambient music. All the while his love of hip-hop remains steadfast.

"Wilful" is an attempt to merge the two into one cohesive hybrid. The "unmixed" version is the backing track, the final outcome a unique showcase of the talents of Busdriver and Mr. ShaoDow. These are Muttley's two favourite rappers. Therefore "Wilful" is both a call for accumulative appreciation, and an extension of Muttley's current mix archetypes.

Master tempo buttons enable pitch-shifting the ambiences underneath the rhymes and beats. ShaoDow and Busdriver are interviewed to dovetail with a supplmentary feature on SubVersion. Voice recordings are implemented to aid the flow of the audio file. The subjects covered extend the scope of the text copy. Together in wilfulness the objective becomes complete.

TRACKLISTING

01. Boards Of Canada - Into The Rainbow Vein (from the album "The Campfire Headphase" - Warp)
                02. Bibio - I'm Rewinding It... (from the album "Fi" - Mush Records)
                03. ICR - Before Noon (insert) (from the album "Daytrip" - Covert Operations)
                04. Aquadorsa - Daylight Fading Into Evening Silence (from the album "Cloudlands" - Glacial Movements)
                05. Alva Noto - Xerrox Soma (from the album "Xerrox Vol.2" - Raster-Noton)
                06. Koen Holtkamp - Walker (from the album "Field Rituals" - Type)
                07. Klute - No Return (from the album "No-One's Listening Anymore" - Commercial Suicide)
                08. Christopher Bissonnette - Jour Et Nuit (from the album "In Between Words" - Kranky)
                09. Belong - Beeside (from the album "Colorloss Record" - St.Ives Records)
                10. Murcof - Cosmos 1 (from the album "Cosmos" - Leaf)
                11. Quosp - Beechwood (from the album "Soundscapes 1" - U-Cover)
                12. Lopus - Luoto (from the album "Glow" - Counter Intelligence Digital)
                13. Jasper TX & Anduin - Everything Disappears In A Tunnel Of Light (from the album "The Bending Of Light" - SMTG)
                14. David Tagg - Picked In Air (from the album "Wind Blown Guitar" - Second Sun Recordings)
                15. Rapoon - Thin Light (from the album "Time Frost" - Glacial Movements)
                16. Tim Hecker - Blood Rainbow (from the album "Harmony In Ultraviolet" - Kranky)
                17. Philip Dickau - Whyte Avenue (from the album "This City, And You" - CD-R)
                18. Berliner Philharmoniker & Sir Simon Rattle - Streets Of Paris (from the album "Perfume: Story Of A Murderer" - EMI)
                19. Lamenter - Northern Pacific (from the album "Sleeping Me" - Phantom Channel)
                20. Machinefabriek - Lief (from the album "Weeler" - Lampse)
                21. Deaf Center - Thread (from the album "Pale Ravine" - Type)

Download

Muttley - Back To Mine

Download exclusively at The Hydrogen Cafe

TRACKLISTING

01. Lull - Illusion Of Unbroken Surface (from the album "Like A Slow River" - Glacial Movements)
                02. Hildur Gudanottir, BJ Nilsen & Stillupsteypa - The Direction Was Foggy Or Cloudy (from the album "Second Childhood" - Quecksilber)
                03. Klute - Untitled (from the album "No-One's Listening Anymore" - Commercial Suicide)
                04. Grouper - Close Cloak (from the album "Way Their Crept" - Type)
                05. Stars Of The Lid - Hibener Toujours (from the album "and their Refinement Of The Decline" - Kranky)
                06. Massimo Liverani - Primavera (from the album "Zaum Vol.1" - Psychonavigation Records)
                07. Lamenter - Bleeding Riverbed (from the album "Sleeping Me" - Phantom Channel)
                08. El Heath - Epick (from the album "Reflecting (Ambient & Loop Tracks, Autumn 2006 Reprise)" - Phantom Channel)
                09. Xela - Her Eyes Sparkled And She Walked Away (from the album "Tangled Wool" - City Centre Offices)
                10. Ulrich Schnauss - Molfsee (from the album "Far Away Trains Passing By" - City Centre Offices)
                11. Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Providence (from the album "F#A#Infinity" - Kranky)
                12. Hakobune - The July Skies Followed Us Here (from the album "Wandering Toward What Was Unsaid" - U-Cover)
                13. Kettel - Halt Him (from the album "My Dogan" - Sending Orbs)
                14. Mogwai - Punk Rock (from the album "Come On Die Young" - Chemikal Underground)
                15. Bark Psychosis - Burning The City (Alt mix) (from the album "400 Winters" - Fire Records)
                16. Jodi Cave - For Myria (2) (from the album "For Myria" - 12k Records)
                17. Lezrod - Digi4 (from the album "Genki Vol.1" - Zymogen)
                18. The Alpha Rhythm - Long Road Ohm (from the album "Proof Of Concept" - Seedknowledge)
                19. Klute - Torrential Pain (from the album "No-One's Listening Anymore" - Commercial Suicide)
                20. Pilote - The Dialogue (from the album "Do It Now Man" - Certificate 18]

Overshadowed: notes

"Overshadowed": the "Back To Mine" model taken literally, in a mixed-construction collage of music very personal to my existence; upheld as a return to being myself. Catalysed by an explosion of hateful bile, and inaccurate surmising, from two allies, towards me - defending the woman I've scripted in the "15 Minutes Of Fame" writeups from part 5 onwards - who this is anonymously dedicated to, each track signifies through titles a soundtrack to meetings, and departures which have never taken place.

Cataloguing what can overshadow failed friendships by symbolism - from the rebuttal of society with "Untitled" by Klute, to the depth-charge fathomages - over fabrication - of Grouper's "Close Cloak", prior the stones of universal change, gathering moss, and returning with surplus details - from each rise and fade - on Ulrich Scnauss' "Molfsee"; rain samples bespeaking the "Where are you going?" questioning in GYBE's "Providence", then a handful of sentimental recordings from 2006, where I believed I could trust this lady - as a true friend; no infatuation, just investment by what I brought to the table in conversation; then finally the juxtaposing of rational and irrational lust, leaving the participant with a subconscious dialectic principle for advancement on "The Dialogue", by Pilote.

The end of a relationship or marriage can be a difficult and painful experience. It can leave you feeling confused, lonely and lacking confidence in yourself and the future. Feelings of betrayal, guilt or rejection are common. Anger, sadness and confusion are often intense. Moving forward can be hard when trust, self-confidence and self-esteem have been shaken. All I hope for is that "Overshadowed" can be an aural springboard to assist and heal those swathed in darkness, that which I'm slowly exiting, one step at a time.

Muttley - Weathering

01. Solar Fields - Winter Sun (from the album "Extended")
                02. Biosphere - Dissolving Clouds (from the album "Dropsonde")
                03. Oophoi - Let The Night Sky Envelope Us (from the album "Hymns To A Silent Sky")
                04. John Foxx & Harold Budd - A Change In The Weather (from the album "Transluscence")
                05. Richard Lainhart - Cranes Fly West 040607 (from the album "Threshold")
                06. David Tagg - Drinking Rain Water (from the album "Dulcimer Studies")
                07. Eluvium - New Animals From The Air (from the album "Lambent Material")
                08. Robert Haigh & Silent Storm - From The Air (from the album "From The Air")
                09. Arovane - The Storm (from the album "Tides")
                10. Robert Rich - Overhead (from the album "Calling Down The Sky")
                11. Marsen Jules - Rainy Days In Milan (from the album "Silva")
                12. Christopher Bissonette - Tempest (from the album "In Between Words")
                13. Tape - Moth Wings (from the album "Luminarium")
                14. The Golden Oaks - A Fog Has Lifted (from the album "Autumn Testament")
                15. Greg Haines - Snow Airport (from the album "Slumber Tides")
                16. Grails - Acid Rain (from the album "Doomsdayer's Holiday")

"Weathering": a celebration effort for 300 posts in my "ambient lovers" thread, and an elicitation of dashed hope, troublesome storm clouds, fractures in partitions small and grandiose, rejuvenated enthusiasm for natural beauty, forging fresh friendships; a very human account of chilled lifestyle, or lifestyles that could subjectively do with essential chill.

Download

Comment

• Micko
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Oct 2004

Welcome aboard Muttley

That's a fine 1st post

There are plenty of ambient fiends here

Comment

• catsinspace71
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Micko
                    Welcome aboard Muttley

That's a fine 1st post
                    Thanks!

There are plenty of ambient fiends here
                    Excellent. What I'll do is paste over the finds not yet in this vicinity. Some are more "chillout" (electronica / dubstep inclusive) so I'll add those to the other topic on here.

This got the ball rolling in my thread three years ago, a must...

The Tornado - Snowfall

01. 0.00-4.19 - Roger Eno - Winter Music - All Saints (From the album "Between Tides")
                    02. 4.20-7.33 - Max Richter - Organum - 13071 (From the album "The Blue Notebooks")
                    03. 7.34-11.35 - The Dead Texan - Beatrice Pt. 2 - Kranky (From the album "The Dead Texan")
                    04. 11.36-16.22 - Steve Roach - Something In Tears - Fortuna (From the album "Quiet Music")
                    05. 16.23-19.11 - Tor Lundvall - Clearing Sky - Strange Fortune (From the album "Empty City")
                    06. 19.12-27.45 - Yagya - Snowflake 6 - Force Inc. Music Works (From the album "Rhythm of Snow")
                    07. 27.46-32.04 - Sickoakes - Wedding Rings & Bullets In The Same Golden Shrine (Part I) - Type Records (From the album "Seawards")
                    08. 32.05-38.36 - Brian McBride - Overture (For Other Halfs) - Kranky (From the album "When The Detail Lost Its Freedom")
                    09. 38.37-44.06 - Eluvium - Everything To Come - Temporary Residence Limited (From the album "Talk Amongst The Trees")
                    10. 44.07-54.51 - Stars of the Lid - Piano Aquieu - Kranky (From the album "The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid")
                    11. 54.52-58.00 - Helios - First Dream Called Ocean - Type Records (From the album "Eingya")
                    12. 58.01-1.03.33 - Marconi Union - Sleepless - All Saints (From the album "Distance")
                    13. 1.03.34-1.05.41 - Harold Budd - Olancha Farewell - Editions EG (From the album "Lovely Thunder")
                    14. 1.05.42-1.08.58 - Tim Hecker - Boreal Kiss - Kranky (From the album "Haunt Me, Haunt Me, Do It Again")
                    15. 1.08.59-1.13.17 - Marsen Jules - Coeur Saignant - City Centre Offices (From the album "Les Fleurs")
                    16. 1.13.18-1.19.05 - Isan - Meet Next Life - Morr Music (From the album "Meet Next Life")

Comment

• catsinspace71
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Nov 2009

Paradigm X - "Horizontalist" Ambient mix

01. Paradigm X - Eroica
                      02. David Kristian - Spring Loaded
                      03. Coil - Theme From Hellraiser
                      04. A.R. Rahman - Theme From Mumbai
                      05. P.J. Harvey - Civil War Correspondent (Global Communication Remix)
                      06. The KLF - What Time Is Love (Mix 2)
                      07. Walter Carlos - Title Music from a Clockwork Orange
                      08. Coil - Vanishing Point
                      09. Boards Of Canada - Zoetrope
                      10. Coil - The First Five Minutes After A Violent Death
                      11. 121 Dials - Vocation
                      12. Carter Burwell - Theme From Blood Simple
                      13. Coil vs ELpH - Glimpse
                      14. Plastikman - Ekko
                      15. AFX - CD Only#1
                      16. Coil - Baby Food
                      17. Biosphere - Phantasm
                      18. Reload - The Enlightenment
                      19. Woob - Emperor
                      20. T. Power - Life In The Freezer
                      21. Adam Freeland - We Want Your Soul
                      22. Last Dark Sky - Propulsion (Hipnotics Slow Motion Remix)
                      23. Mick Haris - Lead In (Quahogs' Having It with Britney Spears Remix)

Comment

• catsinspace71
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Nov 2009

Very fine this...

Desimal - Ambient dub mix

01. - 00:00 - global communication - epsilon phase
                        02 - 8:13 - shpongle - around the world in a tea daze (ott remix)
                        03 - 15:27 - shpongle - once upon the sea of blissful awareness (esion jim remix)
                        04 - 22:15 - ott - smoked glass and chrome
                        05 - 29:21 - younger brother - crumblenaut
                        06 - 32:06 - younger brother - bedtime story
                        07 - 34:33 - shpongle - flute fruit
                        08 - 36:39 - shpongle - around the world in a tea daze (origional)
                        09 - 44:20 - shpongle - a new way to say hooray
                        10 - 52:06 - global communication - 14-31
                        11 - 1:05:19 - ministry of sound - cafe del mar - (michael woods remix)
                        12 - 1:08:28 - liquid morphine - confrontatie
                        13 - 1:12:35 - liquid morphine - the tone t(h)ree - part 1
                        14 - 1:17:28 - autechre - vietrmx21

Last edited by catsinspace71; November 23, 2009, 08:09:25 AM.

Comment

• catsinspace71
                          Fresh Peossy
                          • Nov 2009

Zero - C' - "Zero Pillow Talk"

"A brief touch and go Ambient/Downtempo/Old School session. Nothing special here, just pretty much some arranged tunes I enjoy hearing from time to time.
                          Thought I’d share. Good one for the late night drives, reminiscences or study sessions hopefully."

01 Brian Eno – First Light
                          02 Dead Can Dance – Song of Sophia
                          03 Tangerine Dream – Phaedra
                          04 Air – Clearing Your Head (Pete Namlock rmx)
                          05 Sabres of Paradise – Clock Factory
                          06 Pete Namlock and Hubertus Held – Missing You
                          07 Pete Namlock and Bill Laswell – Psyconavigation
                          08 Brian Eno Above Chiangmai
                          09 Dreamfish – Fishology
                          10 Syn – Nighttime Pleasures
                          11 Mixmaster Morris vs. Jonah Sharp
                          12 Salt Tank – Eugina – (Pacific Diva)
                          13 Biosphere – SETI project
                          14 FSOL – Papa Nu Guinea
                          15 Jam and Spoon – Stella

Listen to the best DJs and radio presenters in the world for free.

Comment

• catsinspace71
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Nov 2009

Ludlow - Bitumen (March 2007)

01 - dak - glow [underwater] - counter intelligence digital
                            02 - gescom - cicada - skam
                            03 - terre thaemlitz - trucker [burnt by the muffler acid remix] - instinct
                            04 - speedy j - drainpipe - plus 8
                            05 - surgeon - dialogue [mick harris remake] - tresor
                            06 - aphex twin - ventolin [wheeze mix] - warp
                            07 - teste - spatial k - probe
                            08 - substance - scent - chain reaction
                            09 - electronic dub - electronic dub 4 - rising high
                            10 - dak - red sunset - cdr
                            11 - speed jack - c.t.c/fading fast - r&s
                            12 - maurizio - t.t./f.f. - tresor
                            13 - claude younge - chamber of dreams - harthouse

Comment

• catsinspace71
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Nov 2009

Two from an all-nighter concept showcase in 2007, highly recommended...

Waking us up from the hazy night before is part-time horizontalist Paradigm X. Articulating a poetic selection without boring like Shakespeare recitals, "instrumental music can be interpreted in many ways" he starts, "but "Vocalisms" features some of my favourite vocal tunes. Lots of spoken word poetry over Downbeat and Ambient, with quite a dark edge. Generally speaking I don't like lyrics in music too much; my theory is they tend to restrict the meaning of a tune. These six tracks are exceptions. I love them all. "
                              Vocalisms

01 - Coil - Where Are You ? (Musick to play in the dark 2, Chalice Records 2000)
                              02 - The Future Sound Of London - Everyone In The World Is Doing Something Without Me (Dead Cities, Virgin Records 1996)
                              03 - Mark Van Hoen - Real Love (Playing with time, Apollo Records, 199
                              04 - Black Dog and Black Sifichi - Wishing Well (Unsavoury Products, Hydrogen Dukebox 2002)
                              05 - Qaballah Steppers - Trust In Dub (Trust Remix) (Shake The Nations, Wordsound Records 1997)
                              06 - Coil - Batwings (A Liminal Hymn) (Musick to play in the dark 2, Chalice Records 2000)

Vignettes

Closing our show as dawn's birds chirp is The Tornado with his wonderful "Vignettes". Forking through 27 tracks in under 35 minutes, it's his miniaturised only-in-size follow-up to "Snowfall": trading lengthy compilation ethics for a collage of Ambient and Classical, ticking the boxes for emotional attachment, solace and smile all under one half hour roof...
                              01 - 0.00-1.00 - Jóhann Jóhannsson - Ţetta Gerist Á Bestu Bćjum - Touch (Taken from the album "Englabörn")
                              02 - 1.01-2.28 - Erik Satie - Mercure - Tableau II - Bain Des - Naxos (Taken from the album "Orchestral Works")
                              03 - 2.29-3.57 - Zbigniew Preisner - Commencement (Tu Ne Tueras Point) - EMI Int'l (Taken from the album "Preisner's Music")
                              04 - 3.58-5.37 - Stars Of The Lid - Hiberner Toujours - Kranky (Taken from the album "Stars Of The Lid And Their Refinement Of The Decline")
                              05 - 5.38-7.18 - Donnacha Costello - That Empty Feeling - Mille Plateaux (Taken from the album "Together Is The New Alone")
                              06 - 7.19-8.41 - Brian Eno - Another Green World - Editions EG (Taken from the album "Another Green World")
                              07 - 8.42-9.29 - múm - Sleep/Swim - FatCat Records (Taken from the album "Finally We Are No One")
                              08 - 9.30-11.01 - Venetian Snares - Hiszékeny - Planet Mu (Taken from the album "Rossz Csillag Alatt Született")
                              09 - 11.02-12.09 - Svarte Greiner - Ullsokk - Type Records (Taken from the album "Knive")
                              10 - 12.10-12.58 - Arvo Pärt - Festina Lente - Epilogus (Taken from the album "Greatest Works")
                              11 - 12.59-14.10 - Sylvain Chauveau - Adieu Miséricorde - Les Disques Du Soleil Et De L'Acier (Taken from the album "Nocturne Impalpable")
                              12 - 14.11-15.15 - Goldmund - Marching Through Georgia - Type Records (Taken from the album "Corduroy Road")
                              13 - 15.16-16.21 - Eluvium - An Accidental Memory - Temporary Residence (Taken from the album "An Accidental Memory In The Case Of Death")
                              14 - 16.22-17.46 - Brian Eno & Harold Budd - Steal Away - Editions EG (Taken from the album "Ambient 2: The Plateaux Of Mirror")
                              15 - 17.47-19.40 - Sigur Rós - Takk... - Geffen Records (Taken from the album "Takk...")
                              16 - 19.41-21.28 - Max Richter - Horizon Variations - 130701 (Taken from the album "The Blue Notebooks")
                              17 - 21.29-22.43 - Benoit Pioulard - Moth Wings - Kranky (Taken from the album "Précis")
                              18 - 22.44-23.58 - Boards Of Canada - Constants Are Changing - Warp Records (Taken from the album "The Campfire Headphase")
                              19 - 23.59-24.58 - Ulrich Schnauss - On My Own (Edit) - City Centre Offices (Taken from the album "A Strangely Isolated Place")
                              20 - 24.59-25.26 - Tim Hecker - Untitled (4) - Substractif (Taken from the album "Haunt Me, Haunt Me, Do It Again")
                              21 - 25.27-26.15 - Mogwai - O I Sleep - Play It Again Sam (PIAS) (Taken from the album "Rock Action")
                              22 - 26.16-27.27 - Rothko & Caroline Ross - Elements of Traces - Lo Recordings (Taken from the album "A Place Between")
                              23 - 27.28-29.02 - Earth - Mirage - Southern Lord (Taken from the album "Hex; Or Printing In The Infernal Method")
                              24.- 29.03-30 - Manual - Bajamar - Darla Records (Taken from the album "Bajamar")
                              25 - 30.25-31.31 - Aphex Twin - I - Warp Records (Taken from the album "Selected Ambient Works 85-92")
                              26 - 31.32-32.48 - Squarepusher - Tommib - Warp Records (Taken from the album "Go Plastic")
                              27 - 32.49-34.34 - Brian McBride - Prelude - Kranky (Taken from the album "When The Detail Lost Its Freedom")

This is a mix I did for Muttley's (AKA Dastardly Exposure - http://www.myspace.com/dastardlyexposure) "15 Minutes of Fame" series. Every now and then, certain DJs on his list are selected to submit a mix that is between 15 and 40 minutes long, with a key aim of showcasing of their track...

Comment

• Micko
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Oct 2004

That's my music sorted for tomorrow

Comment

Working...