X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shpira
    Angry Boy Child
    • Oct 2006

I need some Melatonin!

Does anyone here have trouble sleeping at normal times or sleeps in random patterns like 3-4 hours in a go...my sleeping has been fuked for a while now...I go to bed at like 6 in the morning sometimes 9 and sleep through a large chunk of the day or I have like 2 naps like from 2 in the morning till 5 and then in the afternoon again...

I am generally against sleeping pills but I am getting kinda of desperate for a solution...
    I tried not sleeping for like 24h and then going to bed and I just end up sleeping normally that one night and then I cant fall asleep the next...its MAD.

Anyway...just venting my frustration...I can't exercise, can't do some of the work I have to do during the day and to top it all off I look like shit cuz I haven't slept all night...

p.s. haven't slept all night and off for a fun day of lectures...If I don't collapse, I thank god for shades and headphones!
    The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: I need some Melatonin!

Cut back on the alcohol perhaps? Alcohol can disrupt sleep.

I have similarly fucked up sleep, I think my body only sleeps on alternate nights because that's the only time it's tired enough to knock out after a previous night of not sleeping (like last night).

Melatonin might help, but it doesn't knock you out. You will need to want to sleep, and have the conditions conducive to sleep. What it does is send you into a deeper sleep AFTER you fall asleep. But depending on how your body handles it, you might wake up with a hangover from the melatonin and feel groggy (I do).

Alternatively try 5-HTP which helps you sleep and is good for your moods too. It used to work for me but not anymore

Try exercising early in the morning or afternoon, that might help. Again, depending on your body, you might not be able to sleep a few hours after exercising (like me) so do it first thing in the morning. You'll probably feel fucked by the late afternoon but you'll have a good sleep at night.

Cultivate a good sleep cycle like waking up and sleeping on time, make sure there are no external disturbances, no light, etc.

Too bad I've tried all this shit and I'm still not sleeping. What I need is some good bud I reckon.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• nick007
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2007

I was in a very similar situation recently not being able to sleep - took tabs for 10 days just to get my sleeping pattern back to normal then stopped the pills.

Booze kills your sleeping pattern and maybe even look at what you are eating and at what time you are eating.

I am also dead against pills but it worked. Used the analogy that if my leg was broken I would take pills for the pain - same difference.

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• nick007
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by feather
        Cut back on the alcohol perhaps? Alcohol can disrupt sleep.

I have similarly fucked up sleep, I think my body only sleeps on alternate nights because that's the only time it's tired enough to knock out after a previous night of not sleeping (like last night).

Melatonin might help, but it doesn't knock you out. You will need to want to sleep, and have the conditions conducive to sleep. What it does is send you into a deeper sleep AFTER you fall asleep. But depending on how your body handles it, you might wake up with a hangover from the melatonin and feel groggy (I do).

Alternatively try 5-HTP which helps you sleep and is good for your moods too. It used to work for me but not anymore

Try exercising early in the morning or afternoon, that might help. Again, depending on your body, you might not be able to sleep a few hours after exercising (like me) so do it first thing in the morning. You'll probably feel fucked by the late afternoon but you'll have a good sleep at night.

Cultivate a good sleep cycle like waking up and sleeping on time, make sure there are no external disturbances, no light, etc.

Too bad I've tried all this shit and I'm still not sleeping. What I need is some good bud I reckon.
        Maybe sex and when she asks to cuddle turn over and go to sleep OR read the bible in bed - guaranteed

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• Haziel
          Likes a finger upthere
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by nick007
          OR read the bible in bed - guaranteed
          Well said , read a book....or jog , eat a fairly heavy meal before going to sleep at nights, chew some valerian and chill.

-Avoid things that give you energy or put you on alert at night like powerdrinks , cigarrettes, and sugar ,

Comment

• Dhar_2
            meat and potatoes
            • Jun 2004

i use it when i travel. otherwise i cant sleep on the plane.

it helps on the first night aswell to help regulate your body clock.

nothing heavy and works a treat

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
              Anyone have Styx livesets?
              • Jun 2004

cut out the naps!
              get some ambien do 3 or 4 nights with it to get back to normal rhythm then stop.
              but then have a completely routine schedule for bedtime - do the same things right before bed, in the same order.
              and don't do anything else in bed except sleep. no tv no books etc.
              and increase your exercise during the day.

and no booze in the hours before sleep either.

good luck!
              ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• chanty
                John, John, where art thou!
                • Jun 2004

Guess I'm a very lucky lady as I've never had sleeping problems. I get on average 7 to 8 hours a night no problem. I rarely wake up during this time aswell. Gonzo, knocked out. nighty night.
                Hope you can figure it out as that would be maddening.
                Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• AntonyM
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Oct 2004

Routine, have to develop a mental routine before you sleep, visualize yourself sleeping, shut down the brain, it works for me, all the above advice is great as well, booze is a killer on sleep, melatonin works, just take it a half hour before you go to sleep, just wait for it to hit you, not as solid as sleeping pills but I use to take them and unfortunately it is real easy to get overly dependent on them.
                  Originally posted by Shpira
                  So came back last night...
                  Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                  Originally posted by Illuminate
                  Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                  2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                  3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                  4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Shpira
                    Angry Boy Child
                    • Oct 2006

Yeah I exercise and don't drink that often...i mean like once a week I may have a couple of beers and some tequila...but nothing on a regular basis. I tried smoking bud and that does help but I have a healthy tollerance so its kinda expensive. I am hoping to do it naturaly...without pills but if I don't manage by the end of the week...I am buying some pills.
                    Thanks for your replies guys

p.s. I do have a problem with coffein it realy fucks me up...so i need to cut that shit for sure
                    The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

probably just a phase. the only way to break the cycle is to go to bed at 9-10pm after you haven't slept much the night prior. Start running in the mornings, your all set.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Dhar_2
                        meat and potatoes
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                        cut out the naps!
                        get some ambien do 3 or 4 nights with it to get back to normal rhythm then stop.
                        but then have a completely routine schedule for bedtime - do the same things right before bed, in the same order.
                        and don't do anything else in bed except sleep. no tv no books etc.
                        and increase your exercise during the day.

and no booze in the hours before sleep either.

good luck!
                        lilly might have something to say against the ambien!

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

6:15am here, kept waking up throughout the night again. Maybe time to get some pills too.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Shpira
                            Angry Boy Child
                            • Oct 2006

Well I am off to try and get some sleep...hopefully I won't wake up in like 4 hours time
                            The Idiots ARE Winning.

Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Johnson
                              Addiction started
                              • Dec 2004

exactly the same here ... huge sleep problems .. and the melatonin i bought in the US last year is empty now...grrr

Comment

Working...