X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

I'm a racist

I posted this on our company forum earlier today. It was later removed by the Admin because some of the content of the post I placed could be viewed as having racist content. Id be interested to know if anyone thinks they where right or wrong to remove it.

Originally posted by chunky
    Does anyone else have concerns with the company wanting to review our shift premiums? The company wants to cut our salary's (We have already taken a 20% cut) even more. They want to reduce shift premiums which will only come into effect when we go back on to shift, which will be when the company is performing well. They also want us to go on a Job share which would maybe mean working a 4 day week loosing even more of our basic salary. Last week it emerged that they are now financing the Formula 1 Team that they sold to Ross Brawn.

Something is seriously wrong the company is clearly taking advantage of the current situation. If a company can't run without exploiting its work force it shouldn't be running at all. What are they going to suggest next? "Rounding up some black dudes and getting them to work for free". It feels like we are being forced into Economic Slavery
    Last edited by chunky; March 11, 2009, 04:04:42 AM.
    Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
  • lilsensa
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: I'm a racist

You should never use anything that resembles your views on race, religion, or political affiliation when stating any view or opinion concerning work.

I think that what you wrote could def be taken out of context. Do I think it is racist? Mmmmmm, not really, but again, it def could be taken that way.
    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• chanty
      John, John, where art thou!
      • Jun 2004

I don't find it racist but it's an odd thing to say in a work related letter and I can understand why it was removed.
      Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• chunky
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jan 2006

Thanks obviously my intention and my point was referring to exploitation of cheap labour.

Comment

• chanty
          John, John, where art thou!
          • Jun 2004

Yup..I saw your point. It's very valid and good luck with that! But you did use the words black dudes and slavery to make it. I think if the word black wasn't there it would've been fine. "Round up a bunch of dudes to work for free". See? Much different.
          Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
            Anyone have Styx livesets?
            • Jun 2004

if you had typed homeless dudes instead of black dudes - it would have been accepted NP.
            ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Micko
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by lilsensa
              You should never use anything that resembles your views on race, religion, or political affiliation when stating any view or opinion concerning work.

I think that what you wrote could def be taken out of context. Do I think it is racist? Mmmmmm, not really, but again, it def could be taken that way.
              I have to agree

Comment

• Adzey
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Mar 2008

chris living in england you know that type of thing would get totally taken out of context so you cannot be surprised it was deleted really.

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• floridaorange
                  I'm merely a humble butler
                  • Dec 2005

perhaps you should have said african english

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Dhar_2
                    meat and potatoes
                    • Jun 2004

not really racist!

but to be pc it would have been ok without the "black", slaves would have done the job!

Comment

• liquidsky
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jun 2004

HR has to remove things like that as it crosses a fine line. I had a friend that made the mistake of saying to a co-worker during a disagreement, right after the shooting at Virginia Tech "...not like I'm going to bring a gun to work like that student at VT" - he was fired after the co-worker brought it up to his mgr. and it somehow snowballed into a crazy story around the co. where the comment morphed into him saying he was bringing a gun into work.

By saying that comment you kind of voided the professional aspects of your argument.

Was your name attached to this message - if so, you might be seen as a troublemaker, so be careful now or you might be the next one out the door. They can easily say you are using company time and company equipment to cause uprise.

Oh and also check your spelling - "loosing" is incorrect - it's "losing"

Comment

• Dhar_2
                        meat and potatoes
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                        if you had typed homeless dudes instead of black dudes - it would have been accepted NP.
                        is that wealthist??

Comment

• chunky
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • Jan 2006

I think I will give the company forum a miss from now on. I think the employees are going to take everything the company throws at them. I went to a union meeting on Friday, with a 4 month layoff and massive pay cuts you would think people would turn up. Out of 1500 members only 19 people turned up.

Comment

• Mariner1
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2009

that's lacist

Comment

• clintlove
                              Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                              • Jun 2004

Or you could have said, "round up a bunch of mexicans from out infront of the home depot and make them work for burritos." that wouldn't have been racist at all.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

Working...