X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dzone
    Platinum Poster
    • Jul 2004

Re: I'm a racist

I think you should stay and fight chris...not an easy one 4 sure, couple of my mates in UK lost thier jobs, so good luck mate.
    ^^What dosen't Kill you make you stronger ^^

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Like your new avatar Mo !
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Some one has to fight, but it's hard!!
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Miroslav
          WHOA I can change this!1!
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by chunky
          Because in the current climate that's not really an option, I still have a wife an child to support. I've worked at the company for 12 years and stand to loose a lot by leaving. My current job I have a final salary pension, if I leave I will not be able to get another one anywhere else. Leaving the company is exactly what the company would like, but I would rather fight. When I started at the company we agreed to certain terms and conditions, the company is now trying to amend them for no other reason than greed.

I'm already working on the the education part but I dont think that will get far enough up the ladder to be able to change anything. My company made 6 Billion on profit last year 3% more than the year before. In the last 3 months over 1000 people have walked away, to what unemployment. People spent years fighting for better working conditions just for the company to take them away. Walk away no I think I will stay and fight for now.
          Look, I feel sorry for you, but in all honesty... well, what leverage do you have? It's not your company, your employment is ultimately at will, and there is probably no law that says they must keep you around. They are probably within their rights, so long as they don't do anything illegal. Probably the only thing you can do is strike / protest if you're part of a union and they vote for it...or sue the company and try to prove your case in court that they broke the law. If the company fails, then you may claim a moral victory...but you will unfortunately be unemployed just the same.
          mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• i!!ustrious
            I got some N64 Games Yo!!
            • Mar 2008

he could take 'em up in court, but that would siphon his lil pockets dry even more so i might assume.

fucking attorneys.

fight the power!
            (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• chunky
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jan 2006

Yeah are part of the union but they have a no strike agreement. Ultimately with the Collective Bargaining Agreement it would go to arbitration and ACASS would be brought in. Both sides would then have to make their case and an Independent Arbitrator would make the decision. The problem for me is they are taking advantage of the current situation to take away pay & benefits that will have not impact on the the current situation and will affect all associates in the long term. Also with mass unemployment the company will be able to keep wages low for a long time like in the 1980's after the miners strike.
              Originally posted by res0nat0r
              OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Oct 2005

Sorry Chunky i would have removed it. Even though u did not mean to sound that way. I am not sure how many people work in your company but i guess not everyone would know everyone so it is only natural to see it as been racist (Not that u are). hope that makes sense.

Comment

Working...