• Show
Clear All
  • chloe harris
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

obama ends stem cell ban

funding ban.. before anyone has a cow.

thats another thing he's done.

america is getting better and better by the minute.
    pillow humping rules.
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: obama ends stem cell ban

theres hope for michael j fox yet!
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Miroslav
      WHOA I can change this!1!
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by chloe harris
      america is getting better and better by the minute.
      In some ways, yes it is. In other non-trivial ways, it's unfotunately also getting worse and worse by the minute...not necessarily all for reasons that are in Obama's control, though.
      mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Miroslav
        In some ways, yes it is. In other non-trivial ways, it's unfotunately also getting worse and worse by the minute...not necessarily all for reasons that are in Obama's control, though.
        Undeniably true -- economy is likely to get worse before it gets better, and I don't think there is a hell of a lot that anyone, Republican or Democrat, can do about it. Things like this stem cell thing, though, suggest that we're moving in the right direction where we can. The previous administration's failure to allow stem cell research on embryos that were literally going to just be thrown away anyway was really short-sighted, IMO. This change affects the stock market, unemployment and housing values exactly zero, but it is an important step that will likely pay dividends for generations to come.

Comment

• chloe harris
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

its a hugely important step to america being on the right track : moving forward.
          pillow humping rules.

Comment

• MJDub
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

At this point I've already chalked up the economy for the next year at the very least as a loss for everyone (and not much anyone can do about it), so I'm glad to see that Obama is sticking to some of his long-term goals from the campaign such as this, so that at least there's something good worth talking about these days.
            http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• thesightless
              Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
              • Jun 2004

this was one of the dumbest things to ban. god forbid science actually makes something of this (which of course it will)
              your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
              download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• MJDub
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                this was one of the dumbest things to ban. god forbid science actually makes something of this (which of course it will)
                It's what happens when religion is legislated. Dumb shit happens.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Miroslav
                  WHOA I can change this!1!
                  • Apr 2006

I agree that it is good that he's moving forward with stem cell research. It should certainly pay dividends in the future. There are just too many high-risk things in the works right now in this period of crisis for me to be too enthusiastic about him just yet. I guess I need to see how certain key things turn out under his leadership first.
                  mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Shpira
                    Angry Boy Child
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Miroslav
                    I agree that it is good that he's moving forward with stem cell research. It should certainly pay dividends in the future. There are just too many high-risk things in the works right now in this period of crisis for me to be too enthusiastic about him just yet. I guess I need to see how certain key things turn out under his leadership first.
                    ^^
                    well said.

This stem cell research is a natural step to take...if it were not made it would allow for China to have a monopoly on all the benefits of this technology...they are so far ahead on this shit its incredible...
                    The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• chloe harris
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

its not a natural step to take or we wouldn't have had that natural step taken away from us.

i think its awesome that obama is just as religious(albeit diff religion) as bush yet he doesn't let that guide his choices for the rest of us.

that is what is powerful with obama and that is where the majority of change is really going to be seen.
                      pillow humping rules.

Comment

• Shpira
                        Angry Boy Child
                        • Oct 2006

First I wrote a response which kind of made me sound like a prick so I will try and clarify what I meant....

The fundamentals of politics and more importantly "democracy" is that the person elected is not supposed to represent his own view's or moral convictions but that of his voters...furthermore the representative should have the foresight to act on behalf of his people and in the best interest of the people.

Bush got elected with the religious vote + he was mentally retarded and most of his policies reflected that...therefore he is "unusual"...I am not gonna go into the fact that US citizens voted him into the white house for a second term and the things that fact indicates...

So to conclude a nations representative cannot allow for another nation to gain a comparative advantage in any field as by allowing 4 something like that to happen his state will loose money and endanger its position in the global system. This is especially true of the US as its the Global Hegemon at this time (although barely).

Essentially, imagine if only one nation controlled the cure for aids, cancer or some other fatal illness...just because of the moral convictions of a few.

As I said now its a natural step to make. the US policy makers (and VOTERS) were just brain dead for the past 5 years (I say 5 cuz everyone makes mistakes its how you deal with them that counts)
                        The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                        Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• MJDub
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Shpira
                          the US policy makers (and VOTERS) were just brain dead for the past 5 years (I say 5 cuz everyone makes mistakes its how you deal with them that counts)
                          No, only 50.1% of voters

Comment

• Shpira
                            Angry Boy Child
                            • Oct 2006

^^ True...on the other hand as I was saying for the past 4 years or so to everyone when talking face to face on the subject...

If I was an American, a true patriot and that fuck got elected to the White House for a second term I would exercise my second amendment right. To me that man is just a fucking traitor....he acted against US national interests throughout his terms and for that he should be punished. I just don't understand where have all the radical crazies gone from the US...are they in Iraq or what?

Anyway may seem harsh but think about it look at the US eight years ago and look at it now...I don't think there was ever a man living that fucked up the US more than him...but now we are getting off topic.
                            The Idiots ARE Winning.

Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                              Anyone have Styx livesets?
                              • Jun 2004

only 53% of those voting, voted for Obama - hardly a landslide is it! still means 47% of the nation didn't want him!
                              ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

Working...