X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fyrestarter
    Gold Gabber
    • Feb 2009

Re: My flying days would be over too!!

UPDATE: TMZ is now reporting that DJ AM's rep say he was never scheduled to fly on flight 3407. His rep tells TMZ: "DJ AM was never booked on the Continental flight that crashed last month, in fact he was performing that evening in NYC. That crash nor the one he was involved in, has prevented him from flying -- although he has tremendously scaled back his east coast residencies to focus on his recovery."
    I wonder if this new healthcare thing covers my pre-existing condition: AWESOMENESS.

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

^^^ Jeez that spoilt a good rumour

Originally posted by Shpira
      I really don't understand people who are afraid of death...
      I mean its obviously better to be alive than dead but once it happens you won't have regrets because you will be dead...you won't think "oh its a bummer i'm dead"
      So live life to its fullest and if you happen to die...you die so what. Allowing for fear to control your life is just sad...and deciding to give up flying because of the things mentioned above IMO would be equal to giving up walking because you fell on your head twice...
      I get into trouble for saying things like this all the time !! Dying is, either you go to heaven if that is your belief, or there is nothing ! The people I always feel for are the ones who are left behind !

Btw How many of us have been in a car accident.. we still get in cars and as pointed out they are much more dangerous !

"oh its a bummer i'm dead"
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

reminds me of the story that JOn BonJovi would never get in a car/tourbus/plane with any of Def Leppard due to all the 'bad luck' incidents they have had (drummer lost arm, one member died etc)
        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• jeffrey collins
          Not cool enough
          • Jun 2004

def leppard didn't have bad luck, they had a hot headed drummer who got himself in that car wreck. And an alcoholic guitarist who couldn't deal with his dad always telling him he was gonna be a failure.
          Jeffrey Collins: Painter
          My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
          My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• chunky
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Jan 2006

^ Yeah a bit like Ozzy Osbourne's guitarist how tried to bounce the wheels of his microlight aircraft of the roof of the tour bus for fun and ended up killing himself and 2 other people because lost control and he hit a house
            Originally posted by res0nat0r
            OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

I really don't understand people who are afraid of death...
              I mean its obviously better to be alive than dead but once it happens you won't have regrets because you will be dead...you won't think "oh its a bummer i'm dead"
              So live life to its fullest and if you happen to die...you die so what. Allowing for fear to control your life is just sad...and deciding to give up flying because of the things mentioned above IMO would be equal to giving up walking because you fell on your head twice...
              Originally posted by floridaorange
              I doubt you would be sitting in your seat calm as buddha while your plane was falling out of the sky to your death I think it's the process that scares people. Having a near death experience scares most people normally.
              What he said ... it's not death but the dying!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Shpira
                Angry Boy Child
                • Oct 2006

^^YEah...I can kinda of dig that but I still think that its not so bad...I had been scared so many times previously when I was kinda sure I was gonna die LOL that now I just don't care anymore...and when I think back on all the stupid shit I did it sometimes amazes me that I am still standing and am completely fine apart for a couple of scars...
                Or maybe I have brain damage but am not aware of it? who knows with these things how they will manifest themselves...

Anyway I still think its not a good life to live in fear...
                The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                  Anyone have Styx livesets?
                  • Jun 2004

^^........and am completely fine ......
                  that might be subjective - have you read some your posts!!
                  ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Shpira
                    Angry Boy Child
                    • Oct 2006

Yeah as I said I might have brain dmg...you never can tell..
                    The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

Working...