X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coleby761
    Are you Kidding me??
    • May 2008

Milk

Watched this tonight with the wife. A very good and moving movie with a tremendous job from Sean Penn. Highlt recomend it.
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: Milk

I saw penn and that dude from pineapple express making out in the first 5 minutes and turned it off. I couldn't stomach it.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Adzey
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Mar 2008

^ what a shame you missed out on a very good movie

was that anywhere worse than the "dry hump" in brokeback mountain or couldnt you watch that either?

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• coleby761
        Are you Kidding me??
        • May 2008

Originally posted by Kamal
        I saw penn and that dude from pineapple express making out in the first 5 minutes and turned it off. I couldn't stomach it.
        That's to bad Kamal.

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

Originally posted by Adzey
          ^ what a shame you missed out on a very good movie

was that anywhere worse than the "dry hump" in brokeback mountain or couldnt you watch that either?
          No I heard about the brave shot from brokeback and have never watched that movie either.

Originally posted by coleby761
          That's to bad Kamal.
          I know mate, I know Sean's a great actor and having won an award for this flick, I was really tempted to watch it but shit I couldn't watch 2 dudes make out like that. I just couldn't. It's in the same vein as watching movies with extreme violence. I know there's a French movie I posted about earlier (don't remember its name) but it was so graphic, almost threw up watching it.

Sorry ... I know I probably missed a great watch.
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• coleby761
            Are you Kidding me??
            • May 2008

I understand the feeling Kamal. My brother-in law is openly gay and has helped open my eyes. For many years holidays and stuff made me uncomfortable I just got the same feeling watching this as i do when I watch something about Mlk Jr. Cheers bro

Comment

• Mariner1
              Banned
              • Feb 2009

i heard it's like star wars for gays.

i'll take a miss on this one, only because i've never been impressed with sean penn. (save for fast times....)

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                Anyone have Styx livesets?
                • Jun 2004

k: you'd be perfectly happy if it was two women tho!

this is a great film - I just watched it this weekend too.
                Penn is superb in it - but the movie has a great story and good pacing of telling the story as well as character development.
                ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                  k: you'd be perfectly happy if it was two women tho!

in any event the French movie I was talking about was irreversible

What a mind bending fuck up of a flick. It's actually a french flick thats supposedly about a rape and revenge story. Here's a brief snippet about the movie from Netflix The fact that it was nominated for an award made me rent it, but holy crap its designed to mess with your head. I watched the movie for all of 15

My original review

Originally posted by Kamal
                  What a mind bending fuck up of a flick. It's actually a french flick thats supposedly about a rape and revenge story. Here's a brief snippet about the movie from Netflix

The fact that it was nominated for an award made me rent it, but holy crap its designed to mess with your head.

I watched the movie for all of 15 minutes and ended up turning it off because it made me so neaseaus. The camera just does not sit still, its like suspended from the cieling by a spring and its trying to maintain focus on the subject. To add to it, its constantly night so the darkness with a background "siren" soundtrack was adding to the mess this movie was making of my mind.

Finally, the gore in the first part of the movie was just ewwww. They actually showed male genitalia on several occasions (within the first 15 minutes itself - shot in a gay club) and a guy getting clubbed in the face with a Fire Extinguisher. And no not just once, the guy doing the clubbing went at it gradually fracturing the face, cleaning out the teeth, sqiushing one eye ball out... turned it off after that....

what I could make out was the movie was playing in reverse.... I'd give it a 3/10 for a shitty start and not having to see the middle or even getting to the end
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                    Anyone have Styx livesets?
                    • Jun 2004

to me, there is a huge difference between 2 consenting partners and brutal violence and rape - I cant watch that brutal stuff either.
                    go back and watch Milky Brokeback now!
                    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Kamal
                      Administrator
                      • May 2002

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                      to me, there is a huge difference between 2 consenting partners and brutal violence and rape - I cant watch that brutal stuff either.
                      go back and watch Milky Brokeback now!
                      there is a difference in the action but it has the same net result to me. i cant watch it. I guess I'm just conservative to a degree about this stuff. I'm not condoning it don't get me wrong, I just can't watch it with a large pop-corn and soda.... if you get my drift.
                      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Adzey
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Mariner1
                        i'll take a miss on this one, only because i've never been impressed with sean penn. (save for fast times....)
                        i used to think you sometimes talked sense but now.....

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• Shpira
                          Angry Boy Child
                          • Oct 2006

Honestly call me homophobic but I am not big on Gay Cinema therefore I stay clear of certain films...I guess I really just don't care about gay rights and their problems.
                          The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                          Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Mariner1
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Adzey
                            i used to think you sometimes talked sense but now.....

What doesn't make sense to you? I have never been impressed with Sean Penn as an actor, save for Fast Times at Ridgemont High. What is not clear about that, what ambiguities do you see there that are hard to make sense of?

Comment

• Adzey
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Mar 2008

i just think anyone that can say they have not been impressed by sean penn as an actor is talking shite

just my 2 cents

Comment

Working...