Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

Obama Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for Treatment

not a smart move.
  • ddr
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Obama Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for Treatment

Did you bother to read anything other than the headlines?

First paragraph for instance:

WASHINGTON, March 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The leader of the nation's largest veterans organization says he is "deeply disappointed and concerned" after a meeting with President Obama today to discuss a proposal to force private insurance companies to pay for the treatment of military veterans who have suffered service-connected disabilities and injuries. The Obama administration recently revealed a plan to require private insurance carriers to reimburse the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in such cases.
    Last I checked.. private insurance companies and wounded soldiers are two very different things.
    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• MJDub
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

^ In fact that seems to be the exact opposite of what the thread title implies.

EDIT: It does seem that this is one corner we shouldn't be cutting to save money in the overall budget. It is "only" $540 million.
      http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ddr
        Did you bother to read anything other than the headlines?

First paragraph for instance:

Last I checked.. private insurance companies and wounded soldiers are two very different things.
        rhetorical question right?

Comment

• thesightless
          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
          • Jun 2004

the idea is dumb out of principle of saying "you fought for US, but the U.S. cant pay.

but ur also misleading with the person who would foot the bill at then end.
          your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Steve Graham
            DJ Jelly
            • Jun 2004

I would be happy for my tax dollars to go to helping war veterans, better that than some of these useless mothers popping out kids they cant afford to raise

Comment

• Shpira
              Angry Boy Child
              • Oct 2006

I think runnigman gave up? where are you mate? its no fun without you
              The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
              Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Miroslav
                WHOA I can change this!1!
                • Apr 2006

^^ funny, I was just realizing that we haven't had a big virtual fight in the Politics forum for a few days now...
                mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Shpira
                  Angry Boy Child
                  • Oct 2006

Honestly its pretty boring without him...thats why I don't react to any arguments because I think at least people are contributing...the politics thread was buzzing a week ago...look at it now your lucky if there are 3 ppl on it
                  The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                  Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• toasty
                    Sir Toastiness
                    • Jun 2004

I used to post like fiend during the Bush administration, because the guy gave me something new to be outraged about on more or less a daily basis. Been much more sedate since Obama was elected.

That, and my thoughts on just about every topic under the sun are pretty well documented on this forum's pages. No need to rehash it just for the sake of posting something...

Comment

• runningman
                      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                      • Jun 2004

you should be outraged about this spending bill he is proposing. The US can't afford it.

We should be ashamed of ourselves on here for not even having a thread dedicated to Obama's spending bill. It should be 10 pages deep by now.

Comment

• toasty
                        Sir Toastiness
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by runningman
                        you should be outraged about this spending bill he is proposing. The US can't afford it.
                        I'm definitely outraged that the economy is in such a state that doing something like this is something we even have to consider.

Comment

• runningman
                          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                          • Jun 2004

Army vet billed $3,000 for war wounds

Comment

• ddr
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by runningman

We should be ashamed of ourselves on here for not even having a thread dedicated to Obama's spending bill. It should be 10 pages deep by now.
                            Um.. .ok...?

I love it how you post a bullshit story without reading the damn thing and then 5+ people say you are full of shit but instead of backing up your own claim you post something that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread or that article.

Plus, that article you posted above is exactly what your first article is trying to prevent. So, to that effect, you are contradicting yourself.

It's just too funny.
                            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

Working...