X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Garrick
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

U.S. to Probe Shooting of Wounded Iraqi

well, as cool guy, ftc, points below, i guess i don't read and process information very well. still it is an interesting article, but ignore my paragraph of stupid banter below.

ok, give me a break. if people make a big deal over this, saying the american soldier was wrong in shooting this guy, i'm not sure i agree. i mean i understand not harming anyone that that has surrendered and is defenseless, but in the case where there have been sabotages with iraqis pretending to be dead, th ats a whole other situation. anybody agree with me? you protect yourself and your allies first... if that means doing what that soldier did, so be it. if i had someone firing rpgs at me and then that guy pretends to be dead, you are god damn right i am going to have an itchy trigger finger. no ifs, ands or buts.
    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?
  • ftc
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Re: U.S. to Probe Shooting of Wounded Iraqi

you left out a very important piece of information. the mentioned "wounded iraqi" who was shot dead for still breathing was a prisoner. are you seeking for consolidation? hoping someone will agree with your so you don't feel alone with your sick thoughts? i bet you also think it was correct to torture and sexually abuse iraqi war prisoners at Abu Gharib aswell...

i hope those responsible will be prosecuted to the fullest and if found guilty, will be appropriately punished.

as for sickos like you, i suggest investigating humanitarian rights. start with "the geneva convention" and "amnesty international".
    fuck sigs.

Comment

• Garrick
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

prisoner is a different situation... i guess i neglected to process that. that'd mean he was disarmed, so i guess i stand corrected.

and you, ftc can bite my ass shithead.
      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• ftc
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

cheers

i guess i should take back my last comment. it's easy to jump the gun. if it was nothing but an honest mistake, i appologize aswell.
        fuck sigs.

Comment

• Garrick
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

anyone want to sodomize some frogs??

Comment

• FuSe
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jul 2004

American troops do not have the reputation to be very selective in arresting people. And even if he'd just fired an rpg, it's still murder

Comment

• runningman
              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
              • Jun 2004

you also have to remember that these guys can't trust anyone.. people are coming out everywhere with car bombs and bombs attached to themselves.. i don't support what happened but you have to put yourself in their shoes.. they arwe under an extreme amount of stress and that can take a toll on your decision making..

Comment

• Balanc3
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

"He's (fucking) faking he's dead!"

"Yeah, he's breathing," another Marine is heard saying.

"He's faking he's (fuckin') dead!" the first Marine says.

The video then showed a Marine raising his rifle toward a prisoner lying on the floor of the mosque. The video shown by NBC and provided to the network pool was blacked out at that point and did not show the bullet hitting the man. But a rifle shot could be heard.

"He's dead now," a Marine is heard saying.
                Definately, if he shot him because he was playing dead, out of pure smite then the soldiers deserve whatever punishment they get (if they had proof the prisoner had killed a U.S. soldier, then so be it). Back in WW2 this would have been acceptable, however not as easy for some American troops. Today, with international law... the marines should have known better.
                Regardless, FTC can also bite my ass. This is war, and war requires extreme measures. You consistantly jump the gun. cheers
                JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• Yao
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

For the most part I agree with FTC, except for the fact that maybe any of us would act the same in a situation like, wether it is right or wrong.
                  If you're in a war and see your friends get killed or wounded (seeing them lying on the ground crying for their mother with their entrails in their hands and stuff), and are on edge all the time because any moment someone can pop out a door or a car could come around the corner trying to kill you...it's a pretty human response to unload that tension. It just fucks you up.

I'm not saying I approve of what the soldiers did, but I understand it.
                  Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• santo26
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

Re: U.S. to Probe Shooting of Wounded Iraqi

For me is a murder

Comment

• Garrick
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

you also have to take into account what the media is telling us. they could make it sound alot better/worse than it actually is. it really isn't fair to judge someone on their actions when 1) you weren't there, 2) you have not been in that situation before and 3) you hear it from the US media because they want you to think one thing when it could have been easily a completely different situation.

for example, a prisoner could mean two things: 1) a prisoner that they JUST took captive and they are still trying to control him while in the line of battle or 2) a confined prisoner outside of the war area under our control. both could call for vastly different reactions.

Comment

• ftc
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jun 2004

i just watched the footage this evening it's dissapointing. obviously the soldiers are under alot of stress trying to get the job done. although no matter how true this is, i think that after you watch what was filmed you will stop arguing. this cannot be called anything other than "murder of a prisoner" which is violation of human rights & the "treatment of prisoners". i don't see the point in carrying on this discussion the marine has been discharged and will be facing a trial (officially announced).

this is not something new. young buck hillbilly marines getting a kick out of abusing power and authority. as long as there is proof available, necessary measures will be taken.

balanc3, i don't consistently jump the gun. i try my best to defend the truth. if anyone has a personal problem with this tough luck. when i realize tension i try to ease the tone but unfortunately some people don't appreciate the courtesy.
                        fuck sigs.

Comment

• timkell
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ftc
                          i just watched the footage this evening it's dissapointing. obviously the soldiers are under alot of stress trying to get the job done. although no matter how true this is, i think that after you watch what was filmed you will stop arguing. this cannot be called anything other than "murder of a prisoner" which is violation of human rights & the "treatment of prisoners". i don't see the point in carrying on this discussion the marine has been discharged and will be facing a trial (officially announced).

this is not something new. young buck hillbilly marines getting a kick out of abusing power and authority. as long as there is proof available, necessary measures will be taken.

balanc3, i don't consistently jump the gun. i try my best to defend the truth. if anyone has a personal problem with this tough luck. when i realize tension i try to ease the tone but unfortunately some people don't appreciate the courtesy.
                          FTC, you really draw some big conclusions from a 40 second video. None of us know what led up to the shooting.

I'm not saying we should just trust the marines to do their jobs. I'm just saying, don't condemn this guy based on that video. I don't know what happened. These guys don't look like prisoners to me. They look like injured insurgents. They maybe became prisoners after this video, but from a report on CNN last night, it sounds like they were accidentally left there for a day. They were all so hurt they just stayed there. So when these other marines went in, they may not have known about the previous day's encounter.

Pretty much any video I see of war looks like it's wrong to me. It's people killing people, so it's never going to look flattering for the guy doing the killing. I'll hold off judgement, positive or negative, until I get more facts. And if he actually just murdered a guy for no reason, I'm sure he'll pay for it now that there's footage of it.
                          FunkyCozy
                          A FREE Minimal/Techno/Tech House Party @ Anu
                          Every Last Saturday of the Month
                          Residents: Jonathan Beech, Sinukus, Tim McCormack
                          Next Cozy: Saturday, October 28
                          3rd annual Halloween bash, FunkyCozy vs. [Kontrol]
                          with guests Alland Byallo (Liebe Detail) and Craig Kuna
                          Wear a costume!

Comment

• Garrick
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

well if it WAS an act of murder and it does violate the "treatment of prisoners", its not like iraq hasn't done this as well in a much more gruesome manner, might i add. having said that, it still does not make it right to do something just because the other side does it.

Comment

• ftc
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jun 2004

in the vid i see a wounded old man (he is said to be wounded the day before when the mosque was attacked who was then treated by the marines which leads me to conclude that he would be unarmed) being shot at point-blank range with no evidence of posing any possible threat. i'm sorry, i don't know what else to call this.

yes, perhaps there are more details behind this incident but if it wasn't filmed i doubt anyone would hear about it. atleast now justice has a chance to prevail should the marine be found guilty.
                              fuck sigs.

Comment

Working...