Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

maybe he decided to put the injured man out of his misery.. maybe he was badly hurt and the marine just ended it the pain.. remember the democratic media is persuading.. but not always true.. when did it become cool to listen to the news instead of the leader of your country??

Comment

• Yao
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Even if that was the case, he should have known he'd get himself into trouble.
      If it is as FTC said however, the must face court martial, face his responsabilities and be convicted. Like I said before: sometimes gruesome acts can be understood, but never ever justified, no matter how contradictory this may sound.
      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• BSully828
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Re: U.S. to Probe Shooting of Wounded Iraqi

Another thing to keep in mind is the fact that this same Co. lost some of their men the day before because they came across a dead - or at least near death - fighter that had booby trapped his body. One of the soldiers went up to check the body and the IED went off taking out members of this same group that is in the video. This happened less than 24 hours before this, it's not a stretch to imagine that these troops had that memory fresh in their minds and they didn't want to lose any more in a similar situation, faking dead or not. That enemy could have pulled the pin and one grenade is all it would take to wipe out everyone on that floor, maybe even that building. That fighter could have been strapped to the gills with C4 and was just waiting for the right moment to set it off, we don't know and neither did that soldier - so he assessed the situation, took into account a very real threat and made the decision.

Like Yao said, it's tough to watch but I can understand why that soldier did what he did. I'm not saying he should win the medal of honor, but he shouldn't be punished either.
        Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;
        a sense of humor to console him for what he is.

Comment

• Yao
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

This proves to me the hypocrisy of 'Rules of engagement': it assumes that war can be regulated by rules. Forget it: in a real war the one that fights meanest and hardest will win, not the one obeing the rules.
          Every Western soldier is brought up by the rules, but outside UN, UN Security councel or NATO related countries there's no country abiding by these rules. And even within those organisations not every country does.

Compare it with a bar fight: you can do martial arts as much as you want, but if your opponent breaks a beer bottle and sticks it in your face, you lose. Period. I do martial arts, but I'd defenitely go for the bottle if that makes me win. Because fighting is only stylish and regulated in your dreams, not in reality. Out there it's ugly.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• robprunzit
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Maybe most of you havent heard some to the details of the situation in Iraq now. Since some of you dont broaden your perspective by finding info in places OTHER THAN the the NY Times, CNN, and the local media, you probably haven't heard what the insurgents are now doing, in hopes of killing Western troops.

Perfectly alive insurgents will lie on the road, pretending to be dead or hurt, then when the troops come by and attempt to give aid, (you probably never knew how many troops risk their lives to actually give aid to the enemy once the man is without his gun), then when a couple troops are close by, the insurgent either pulls out a gun and shoots them, or he simply blows up himself with a bomb which he triggered.

Now, insurgents take injured insurgents, plant a bomb on him, and since he will die anyway (and in Islam it is considered a good thing to die in a holy war) he blows himself up when the troops approach to check him or help him.

I would do the same thing the soldier did in the video. How can you trust a man who was just trying to kill you, and with the new game they are playing, why should they take the chance.

Sad, yes. War is hell! But since 14 out of 18 provinces in Iraq are now under complete peace and Iraqi control, hopefully with this new push this problem will intensify and then lessen itself faster with more insurgents dead.

check out http://boortz.com for a great site to help you see a different perspective if you are interested.
            AT THE FORK, TAKE THE RIGHT DIRECTION

www.myspace.com/robroyfamily

Comment

• Yao
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Boortz is pretty annoying, just venting his opinion (a very republican/conservative one).

This is not an unbiased news source, and therefore discarded for me to be used as one.
              It's funny to read into the mind of someone backing that shitty war to the fullest though. Gives me more ammo against it.

40 vails of Sarin gas? Ooh...they did have some. Now all they need is a few planes to fly over US or European soil and dump the shit on our heads.
              Theoretically this stuff could kill millions of people, in pratice it has already been proven that the efficay of it is only a few percents. Should look up where I found this, it's been a while...

This war has been going on for more than a year now, time enough to move the gas in from outside. Maybe it was to be used against the occupying forces. Who knows? Maybe it was already there and Saddam planned to use it on the Kurdian rebels in the North. He did gas them before, don't know if he used Sarin.
              It's being put down as a fact: Saddam had WMD's, they would be used against Western targets and therefore had to be removed form power.

I wish it were that simple...oversimplifying things can be really dangerous when it comes to informing people. It comes close to tunnelvision.

Comment

• runningman
                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                • Jun 2004

but you have to act now.. because waiting does nothing but have two planes fly into your bulding and war ship get bombed(we all saw what happened with Clinton).. just because you don't want to approach it doesn't mean it isn't out there.. Yes war is war.. and bad things happen in war.. they should just implememt a rule that you have to be naked to get help.. if not we will shoot you.. Making it to complicated will surely mean that nothing gets done.. you can't speak for the Iraqi people.. nobody can for about 8 years..when the wheels get moving and people can put saddam and the torture out of there heads.. they don't trust anyone and i don't blame them..

Comment

• Garrick
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by runningman
                  (we all saw what happened with Clinton)

please don't turn this into a president's fault discussion. we have enough of those going around and don't need anymore. it wasn't any one person's fault that created the 9/11 situation.
                  Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• runningman
                    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                    • Jun 2004

no the only point i was making that turning your back on the situation doesn't mean it will go away.. Out of sight out of mind theory.. the problem is that americans forget the quickest out of all the nations i read about..

Comment

• Garrick
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

i know

i just wanted to forewarn anyone before it happened... seeing how people like to open that topic more often than it should be.
                      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• robprunzit
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

Come on Garrick. No offense to you, but hear me out. Why is it a problem to lay blame where blame should lie. I happen to believe it would be different today if Clinton had not made the choices he did, and changes he made to our CIA and Mililtary. I have a relative who is in the army, and has been there for a while. He confirms what I had heard about the problems inside our armed forces after Clinton cut and dashed the military the way he did. Many simply left the service, or joined the guard, only to be proud to serve under Bush now

Bush only had 9 months in office when 9/11 happened. Will be a different story if it happens again next year. But even then, how do you stop something like that 100%. I'm just pointing out, Clinton balanced the budget with the cuts he made in our CIA and military. That helped and hurt us, and I think now, hurt us more.

The CIA man who just resigned a couple weeks ago had some pretty strong things to say against the 9/11 commission report, and how it did not lay any blame. I don't know his side or who he would blame by the way. I do remember it sounded like he was upset with the way things are in the CIA at this time. And before George Tennet (sp) stepped down, he said it would take 5 more years to get the CIA back up to speed. They needed time to rebuild what had been cut out.

If you like Clinton, fine. I like Bush, fine. Neither man is perfect. Both are pretty cool guys in their own way. Both have made mistakes. What I hate is the 'lack of responsibility' people live in today. That is our downfall. Out 21st century downfall. No personal responsibility.

And yes, you are right 'runningman', we are damned forgetful. Its just sad.

Comment

• neur0t0xin64
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

The simple fact remains that it is incredibly easy to talk the house of shit when you are not in the situation.

The guy is stressed, under fire, killing people. He probably hasn't slept, eaten, or bathed in who knows how long. And to top it off, his buddy gets killed in the same situtation the day before and he gets wounded in the face.
                          He could have shot a second prisoner and didn't. Why not? no one knows.

Just because you don't agree with the war or with the USA it's not a reason to focus so intently on finding American wrong doing. How many CIVILIANS have had their heads cut off by these pieces of shit? And everyone is bitching because they THINK the guy MAY have been unarmed? Give me a break. Fuck him!!! That Marine did what he had to do, right or wrong, it's not for us to judge. We are not in that situation and probably not capable of understanding it anyway.

How about the CARE worker?? She was killed the same day. She is an Iraqi who had been helping the iraqis through CARE for 30 years. They killed her too.

These people (insurgents and terrorists) are pigs. They deserve death and for their bodies to be powdered and buried with pigs shit! Taking prisoners only means that you have one more person to feed! shoot them all!
                          "In case of doubt, attack." --- Gen. George Patton

Comment

• robprunzit
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

Why in the HELL do we not hear about the Muslim world screaming about what the insurgents are doing?

The CARE worker, she was muslim, and one of them. She was there for a long time doing a 'good deed'. All they can scream about is a 'insurgent maniac killing machine towel heads', and not raise a finger in protest about this woman who was one of them.

Hypocrisy

The 'good' never has a voice in the world of media journalism. I'm sure there are some middle eastern muslims who would agree with me. I know there are good people over there, as well as, on all parts of the globe. We dont hear about it because the press chooses what we get to hear. That is someone (or something) to be angry with.

The media just sux! Especially Al-Jezerra, and its brothers CNN and NY Times.

Comment

• Garrick
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

robprunzit, haha... i never said i liked or disliked either candidate or party if you read my messages... just seems like every topic here leads to talking about which president is at fault. i didn't think this article had anything to do with that, yet people still get on the subject.

Comment

• superdave
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jun 2004

I think we should let this go to trial and let the soldier's account of what happened be heard. At this point, I'm willing to give the soldier the benefit of the doubt considering the tricks that the Iraqi insurgents are trying. Trying to put myself in the soldier's position, I wouldn't take any chances in losing my life in such a hostile environment either. But I agree that if he was killing without proper intent then he should be accountable for murder.

Even if it was a judgment call, I agree with Ice Cube's thinking -
                                "Better to be judged by 12 than buried by 6"
                                Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Working...