X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Micko
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Biosphere Substrata question

I own the gem that is Substrata by Biosphere. Is it worth buying again for "the man with a movie camera"?

Cheers
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: Biosphere Substrata question

i freaking love this album but have not heard the 2cd reissue. does this expand on the one part that has the guy speaking some stuff in russian? freaking love that part of the disc, i think its the best part of the album. if it is more of this i should try and find it.

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Been a while since I come across Biosphere. A long while.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Micko
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by res0nat0r
        i freaking love this album but have not heard the 2cd reissue. does this expand on the one part that has the guy speaking some stuff in russian? freaking love that part of the disc, i think its the best part of the album. if it is more of this i should try and find it.
        I have heard the 2nd CD described as "The second CD has much the same feel. But although ambient, it ditches the arctic landscape in favour of an urban one and there are more industrial hisses and textures to certain tracks. The final two tracks, taken from the Japanese version of 'Substrata', sound like Biosphere circa the 'Microgravity' era and are probably the best tracks on the second CD."

I think I've just convinced myself

Comment

• res0nat0r
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • May 2006

^^man that sounds sweet

Comment

• Micko
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by res0nat0r
            ^^man that sounds sweet
            Ain't that the truth. Sounds quite epic indeed

Comment

• Micko
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2004

"Man with a movie camera" just arrived.

Some great tracks here. I hope Biosphere returns to this formula sometime soon.

Comment

• dusk
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

^^^ Where did you pick up the reissue from? Is it only on the Japanese version?
                ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Micko
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by dusk
                  ^^^ Where did you pick up the reissue from? Is it only on the Japanese version?
                  I picked it up on ebay second hand for EUR 7 (It's in perfect condition). Goes for much dearer usually. I've been looking for this for only a month or 2 so I guess you'd easily find it second hand on ebay

It was re-released in 2001 by www.touchmusic.org.uk

Went to the website and it says the following:

"CDTwo - Man with a Movie Camera

contains 9 tracks, total length 53:32. The first 7 tracks consist of the soundtrack
                  to "Man with a Movie Camera" [Vertov, 1926, USSR], originally commissioned for the Tromsų International Film Festival in 1996, released here for the first time. The last 2 tracks, Endurium and The End of the Cyclone, were originally released on the limited edition Japanese version of Substrata in 1997 - they have never before been released outside Japan."

Comment

• dusk
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Aaah I see... ebay it its then... I need to add this to my collection. This of my favourite albums of all time. And imagine I didn't even know about the exclusive tracks on the Japanese release
                    ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

Working...