X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chanty
    John, John, where art thou!
    • Jun 2004

:( I got food poisoning..

I don't know if I can make it out to see Hernan tonight.
    I got food poisoning from a vegi roti last night, and was up at 3am 'till 5:30am back and forth on the toilet. I thought I would be ok today but it ain't happening. I've drank lot's of gatorade but can't eat anything yet.
    Now I'm starting to get stomach cramps, and I'm constantly burping.
    Anyone have any quick fixes I could try out. I'll be very sad if I can't go.
    Man, this sucks.
    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Re: I got food poisoning..

peppermint essential oil will deffo help settle your tummy

Comment

• chanty
      • Jun 2004

I have pepermint tea, so I'll try that! Thanks.
      Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• Miroslav
        WHOA I can change this!1!
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by chanty
        I don't know if I can make it out to see Hernan tonight.
        I got food poisoning from a vegi roti last night, and was up at 3am 'till 5:30am back and forth on the toilet. I thought I would be ok today but it ain't happening. I've drank lot's of gatorade but can't eat anything yet.
        Now I'm starting to get stomach cramps, and I'm constantly burping.
        Anyone have any quick fixes I could try out. I'll be very sad if I can't go.
        Man, this sucks.
        I had all of this recently...but in my case it was probably a stomach virus - could actually be the same for you. As far as I know, there isn't much to do except wait it out. It goes quick and you'll bounce back and feel as good as new in 24-48 hours - you definitely might still be able to make the show...but obviously you need to make sure you can eat and hold it down! Clubbing after no solid food for 24+ hours sounds like asking for trouble...

Sorry about the horrible timing...
        mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• chanty
          • Jun 2004

Thanks. It's most def food poisoning, as my bf was on the shitter a couple of hours after eating the roti. I've gone the pepto bismal route, so I'll see what happens!

Comment

• day_for_night
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

i'd tell you to take immodium, but the whole reason your body is keeping you on the toilet is to get rid of the food poisoning. unfortunately, anything you take to treat your symptoms will only delay you getting better. just keep hydrating, try eating some lightly buttered toast, and ride it out. hope you make it to hernan, but it doesnt sound promissing

Comment

• chanty
              • Jun 2004

No, it sure doesn't. I consider myself to have a strong stomach, but the cramps just keep on happening. Still can't get any food down, not even toast.
              I've got a couple of hours to see what happens, but it ain't looking to good.

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Charcoal pills?
                Diarrhea Diet
                In the meantime, you can certainly modify your diet. While you have
                diarrhea, avoid dairy, greasy, high-fiber, and sweet foods. If there is any improvement, add bland foods such as bananas, plain rice, boiled potatoes, toast, crackers, cooked carrots, and baked chicken without the skin or fat.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• bobjuice
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

sorry chanty to hear that - hope you make the gig (don't wear white if you do )
                  at the very least you should go to the place where you ate and tell them
                  what is a roti anyway?

Comment

• chanty
                    • Jun 2004

Thanks feather! I certainly can't make it to the pharmacy right now, and Justin has gone out of town for work.

I feel like I need to apologize to DIDI for being such a wimp. I really want to go, but I'll be stuck in a corner doubled over and running to the toilet every 10 minutes.

Comment

• chanty
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bobjuice
                      sorry chanty to hear that - hope you make the gig (don't wear white if you do )
                      at the very least you should go to the place where you ate and tell them
                      what is a roti anyway?
                      A roti is this..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roti

A wheat flour shell filled with curried meats or veggies.

Comment

• chanty
                        • Jun 2004

Well, I'm done. I'm in my pj's and on the couch. I'm now experiencing the shakes and shivers. Great.
                        Sorry Hernan, sorry DIDI!
                        Nighty night folks.

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

Do you guys have roti like wraps with fillings? Roti is very popular in Singapore, it's usually eaten on its own with curry. But there are variations of roti like roti with egg, roti wuth onions, and the most adventurous ones like roti with bananas, or cheese, or ice cream, and people eat it any time of the day, but very popular for breakfast and supper! Will be getting some of that when I visit home in April

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
                            I'm merely a humble butler
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by chanty
                            A roti is this..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roti

A wheat flour shell filled with curried meats or veggies.
                            lol, although that sounds good, the barf smiley made me lol because you're sick you are incapable of saying it politely...
                            Last edited by floridaorange; March 21, 2009, 12:30:49 AM.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• pipey
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Mar 2007

man thats so shit! i have had campylobacter once, it was worse than glandular fever...
                              Originally posted by Kamal
                              Thank you Dr. Needle for attending the balloon Party

Comment

Working...