Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

^^^ yeah, chaos, and jumping people and stabbing them and all that shit are two different things. you will lose this argument fella... you cant deny this genre of music has a fan base and a bunch of artists that cant control themselves.. how many times do you go to EDM shows and see brawls, and stabbings etc.... i havent seen one at any i have been too. but go to a hip hop club, and there are always poeple being thrown out for fighting. its not a black/white thing, it is an ignorance thing.

Comment

• Nigel Harkness
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unome
      ^^^ yeah, chaos, and jumping people and stabbing them and all that shit are two different things. you will lose this argument fella... you cant deny this genre of music has a fan base and a bunch of artists that cant control themselves.. how many times do you go to EDM shows and see brawls, and stabbings etc.... i havent seen one at any i have been too. but go to a hip hop club, and there are always poeple being thrown out for fighting. its not a black/white thing, it is an ignorance thing.

I second that notion.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

This is just another sad example of " You can take da homie out da hood, BUT you can't take da hood out of da homie." And I stand by all stereo types when people CONSTANTLY prove them right. F.F.S. Didn't they have a fight at last years award show too. I'd like to send a big shout out to Young Buck for keeping it real and stabbing the guy that punched Dre.

G G G G G G Unit.

Comment

• being clever
          Getting Somewhere
          • Sep 2004

WORD
          "He was always late on principle, his principle being that punctuality is the thief of time."

Comment

• being clever
            Getting Somewhere
            • Sep 2004

This may be a dead issue, but just so we're clear: I am not a racist in the least. BUT I love making fun of Ghetto language! It's no different from people making fun of Southern phrases (i.e. "ya'll" or "fixing to do something").

Now, I don't want to blame the Dre attack solely on Suge Night and the East/West Coast "beef" as seen in the past. I'm thinking that there are plenty of really talented rappers out right now. However, they're not noticed because of the shadow Eminem and his affiliates have caste over the industry. Dr. Dre was instrumental for Eminem's success, so in the eyes of a bitter rapper, Dre fucked him. A few years back when Master P was hot, one of the lesser members of the 9, now 8, Wu-Tang members attacked him at a club. Stupid! I'm noticing a trend of less successful rappers causing trouble; whereas, the more seasoned rappers fight with lyrics. For example, Tupac and Biggie, NAS and Jay Z, even Eminem and some nonamed clown from Source magazine rap about each other. If a rapper has an issue with someone, and can channel said issue through lyrics and create what some call "art," then way-to-go pal. However, the moment "violence is inherited in the system" kibosh that weird fucker and tell him he's no better than a purse-snatcher.
            "He was always late on principle, his principle being that punctuality is the thief of time."

Comment

• J-Shock
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unome
              I agree, but what i dont like is that just because this is a EDM message board, all Hip-Hop listeners are ignorant. Its insulting because i have been listening to hip hop since i have been a kid. But i see the outside perspective, doesnt mean i agree with it.

Also, Master P was real popular, but when you count records, Wu-Tang, collectively have outsold Master P as a solo artist. Plus MAster P had dissed the Wu in a song or a freestyle, i dont remember, that is why one of the wu members jumped him. I dont condone it, but dissing Wu-Tang will bring you heat. Plus Dr Dre is popular, but everyone in the industry knows that he doesnt do his own beats, he doesnt write his own rhymes, the only thing he is good at is telling people what to do.

The Tupac and Biggie beef also went to the streets. Tupac was stabbed and he said it was a friend of BIggie and Puffy. Then one of Biggies friend got jumped in LA by friends of Tupac.

Sure it is ignorance and the fact that most of these artists cant leave the streets and their ways behind, but saying that hip hop artists and their listeners are all ignorant is stereotyping. Its like saying all Englishmen are all footbal hooligans.
              Peace
              J-Shock

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

^^^ I never said ALL.. I dont stereotype, and i really try not to generalise, but when it constantly happens, it is difficult not to

I said the people with THAT mentality that cause these situations are ignorant.

I started out dj-ing at a hip hop/freestyle club back 1989.. main reason I got out of it back then was because of the way the clubs were being over run by the people with the thug mentality, out looking to get drunk and start fights. I still appreciate hip hop.. but hip hop or what the masses call hip hop today, is a far cry from what hip hop really is.

Thank you, for not taking my comments personally mate.. I enjoy having good discussions on topics like this. And you are right this is predominantly an EDM board.. but alot of us do appreciate other types of music. It is just situations like this keep putting a black (no pun intended) mark, on what used to be such a fun inspiring genre of music.

Comment

• being clever
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Sep 2004

Hip Hop is okay, but GANGSTER RAP SUCKS! I cannot believe this shit hasn't died already, and it's white suburbia that is keeping it going. Master P and Biggie...I cannot relate to having to sling crack and dodge bullets as a profession. Then making millions on a record deal, only to talk about how they used to rob people and break the law before the checks were coming in. Like J-Shock I used to listen to rap when I was in middle school, but once I reached the age of reason that shit had to go! Like an illness.

I would never suggest that Master P was cooler than the Wu, but it was like Masta Killa or Inspecta Deck that jumped P, not any of the more successful members. Probably because Method Man was bragging on his bank account to GZA and RZA while Ghostface was cleaning his Rolex, they weren't thinking about P. Hot Nickels isn't worried about the Ice-cream Man, he can't even complete a sentence without saying "uggghhh."

Sadly enough, Rap music does represent the beauty of America and free enterprise. Taking absolutely less than nothing and making money off of it. Damn the Rappers are straight stickin' it to the MAN!

Comment

• pilot
                    The World is my Playground
                    • Jul 2004

All I can say is you DO NOT want to screw around w/ Suge Knight and his crew. Look at 2pac. He is the last brotha I would mess around w/. I feel sorry for the fool that thought he could get away w/ this cause I guarentee that this isnt over.....
                    Bluewire Productions

Comment

Working...