Great comments in this thread, glad to see some serious discussion.
Want to be on welfare.... pass random drug tests
Collapse
X
-
Re: Want to be on welfare.... pass random drug tests
Great comments in this thread, glad to see some serious discussion.Originally posted by ShpiraSo came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by IlluminateLet me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
Am I close here? -
Re: Want to be on welfare.... pass random drug tests
I think i'm totally missing the point. I wonder what steve graham's opinion is.Comment
-
Re: Want to be on welfare.... pass random drug tests
^^^ you're missing the point
I have a really good job, I also partake in some "activities"
now, if I lost my job, I would have the sense to stop what I'm doing until I found a new job, OR if I knew I was to be drug tested while trying to receive unemployment, again, I would be able to stop.. if these people need drug treatment fair enough, I think this is more so targeting losers abusing the system using their benefit money or trading food stamps for cash to get high
in the mid to late 90's I was on probation for something I did that was very silly.. for 5 years I could have been randomly tested and put on house arrest or worse if I failed.. knowing the consequences, it wasnt very difficult for me to not do drugs
Comment
-
Re: Want to be on welfare.... pass random drug tests
positive & negative reinforcement 101
what a lot of these individuals do not have are people in their lives that care about them. accountability is needed for their path to recovery and normalcy.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Want to be on welfare.... pass random drug tests
^^^ you're missing the point
I have a really good job, I also partake in some "activities"
now, if I lost my job, I would have the sense to stop what I'm doing until I found a new job, OR if I knew I was to be drug tested while trying to receive unemployment, again, I would be able to stop.. if these people need drug treatment fair enough, I think this is more so targeting losers abusing the system using their benefit money or trading food stamps for cash to get high
in the mid to late 90's I was on probation for something I did that was very silly.. for 5 years I could have been randomly tested and put on house arrest or worse if I failed.. knowing the consequences, it wasnt very difficult for me to not do drugs
Comment
-
Re: Want to be on welfare.... pass random drug tests
you better bow down, lol
I'm not trying to come across as perfect, and I'm also far from heartless, but you have to admit there is a very high number of people that are abusing the welfare system because they are just LAZY
sure, loads of people stumble upon hard times and need help, but these benefits are and should be a privilege that come with stipulations.. if thats being heartless expecting people to clean themselves up and act responsible to receive government hand outs, then so be itComment
-
Re: Want to be on welfare.... pass random drug tests
^ I don't know if they are truely LAZY...but rather, the current system enables them in their ability to just sponge. I mean, I'm a hard worker, but hand me a free dinner or make me work for one, and I'll take the free one any day.It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.Comment
-
Re: Want to be on welfare.... pass random drug tests
There should be no such thing as a free dinner unless you grow or gather it yourself.sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
Re: Want to be on welfare.... pass random drug tests
I'm ok with incentives in the system to push drug users to kick their habits in exchange for assistance. And in the event that a person's addiction is very serious, I also hope that there are other programs they can turn to for assistance. I don't agree with just letting people starve, particularly if they're still at an initial phase of rehabilitation.
I also don't think addicts' children should be made to suffer, though. Hopefully the people who set these programs in place have enough sense to see through that and to make provisions for these kids...
And honestly, those kids should not be in homes under the care of heavy addicts. If the parents are serious and repeat offenders, then I'm afraid the only real option is to take those kids away into foster care or care of other family members. I don't know about it in detail, but I think that's basically what the system tries to do today in such cases.mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslavComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,513
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment