X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

China Calling for One World Currency

Well I hate to be the bearer of more bad news but now China thinks the US is broke(Not just me anymore). This is really bad for peace time. If China and Russia go ahead with this it will cause the next world war unless we see the US's real colors by siding with an anti human communist country for a new currency.

Initial reports are that Geitner/Obama is all for it.
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

Re: China Calling for One World Currency

Originally posted by runningman
    Well I hate to be the bearer of more bad news.
    oh come on, you love it.

Comment

• runningman
      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
      • Jun 2004

I really don't but when all I hear is bad news that is all I can say. I wish I could talk about a world gov't and think it won't be corrupt but looking how corrupt the US is I know a one world gov't will be a bad thing.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men

Comment

• Miroslav
        WHOA I can change this!1!
        • Apr 2006

We're not broke, and China does not think we're broke at this point - yet.

China is concerned that we're going to do the national equivalent of going broke, which is to significantly devalue our currency due to the large deficit spending we currently have planned.

And they have reason to be concerned, since they hold so much of their savings in US bonds. And their proposal is not necessarily a bad one. They want to redefine the reserve system for the world on a more diversified scale so that if one country goes down it doesn't take the whole world with it. It has some merit, and it may happen some day.

As far as it causing world war, I think that is highly speculative and not very supportable. War could arguably sooner break out for a number of more plausible reasons than this. One could even make the argument that a global currency could make it less likely for world war to break out.
        mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• runningman
          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
          • Jun 2004

People don't fight over money?

Comment

• Miroslav
            • Apr 2006

People don't fight over money?
            Some people maybe do; countries usually don't. Countries usually fight over the control of scarce resources.

Comment

• runningman
              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
              • Jun 2004

and money gets those resources.

The UN wants one as well.

Syndicated news and opinion website providing continuously updated headlines to top news and analysis sources.

Comment

• Miroslav
                • Apr 2006

and money gets those resources.
                Every nation can print as much money as it wants - exhibit A would be Zimbabwe, which has like 1 billion % annual inflation. The way you get your money to be worth anything in the first place is to back it up with resources that enable you to have real economic production. And you can't buy that productivity; you have to create it.

This gets at why the Japanese attacked the US back in late 1941 - for access to oil, not for our dollars.

Comment

• runningman
                  Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                  • Jun 2004

it isn't 1941 anymore.. wrong century.

Comment

• Miroslav
                    • Apr 2006

it isn't 1941 anymore.. wrong century.
                    oh ok...I guess this means this basic principle suddenly expired at the turn of the new century then, kinda like old milk in the fridge. My bad. Good catch there.

Comment

• runningman
                      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                      • Jun 2004

China doesn't have the natural resources so they have to depend on the Anglo-American connection.

I can't believe we are going to have a one world currency in hte coming months or years. To think the conspiracy theorists called this years and years ago. It is kind of weird.

Comment

• Miroslav
                        • Apr 2006

China doesn't have the natural resources so they have to depend on the Anglo-American connection.
                        It always boggles the imagination as to how you come up little "facts" such as these.

If China doesn't have natural resources, then why is it that the majority of the products in the Western world are made in China?

Yeah, those Chinese don't have the resources..that's why they're only the second or third largest economy on the planet, not to mention the fastest growing one for the past quarter of a century.

But I'm sure there's nothing I could say that could possibly negate your belief that you're "spot on"...as always...

Comment

• runningman
                          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                          • Jun 2004

Your sarcasm shows how much of a fool you really are.

Why did the Anglo-Americans go into Iraq??

Why do the Anglo-Americans want to go into Pakistan??

Why do the Anglo-Americans want to get into Sudan?

Natural Resources. As long as they control the natural resources they control China. Do you actually believe that the most corrrupt country on earth (the US) gives a shit about human rights in Sudan and how muslim men beat their wives in Pakistan?? The answer is a big fat NO. Hillary Clinton has made that very clear where Obama stands on human rights- IMO of course.

Comment

• Miroslav
                            • Apr 2006

Your sarcasm shows how much of a fool you really are.

Why did the Anglo-Americans go into Iraq??

Why do the Anglo-Americans want to go into Pakistan??

Why do the Anglo-Americans want to get into Sudan?

Natural Resources. As long as they control the natural resources they control China.
                            1. You JUST got done telling me that "this is not 1941...wrong century" when I pointed out that nations go to war over natural resources, not money. And now you just contradicted yourself and kicked your own ass, bro.

2. As of right now, America doesn't "control" the oil in the Middle East. If they did, then they would control the prices and who it is sold to. They don't. China can and does buy its own oil from the Middle East without "Anglo-American connections."

3. "Natural resources" covers a lot more than just OIL. And China has tons of natural resources and relatively cheap labor, which is why American firms started outsourcing lots of manufacturing and the majority of things that you buy say "made in China" on them.

4. As for all that rambling about "human rights"... No idea what your point is there, as no one around here has ever said anything about believing that America is in Iraq for "human rights"... Perhaps you're trying to deflect attention from your other statements? I sure don't know...

I'm probably done here for a while, because I already know where this is headed... I hope that if you call me big meanie names you'll at least get more creative this time!

Comment

• ddr
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

^ Why do you even try? He isn't going to read any of that you know.
                              "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

Working...