It is strange how so many people go to see headliners who tour frequently as oppose to some underground talent who might only play in the states during WMC.
Sasha & Digweed WMC pics
Collapse
X
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed WMC pics
It is strange how so many people go to see headliners who tour frequently as oppose to some underground talent who might only play in the states during WMC.Originally posted by ShpiraSo came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by IlluminateLet me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
Am I close here? -
Re: Sasha & Digweed WMC pics
The likes are Garcia haven't WMC'd it this year.sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed WMC pics
Yeah I was thinking of him in regards that comment but there are so many others Guy J, Naveen G, and Greg Benz, you know really great sets you hear from MS, but some of these guys only play LA or NYC.Originally posted by ShpiraSo came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by IlluminateLet me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
Am I close here?Comment
-
Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed WMC pics
besides diggers, the pawnshop's only real claim to fame were the sunday school for degenerates parties. its closed now anyway.. by saying that, yeah they had some good parties, but most of the dj's that played there also played elsewhereComment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed WMC pics
Every year I get so tired of getting ignored intentionally, 10 dollar beers, and all the posers. I gotta say this year was the worst for that. I really wish there was some other place they could move the conference to. The only place where you get decent service, prices is the Vagabond and it seems the image conscious types have learned about that venue too. Oh well, I'll probably forget all the bad stuff by next year again.Agreed 110%! I am not a fan at all anymore....I would rather be somewhere life Footwork in TO, where its kinda dark and not fancy smancy and all the people there are there because they love the music...that is what makes a night with a good vibe......its just a shame that the posers out there outnumber the true fans of the music so we have to put up with this crap if we want to see the DJ's we love"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin FranklinComment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed WMC pics
Unfortunately... well said.Agreed 110%! I am not a fan at all anymore....I would rather be somewhere life Footwork in TO, where its kinda dark and not fancy smancy and all the people there are there because they love the music...that is what makes a night with a good vibe......its just a shame that the posers out there outnumber the true fans of the music so we have to put up with this crap if we want to see the DJ's we love
Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed WMC pics
I have to say that you mentioning Diggers at the Pawn Shop stirs up all sorts of emotions for me. MS, Steve, music, atmosphere, that fruitcake of a dude on the door, a truck !? Need I go on?Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed WMC pics
if you're getting shit service, you're going to the wrong places mate. the only places in miami I feel like that are places like space or mansion, which is why I dont go there anymore. And the prices, no matter where wmc is, those drink prices wont change imoEvery year I get so tired of getting ignored intentionally, 10 dollar beers, and all the posers. I gotta say this year was the worst for that. I really wish there was some other place they could move the conference to. The only place where you get decent service, prices is the Vagabond and it seems the image conscious types have learned about that venue too. Oh well, I'll probably forget all the bad stuff by next year again.Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed WMC pics
Agreed 138%Agreed 110%! I am not a fan at all anymore....I would rather be somewhere life Footwork in TO, where its kinda dark and not fancy smancy and all the people there are there because they love the music...that is what makes a night with a good vibe......its just a shame that the posers out there outnumber the true fans of the music so we have to put up with this crap if we want to see the DJ's we loveComment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed WMC pics
I've never bothered going to Space and I don't expect anything special from Mansion but I'm not just talking about the clubs. But re: the clubs: I was standing at the bar at Bed and the bartender deliberately ignored me - he had no others waiting for a drink and he just continued to wipe down the bar directly in front of me. Some girls walked up, he serves them and then finds time to ask me what I want. Same BS at the pool at Shelborne, but I expected that there. Another night we went out then three of us decided to continue the night in downtown. We ended up at Studio K. I spoke with the door guy and he said that James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli were playing. The cover was 40/person. They took our money, tried to sell us a table, then 15 minutes later closed the place.
Here's something that gets me: Shine @ Shelborne was selling tickets ($50) to the Sasha event that were one entry only. But here's the kicker; Shine has no bathroom in the actual club - so to use the bathroom you have to leave.
I've never been to any other place that treats their visitors the way Miami does. Last year just before going to Digweed @ the Vagabond I decided that I would not go back the following year. The *only* thing that changed my mind was that night. Not only was Digweed's performance legendary but the place was true class. As I was leaving I pulled out a twenty and gave it to my server and told her how their club, service and night made the trip for me and made up for all the crap I had to deal with.
It takes me ~ 8 hours of flying, $400+ for the flight, $3000 for the room, and on average each of us is spending about $200/day. I'm not asking to be treated like a VIP, but decent treatment would be nice.
That auto gratuity thing gets me too. If I go in the future and I get shit service, I'm subtracting from that amount and I suggest everyone else do it too."They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin FranklinComment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed WMC pics
brah, working women is very similar to working the barkeep. protip: always have your money out showing, that makes anyone at a bar move quick. don't forget, try to avoid using a CC at a bar, you're going to be paying big bills if the barkeeps fuck up. (on second hand, if you don't open a tab with a cc, just pay it all on one slot, and you can tip whatever you want off that first round).I've never bothered going to Space and I don't expect anything special from Mansion but I'm not just talking about the clubs. But re: the clubs: I was standing at the bar at Bed and the bartender deliberately ignored me - he had no others waiting for a drink and he just continued to wipe down the bar directly in front of me. Some girls walked up, he serves them and then finds time to ask me what I want. Same BS at the pool at Shelborne, but I expected that there. Another night we went out then three of us decided to continue the night in downtown. We ended up at Studio K. I spoke with the door guy and he said that James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli were playing. The cover was 40/person. They took our money, tried to sell us a table, then 15 minutes later closed the place.
Here's something that gets me: Shine @ Shelborne was selling tickets ($50) to the Sasha event that were one entry only. But here's the kicker; Shine has no bathroom in the actual club - so to use the bathroom you have to leave.
I've never been to any other place that treats their visitors the way Miami does. Last year just before going to Digweed @ the Vagabond I decided that I would not go back the following year. The *only* thing that changed my mind was that night. Not only was Digweed's performance legendary but the place was true class. As I was leaving I pulled out a twenty and gave it to my server and told her how their club, service and night made the trip for me and made up for all the crap I had to deal with.
It takes me ~ 8 hours of flying, $400+ for the flight, $3000 for the room, and on average each of us is spending about $200/day. I'm not asking to be treated like a VIP, but decent treatment would be nice.
That auto gratuity thing gets me too. If I go in the future and I get shit service, I'm subtracting from that amount and I suggest everyone else do it too.
Also, learn how to pre-party. get a lil' tipsy before you head out. you'll save tons of money this way. scope out the free parties, too. there are PLENTY of them.
you'll save at least 200 on food if you stick to eating sammiches. maybe a nice meal is good here and there though. but eating out 3+ meals a day is ultra expensive.
second, you paid too much for the room. next year, I recommend getting a time share or something close by. even if it's a short cab ride away, it'll be worth it.
the real people down there do not spend like high rollers.Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed WMC pics
That shine thing is taking the mick - so what did people do for comfort breaks ?
Shine has no bathroom in the actual club - so to use the bathroom you have to leave.
It takes me ~ 8 hours of flying, $400+ for the flight, $3000 for the room, and on average each of us is spending about $200/day. I'm not asking to be treated like a VIP, but decent treatment would be nice.
Based on the money you've laid out I'd say ibiza would be a new and far better experience for you
sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed WMC pics
No idea. I suspect most of the people going there were guests and had the bracelets for re-entry. I never talked to anyone who bought a ticket at the door to see what they were doing. I only actually attended one event at Shine even though they had great line-ups this year. Unfortunately they're nights conflicted with other events I wanted to attend."They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin FranklinComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,212
Posts: 1,238,528
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment