Clear All
  • slimmpickens
    Getting warmed up
    • Aug 2008

04 April 2009 | Guy J | Vision | Chicago

Saturday, April 4th, 2009
    Vision presents:

| GUY J |

After setting the scene alight with numerous killer singles, Israeli producer Guy J releases his hotly anticipated full-length artist album with label heavyweights, BEDROCK Records.

Guy J has emerged over the course of the last two years to represent an intrinsic part of the Israeli dance music juggernaut that has been steadily powering through clubland in recent times. Along with fellow countrymen Guy Gerber, Shlomi Aber, Chaim and Gel Abril, Guy has been at the forefront of a movement back towards the melody-rich sounds on which house music is based.

Guy's productions, with their driving beats, shimmering synths and journey-like qualities, embody characteristics from all manner of house music. Guy states "I didnt set out to write an album - I just wrote tracks when I was in different moods, hence each track having different types of genres, different influences." He adds, "This is the album I wanted to make... it has a warm sound... it's very sexy and really tells a story."

On this, his debut artist album, Guy fully exploits the opportunity to explore the length and breadth of his cerative capacity. Alongside the dancefloor-oriented cuts on which he has built his reputation, Guy straddles moods of ambient, techno, and electronica whilst constantly maintaining a melodic and highly emotive core. Anyone who appreciated the majesty of Nathan Fake's "Drowning in a Sea of Love" will instantly feel at home with "Esperanza", as would fans of the Kompakt or Border Community sound where the focus is first and foremost on musicality.

Hernan Cattaneo, Sasha and Tiga are among Guy's many supporters, thanks to his consistently releasing sterling tracks.In support of the album, the three singles "Under Pressure", "Geko" and "Mirko" are all being released through Bedrock Records in the coming weeks and months.

What is, without question, is that Guy has managed to produce an album that is brimming with soul, a feat which an artist can toil for an entire lifetime hoping to achieve.

GUY J [guyj-music.com]
    Wahi
    Gerrit Lewis

VISION PENTHOUSE:

TRANCEGRESSIVE VIBES

A night of melodic and uplifting beats, hosted by DJ Row.

DJ Line-up for the evening:

Row vs RJ Pickens
    Mario Florek vs Paul Universe
    Zizala

Presale tickets: wantickets.com/vision

More info and reduced-admission RSVP: visionnightclub.com

VISION
    632 N Dearborn
    Chicago
    10pm - 5am
    21 + over

See you on the dancefloor!