X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

$10 Trillion and Counting

This is a really solid account imo of the past 10 years - today depicting what is now needed from the government after the largest tax cutting presidency in our nation has ended. PBS includes footage of an undisclosed location where TBills are bought and sold to other countries and our national debt is tallied on a daily basis. The program really puts things into perspective in case anyone still needs it and I think you will enjoy it. cheers

Tracing the politics behind America's huge mountain of debt, the threat it presents, and how we get out of it...

It was fun while it lasted...
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

Re: $10 Trillion and Counting

watched it last night online. With what Obama is planning to spend it is only going to get worse considering his bill is almost past with the trillions in spending.

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

^^hey, none of us are excited about dropping billions upon billions of taxpayer dollars we don't have into saving this economy. For all the doom-saying you offer, though, I have yet to hear you propose an alternative. What say you?

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

But you sure do come to Obama's aid when someone talks against it.

cut the government in half. If you are going to give trillions away give it back to the American people and divide it up evenly. Halt spending. Pretty simple. It is like having a business that is in the red, you cut back and stop spending. Give everyone a check for $3000-$4000 so they can help pay for their house and energy for the year to weather the storm. But don't give it to the fat cats. That is for sure. Let things fail. That is how free market capitalism works. The good assets will be bought and we will keep on rolling. Many a fortunes can be made from bankruptcy.

Health care does need to be reformed though but Obama hasn't told you the truth yet about how he will get the money for the health care reform. It will come from taxing the US. That is how Canada pays for its health care. Canada's taxes are really high because of the Universal Health Care.

I would definitely not spend more then Bush did that is for sure.

Comment

• Miroslav
          WHOA I can change this!1!
          • Apr 2006

^^ ah yes...the "crash the plane into the ground" approach. Simple and brutally effective.
          mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Jenks
            I'm kind of a big deal.
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Miroslav
            ^^ ah yes...the "crash the plane into the ground" approach. Simple and brutally effective.

Your sarcasm has been on point the past few months Miro. Props.

Comment

• Shpira
              Angry Boy Child
              • Oct 2006

Yeah I don't really agree with letting the market work on its own. Its common sense that those with money will be able to exploit it and use it for the advantage of the few at the expense of the many. Thats kinda whats happening right now...although they took it too far and now I am not sure if anyone is making money...in addition if Runningman's suggestion was followed shit like this would happen a lot more often.
              The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
              Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• runningman
                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                • Jun 2004

No it wouldn't^^ Your guys way will completely crash the US economy. You still don't understand that YOU DON"T HAVE ANY MONEY

I find it funny that free market capital isn't the way to go coming from a bunch of Americans. This isn't softening the blow it is only prolonging it and dragging it out. Nothing about this is going to help in the long hall and you have used all your ammo on this spending plan. You won't be prepared for the next waves (ie. commercial real estate bubble). Retail is dead. Then what? Where is the magic money going to come from Russia and China have just told you to stick it in your ear where they want a new currency. Even Europe isn't fully behind all of this.

Inflation is really going to kick your ass on top of the obama spending taxes that he will impose. So I don't see it at all your guys way.

Comment

• Shpira
                  Angry Boy Child
                  • Oct 2006

I am not an American and I don't really believe in capitalism.
                  The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                  Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Miroslav
                    WHOA I can change this!1!
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by runningman
                    No it wouldn't^^ Your guys way will completely crash the US economy. You still don't understand that YOU DON"T HAVE ANY MONEY

I find it funny that free market capital isn't the way to go coming from a bunch of Americans. This isn't softening the blow it is only prolonging it and dragging it out. Nothing about this is going to help in the long hall and you have used all your ammo on this spending plan. You won't be prepared for the next waves (ie. commercial real estate bubble). Retail is dead. Then what? Where is the magic money going to come from Russia and China have just told you to stick it in your ear where they want a new currency. Even Europe isn't fully behind all of this.

Inflation is really going to kick your ass on top of the obama spending taxes that he will impose. So I don't see it at all your guys way.
                    For the record...you're not necessarily wrong in the risks you point out about spending too much. If we spend over our heads and can't keep up, then yes, the consequences will be very bad.

My point is just that there is a range of scenarios here where too much spending is very bad...and too little spending is also very bad. Like most things in life, the truth is somewhere in the middle.
                    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

Working...