Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

Obama Looking to Expand Bush Dictator Powers to Control the Net in Emergency

Wow Obama is really going for it. He can shut the net down and overtake it while going into everyones personal accounts.

A new bill would give the President emergency authority to halt web traffic and access private data.

This probably means the next terrorist attack will be on the net since Rockie is involed.
  • ddr
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Obama Expands Bush Dictator Powers to Control the Net in Emergency

your choice for titles mesmerize me.

if you even bothered to read ANY (even the first paragraph) you would of read that its not Obama that is introducing the bill it is 2 SENATORS.

READ:

Should President Obama have the power to shut down domestic Internet traffic during a state of emergency? Senators John Rockefeller (D-W. Va.) and Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) think so. On Wednesday they introduced a bill to establish the Office of the National Cybersecurity Advisor—an arm of the executive branch that would have vast power to monitor and control Internet traffic to protect against threats to critical cyber infrastructure.
    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• runningman
      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
      • Jun 2004

so he has nothing to do with?? He will have more power. That makes him a part of it. Jeez.. Bush didn't introduce the Patriot act.

Comment

• Shpira
        Angry Boy Child
        • Oct 2006

I have to say thats pretty extreme and rather worrying...who cares who is introducing it...its fucking scary IMO
        The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
        Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• ddr
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by runningman
          so he has nothing to do with?? He will have more power. That makes him a part of it. Jeez..
          yes he will... IF it passes.

your title and description in the first post made it sound like Obama is the one that is introducing it, and he isnt. that is all i am saying.

as far as him having this kind of power, i think it is rather retarded. reminds me a lot of the early bush days and the patriot act.. bunch of crap that was.

these two senators are morons, thats for sure.
          "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

Re: Obama Looking to Expand Bush Dictator Powers to Control the Net in Emergency

This does bother me, actually. If there's a silver lining, though, it's that there's actually a law being passed to extend these powers to the president through, you know, a constitutionally-authorized process. One recent president would have just said, "Fuck it, I'm the president and can do whatever I please."

Definitely hoping the powers are contracted and the circumstances under which they can be used clarified before a final version is presented (should it make it that far), though...

Comment

• Shpira
              Angry Boy Child
              • Oct 2006

Re: Obama Looking to Expand Bush Dictator Powers to Control the Net in Emergency

The fact that Rockefeller is one of the senators introducing it is even more worrying really...I seriously hate to say it but it actually fits with the predictions in Zeitgeist...not saying I believe it, just saying it fits.
              The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
              Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• floridaorange
                I'm merely a humble butler
                • Dec 2005

^you're serious?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Shpira
                  Angry Boy Child
                  • Oct 2006

lol...I said I don't believe it...but it does fit. hehe you are too jumpy man...relax or are you looking to label me as a nut? I was pointing that out because its blatantly going to be used in the next film dealing with the same/simmilar subject.
                  The Idiots ARE Winning.

Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

Working...