X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

GM Going Bankrupt

If this happens the whole region where I live in will completely implode. Michigan and Lower Ontario will take extrememly damaging blows. I am so glad that we gave all the money to the bankers.
    Last edited by runningman; April 8, 2009, 03:34:10 AM.
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: GM Going Bankrupt

Non-sarcastic, genuinely curious question: Would GM be able to figure out how to become more viable and restructure accordingly without filing for bankruptcy? I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of how the process works. If the answer is no, then would there be any other alternative? They aren't viable as is, so they obviously have to do something.
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• ddr
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

I am really glad that everything Miroslav said regarding the differences between the banking industry and the US automobile industry went in one ear and out the other, in your case. There really is no hope for you is there?

The unions have had a strangle hold on the US auto industry for decades, they need to either be abolished or need some serious re-organization.
      "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• FM
        Wooooooo!
        • Jun 2004

More and more companies are in trouble everyday.

Apparently no one saved for a rainy day.

Found out today Blockbuster is in danger of maybe filing Chapter 11.
        FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
        "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
        Facebook!
        A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• Shpira
          Angry Boy Child
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by MJDub
          Non-sarcastic, genuinely curious question: Would GM be able to figure out how to become more viable and restructure accordingly without filing for bankruptcy? I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of how the process works. If the answer is no, then would there be any other alternative? They aren't viable as is, so they obviously have to do something.
          Only if someone was willing to lend them the money with really low interest or if someone bought the company along with all its debts...both fairly unlikely.
          The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
          Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by FM
            More and more companies are in trouble everyday.

Apparently no one saved for a rainy day.

Found out today Blockbuster is in danger of maybe filing Chapter 11.
            Yeah, but Blockbuster having trouble wouldn't have surprised me in any economic climate. The business model for successful video rentals is moving towards on-demand delivery. If I wanted to watch a movie, I would probably do it in this order:

1. Check and see if it is in Netflix's on-demand lineup
            2. Check iTunes to see if it is available for rent
            3. Check DirecTV do see if it is available on-demand or PPV
            4. Check hulu.com

In the unlikely event that it wasn't available through one of those means, I don't know that it would even occur to me to actually go to a Blockbuster or similar store and rent the movie -- I know it hasn't for many years. I'd probably just go without, or, if it was something I really wanted to see, check the torrent sites and wait an hour or two. I know they've moved to something more akin to Netflix as well, but the stores that put Blockbuster on the map are a dying breed, IMO.

Comment

• Miroslav
              WHOA I can change this!1!
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by runningman
              If this happens the whole region where I live in will completely implode. Michigan and Lower Ontario will take extrememly damaging blows. I am so glad that we gave all the money to the bankers.
              Didn't you just get done recently saying that we should let things fail?

And btw...we also gave a shitload of taxpayers' money to GM. And they'll probably get more, too.
              mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• runningman
                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                • Jun 2004

I am all for letting things fail don't get me wrong. But with the bank robbery that is going on with the banks I feel it is an open check book.

Either let them all fail and go bankrupt or bail them out.

Comment

Working...