• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shiva
    MCast Mistress
    • Nov 2007

Re: Femme on decks

Use you post to promote my album??

Dude...do you think i need YOU topromote my album??

Seriously man, get back down to earth. I case you dont know I have profiles and groups with double the number of active members of [MS] all put together...so haziel, for me ur just a grain of sand of all the deserts combined... please re-dimention urself

Comment

• Shiva
      MCast Mistress
      • Nov 2007

This thread is making me too nervous, so I am out for here for now.

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Shiva

Seriously man, get back down to earth. I case you dont know I have profiles and groups with double the number of active members of [MS] all put together...so zahiel, for me ur just a grain of sand of all the deserts combined... please re-dimention urself

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Haziel
          Likes a finger upthere
          • Jan 2007

Seriously man, get back down to earth. I case you dont know I have profiles and groups with double the number of active members of [MS] all put together...so zahiel, for me ur just a grain of sand of all the deserts combined... please re-dimention urself
          Well first of all it would be nice if you would answer my previous question not just go by the tangent, Do you think a dj's success is based on the amount of people the dj spins for??

I think I have to believe at this point you're just continuing all this because you're bored or you have a big ego problem + you hormones due to your current condition are probably altering your brainwork so Just let it go Shiva, as I can't imagine any sane person actually believing the utter nonsense you continue to post.

Comment

• Shiva
            MCast Mistress
            • Nov 2007

edit: deleted
            Last edited by Shiva; April 21, 2009, 01:15:02 PM.

Comment

• Haziel
              Likes a finger upthere
              • Jan 2007

by this time Shiva is doing tons of ninja edits, which I think is fine because is very human to make mistakes . I do them to

And yes Haziel, when a dj plays for 50.000 is something totally different than playing for 50 ppl...and this regardless of my current state of mind.
              That's obvious is very much different, I think the botton line is that we obviously have different concepts of success .

btw Shiva I'm a warm up dj which I absolutely adore , and my numbers go as low as many persons humbleness.

Comment

• chloe harris
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

right - gonna try to actually talk about djs now.

the last few girls i have heard ...

anja schnieder = i really love her music she makes. she puts together some incredible symphonic sounds with hypnotic techno. i've listened to many of her sets, i think im going on about 12 now. at first she didn't have too much control over what she was doing, but now she is really getting the hang out it. i respect her a lot and think highly of her musical talents.

miss nine = i've heard a few other of her sets and she plays really funky vocally girly music. i know she has to deal with a lot of people doing the model dj thing, but she has to work hard to prove her worth, just as all of us, maybe even more. i've never seen her try to look overly gamourized (except her photos but we all should be able to have fun !!!) and i know she puts all her efforts in.

estroe - she is maybe not as well known as some other girls but she's amazing. she's working on an album right now and its going to be really exciting. lots of different styles and sounds and some amazing collabs!! .. she has worked very hard and is one hell of a dj, so if you can find mixes of hers.. i recommend them.

heidi - everyone had thier wtf moments and doubts when heidi was chosen for pete tongs new show... but why? she has done just as much, poss even more for this (un)thriving dance music world. she's worked in record stores since she was a tiny girl and has continued doing so well into her 30s. why can't people be amazed and proud of her is confusing to me. maybe she's not the best beat matching dj, but who cares, niether is craig richards.

sasha le monnier - she is incredible. this girl works so fucking hard, makes music and has like 300 alias lol, and is a dj delight.

cassy - who hasn't heard her rock it lately? seriously. groovy ass tech house shizzle.

mieka du franx - this girl has always stuck by her guns rolling out clever and groove inducing west coast style tech house. her sets are awesome and the music she makes sounds bass heavy on the floor.

so there you go... thats nothing about what they look like and what they are like as djs and producers.
                Last edited by chloe harris; April 22, 2009, 04:42:27 PM.
                pillow humping rules.

Comment

• Shiva
                  MCast Mistress
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Haziel
                  by this time Shiva is doing tons of ninja edits, which I think is fine because is very human to make mistakes .

Btw Shiva I'm a warm up dj which I absolutely adore , and my numbers go as low as many persons humbleness.
                  I cant do as many karate edits as i want , and thats not of ur business.
                  And the fact you are a warmup dj might explain why you dont see a diference between and audience of 50 or 50.000. But thats fine.

Edit: deleted
                  Last edited by Shiva; April 20, 2009, 03:40:35 PM.

Comment

• Haziel
                    Likes a finger upthere
                    • Jan 2007

I cant do as many karate edits as i want , and thats not of ur business.
                    And the fact you are a warmup dj might explain why you dont see a diference between and audience of 50 or 50.000. But thats fine.
                    Of course it feels different thats obvious , we are talking about success here not what the dj feels inside while he or she is spinning.

The fact of the matter is that you're ignoring a very simple legitimate question posed to you because you can't respond to it in an intelligent manner. The only one here who doesn't appear to see that is you.

psst psst advice : make a thread about your record label issues ... this one is about another subject not your record label ...nobody cares.

Comment

• simonr
                      Transitionator
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Haziel
                      Of course it feels different thats obvious , we are talking about success here not what the dj feels inside while he or she is spinning.

The fact of the matter is that you're ignoring a very simple legitimate question posed to you because you can't respond to it in an intelligent manner. The only one here who doesn't appear to see that is you.

psst psst advice : make a thread about your record label issues ... this one is about another subject not your record label ...nobody cares.
                      Seems a bit strong .. + you don't speak for all of us, actually I rather do care
                      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• dusk
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chloe harris
                        right - gonna try to actually talk about djs now.

cassy - who hasn't heard her rock it lately? seriously. groovy ass tech house shizzle.
                        Heard a set lately and was really impressed. Other than I've heard miss nine's wmc set and thought that was pretty good stuff.. haven't heard any other sets from her but I'll be on the look out.

And yes Shiva, sounds like you are going through a rough time.... hope that things get better for you.
                        ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Miroslav
                          WHOA I can change this!1!
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by DIDI
                          I would say the majority of female Djs don't market themselves this way. I would say there are in fact very few,but they certainly monopolise the discussions ! Every single discussion everywhere does turn into a discussion about their looks. Perhaps you have it the wrong a way around, some women have decided to capitalize on this fact . Usually the women that do this aren't trying to have it both ways, they are happy to use their looks. The women who DON'T do it shouldn't be branded by those who do. Just once it would be so nice to see a discussion about a female Dj that didn't get degenerate into anything more than her musical abilities

Unfortunately there are female Djs who participate in these discussions the same way.

Which is why i see femmes on decks more as a support group.

So we choose to see the photo above as an example of female Dj marketing????? I see it as a example of one persons marketing.
                          ok ok...I don't disagree with you. It is a shame when legitimate female DJs are denied respect for the actions of others. All I'm saying is...if you look through the photos on that group, you will see more than just that Nikki Bellucci chick who end up somewhere between DJ and Maxim magazine centerfold - and no guy is forcing them to do that. Also don't get me wrong, I'm not here to tell women how they should dress or undress - hell, it's your body and your life. All I'm saying is that there are consequences to that in terms of the kind of perception and attention that it attracts from men.

But yes, it's a shame when it spills over and impacts women who don't choose to do that. And there are female DJs who don't market themselves that way and who are good - and who get respect. Take Magda, for instance. The woman could pose in lingerie with the dj cord wrapped around her crotch, if she wanted to - hell, she's attractive enough... but she chooses not to. And she headlines big parties on every continent. No one doubts that she's a real DJ.
                          mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Miroslav
                            WHOA I can change this!1!
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by chloe harris
                            very true on this one. I'd run to see her play.

Have you ever heard of a DJ named Suz? She's from Canada and has released a few things on labels like Minibar and Archipel...her style is more of deep tech house. One of her sets never leaves my ipod. For any interested, here it is - her modifyer podcast set (think it was also on fwd.dj):

01. Tom Ellis - AKA ft Suz [CDR] 02. Leif - Ohnh [Fear of Flying] 03. Von Haugwitz - The Other Man [Seta] 04. Loco Dice - How Do I Know [Desolat] 05. Christian Burkhardt - Doubledub [Raum] 06. Ri

SO good...

and be sure to read her thoughts about it, too:
                            mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Miroslav
                              ok ok...I don't disagree with you. It is a shame when legitimate female DJs are denied respect for the actions of others. All I'm saying is...if you look through the photos on that group, you will see more than just that Nikki Bellucci chick who end up somewhere between DJ and Maxim magazine centerfold - and no guy is forcing them to do that. Also don't get me wrong, I'm not here to tell women how they should dress or undress - hell, it's your body and your life. All I'm saying is that there are consequences to that in terms of the kind of perception and attention that it attracts from men.

But yes, it's a shame when it spills over and impacts women who don't choose to do that. And there are female DJs who don't market themselves that way and who are good - and who get respect. Take Magda, for instance. The woman could pose in lingerie with the dj cord wrapped around her crotch, if she wanted to - hell, she's attractive enough... but she chooses not to. And she headlines big parties on every continent. No one doubts that she's a real DJ.
                              I have to say I don't really have a problem with women or men [Girls, check out Jerome Isma Ae's myspace ] using whatever assets they have to get ahead. It's their choice. Although I think playing topless etc is really a bit silly.

What I don't like is the fact that a lot of people use the women that do this as representative of the rest. Thinking about it, I agree with feather than it is pretty natural for men to check out women in any circumstance . It is actually one of the basic differences between male and female sexuality.
                              I also agree with Haziel [well it had to happen some time ] success is definitely not measured by numbers!!.

Shiva , No matter what you feel Kintar has done to you, it really isn't something that should be aired on a public forum . It is something you should be taking up with Kintar personally where you both have the opportunity to have your say without the very inevitable consequences of public forums. ! Most definitely no one here has targeted you !!

Chloe. Great post !! will have to check those Djs out
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Shiva
                                MCast Mistress
                                • Nov 2007

@ Haziel: I might have missed your famous smart-to-be question that I am unable to answer in an intelligent matter, they are so many questions thet were asked, could you pleae re-ask the question; and make sure that I will answer it to you. I am not escaping any question I am being asked, i don't run away from questions....and please try not to insult my intelligence while doing that, school boy.

So please, could you repeat your question? what was your question again??

Now If I offended anyone on this thread, I apologize again, I didn't mean anything hamrful towards nobody, I was totally out of myself and very aggressive (which I am rarely in that state of mind).....so please accept my apology.
                                Last edited by Shiva; April 20, 2009, 06:12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...