Fox News (Greta Van Susteren) interviews Karl Rove tonight..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CactusBeats
    Addiction started
    • Mar 2008

Fox News (Greta Van Susteren) interviews Karl Rove tonight..

Thursday, April 9
    • Karl Rove on whether apologizing for America's past helps us or hurts us

I am not a regular Fox News viewer, but was watching a bit last night and saw this ad. Now what struck me as odd about a Karl Rove interview was that if Karl Rove was going to actually agree to be interviewed "openly" on the air, then it could not and would not be with an objective interviewer who asks the tough questions. If Greta sticks to the topic then obviously no tough questions will be asked. My point here is that knowing that Rove wouldn't agree to be interviewed by an objective interviewer, doesn't this just further tarnish Fox News Channel's image by having him interviewed? Or is it that Fox just doesn't care anymore about their image, or about objectivity? Or maybe they already know that their image/reputation couldn't get any worse no matter what they do? News in Fox's case only involves preaching to and placating a certain end of the political spectrum -> it's all just spin built to please.

What little I know of Van Susteren is that she is a bit more respected than some of the other Fox "journalists," but that with this interview, she must have already agreed to treat Rove with kid gloves before the interview even happens.

For all I know, Rove makes regular appearances on the Noise channel already. I just can't believe that they even call half of what they broadcast as "news" anyway. What I saw last night was nauseating (minus the pretty host). Actually, the pretty host just makes it creepier.
    I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Mahatma Gandhi
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Re: Fox News (Greta Van Susteren) interviews Karl Rove tonight..

Rove is a regular on FNC, as far as I know. I don't know that it really matters anymore, honestly. The cat is out of the bag on Fox being the quasi-official media arm of the Republican party -- those that want that watch it, and those that don't, don't. I don't know of anyone that views it as an objective source of actual news. The fact that they aren't fooling anyone anymore helps to blunt some of their impact, IMO.

The TalkRight political channel on Sirius was changed to Fox News Talk or something like that a couple of years ago. Notwithstanding that they've still kept the ridiculous "fair and balanced" label, I don't think they are even trying to pretend to be objective any more.

Comment

• MJDub
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

I was in New York a couple of weeks ago and was SO tempted to go moon that stupid morning show they have.
      http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Garrick
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

i don't watch any news channel.... but to be fair, most news channels are beligerently biased. thats really why i don't bother watching them.
        Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• runningman
          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
          • Jun 2004

exactly the game is rigged^^^

all high profile interviews are setup. like when Obama did an open house in France and got questions from only americans. Not one french person spoke.

Comment

Working...