X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilsensa
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Serato Label Help

I wasn't sure which forum to put this in...Redirect if needed....

Ok. I am a freaking moron when it comes to this kind of shit, but I am trying to make the Mercury particle or atom logo into a label for my Serato Vinyl... I cannot seem to correct the pixelation problem when I enlarge the ball to 4" across.... Can anyone shoot me in the right direction as to how to do this?

I want to cover up that ugly ass Serato label on the control vinyl with the Mercury logo.

Example:

The cartoon would go where the white label is on the vinyl...I want to do the exact same thing, but with the Mercury ball logo.
    RIP ~ Steve James

• scifi pi
    Addiction started
    • Oct 2004

Re: Serato Label Help

if your getting the mercury server particle ball from the web, it will be too small and lores to blow up to a 4" hires image for a decent quality print. You will need to get it to at least 225 dpi at 4 inches. Even with OnOne's Genuine Fractals enlarging plugin for Photoshop. The biggest I could get with the the least amount of pixelation was 1.5" for business card print use which took quite a bit of post effects and filtering in Photoshop too look somewhat decent.

Comment

• lilsensa
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Hmmm..Yeah, might not be possible. Cool idea though.
      RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• jeffrey collins
        Not cool enough
        • Jun 2004

just get in touch with Dom, he's gotta have it since he's the one always doing the MS imagery.
        Jeffrey Collins: Painter
        My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
        My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by lilsensa
          I am trying to make the Mercury particle or atom logo into a label for my Serato Vinyl
          That sounds wicked. Hope you get the image.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• lilsensa
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Thanks. Yeah, hoping to someday do this.
            RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• scifi pi
              Addiction started
              • Oct 2004

Good luck. It seems that everything created for mercury server was for web-use only. The thought of hires and for print use seemed to never come about from the beginning of [ms]. I've asked multiple times from Kamal and TomTom with no luck. And when Jibs was around, I offered free business cards to all the admins and mcast DJ's for WMC. The only takers were Jibs and Hafid aka the Light.

If you want, send me the measurement specs for the label and I will give it a try with the mercury particle artwork that I used for Jibs business card. If I can't get the size, I will do a variant with matching coloration, font selection, etc. and add whatever custom text you want like "Property of..." or whatever you desire. Shoot me an email or PM.

Comment

• lilsensa
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Thanks Sci. I think Dom is looking into it for me.Thanks though dude!
                RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

So did you get the logo in hi-res? Would be useful for the tshirts we're talking about.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                  a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                  Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                  Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...