Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Now We Know How Colbert Got Invited to the White House Correspondent's Dinner

Remember back in 2006 when Stephen Colbert was, for some bizarre reason, asked to be a speaker at the annual White House Correspondent's Dinner? Also, remember where he accepted that invitation and proceeded to sit 15 feet from President Bush, delivering a scathing satire of the president himself and the press corps that followed him?

I was curious then why anyone that had ever seen Colbert's work would ask him to speak at such a function. Now, we know -- conservatives watching the program evidently don't realize that they are the ones being mocked:

This study investigated biased message processing of political satire in The Colbert Report and the influence of political ideology on perceptions of Stephen Colbert. ... Additionally, there was no significant difference between the groups in thinking Colbert was funny, but conservatives were more likely to report that Colbert only pretends to be joking and genuinely meant what he said while liberals were more likely to report that Colbert used satire and was not serious when offering political statements. Conservatism also significantly predicted perceptions that Colbert disliked liberalism.

This is unfathomable to me. How on earth could someone watch The Colbert Report and conclude that he is actually advocating GOP positions?
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Now We Know How Colbert Got Invited to the White House Correspondent's Dinner

he is a guerilla conservative. on camera.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• |Thrax|
      Platinum Poster
      • Mar 2007

Re: Now We Know How Colbert Got Invited to the White House Correspondent's Dinner

Nice work..
      I was surprised to see the link.

Go SAGE, my sister work for them.
      This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
      Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• speciale
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Dec 2005

Last edited by speciale; April 29, 2009, 09:06:51 AM.
        Originally posted by Miroslav
        It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
        No Soup for You

Comment

Working...