X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

yeah, well, fuck YOU.

The Supreme Court ruled on Tuesday federal regulators have the authority to clamp down on the broadcast TV networks that air isolated cases of profanity, known as "fleeting expletives."

not that this is anywhere near the level of importance considering the 100 other shitstorms we could talk about, but its just another nonsensical neo con line item that is over prohibitive and makes more of a problem than the original incident.

im all for free speech, with "family hour tv as well(i.e. major network prime time) " , but now "slip ups" will lead to even more bullshit wasting of time and resources and frankly, will get someone who has a minor slip up get a major consequence .
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • chloe harris
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: yeah, well, fuck YOU.

The 5-4 vote was a victory for Bush-era officials who pushed fines and sanctions when racy images and language reached the airwaves.
    that sums it up right there.
    hopefully we can change this because hearing swearing and seeing tit ass and dick on tv isn't scary and the more we hear and see it, the less horrible it is.
    pillow humping rules.

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

"Authority" is different from action, and notwithstanding this ruling, I do hope the FCC uses this new authority in a rational way. There is a difference between profanity that is aired because a mic happens to be too close to something that wasn't intended for public ears (think sporting events) or when someone clearly says something unintentionally or in reaction to an unexpected event on the one hand, and when some rock star lets the F word fly at an award show because he just doesn't give a shit on the other. In 95% of the instances, it's obvious to the viewer whether something is truly worthy of punishment or not.

I hate this paternalistic BS, but I'm going to reserve judgment until I see how this authority is exercised. If fining someone isn't likely to change their behavior because there was no intent there to begin with, I would hope that no fine would be levied.

Comment

• Shpira
        Angry Boy Child
        • Oct 2006

I think this is bullshit...there should be a warning before a start of a show that it might offend some people and thats enough. Who are they to judge what is decent and what isn't. Its just another step in creating a bland media that perpetuates the same borring shit day after day never challanging the established norms.
        The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
        Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

I'd recommend not watching tv.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Shpira
            Angry Boy Child
            • Oct 2006

I don't own a TV.
            The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
            Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• speciale
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Shpira
              I don't own a TV.
              lol, that explains it.
              Originally posted by Miroslav
              It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
              No Soup for You

Comment

• Shpira
                Angry Boy Child
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by speciale
                lol, that explains it.
                What
                The Idiots ARE Winning.

Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

Working...