Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

10 things you didn't know about anti-matter

a worthy read - http://dsc.discovery.com/space/top-10/anti-matter/
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: 10 things you didn't know about anti-matter

jesus some of the shit physicists pull off is just MIND boggling

Carl Anderson may have identified a positron in 1932, but it would be 1955 before anyone found that theoretical negative proton, or antiproton. This elusive particle didn't form during radioactive decay -- the only way physicists could hope to observe an antiproton was to make one in the lab.

To verify an antiproton, you need a particle accelerator capable of producing 6 billion electron volts, not to mention some way to "see" it. It wasn't until 1954 that a rag-tag group of physicists got their hands on an accelerator up to the task: the Bevatron at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California.

To create antiprotons at the Bevatron, approximately 40,000 different particles need to spring into existence at that same moment. Even then, positrons last just one ten-millionth of a second before they meet a proton and vanish. The researchers eventually spotted the particles by pinpointing their death signatures -- called annihilation stars -- amid the photographic documentation.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Yao
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

The hardest seems to be to determine what it was that they saw, and confirming that it was what they thought it was. So much theorizing there that even practical results cannot be analyzed with 100% certainty.

Science is sometimes a bit of magic.
      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Shpira
        Angry Boy Child
        • Oct 2006

I think you too are the only guys on MS that know what the fuck these ppl are talking about. congratulations
        The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
        Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• day_for_night
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

no way, i love me some phyisics. i'm still waiting patiently for the hadron collider to come back online. can't wait to hear the results from the shit they'll be able to do with that!

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Shpira
            I think you too are the only guys on MS that know what the fuck these ppl are talking about. congratulations
            Yeah I just heard the sound of something whizzing over my head
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Dhar_2
              meat and potatoes
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night
              no way, i love me some phyisics. i'm still waiting patiently for the hadron collider to come back online. can't wait to hear the results from the shit they'll be able to do with that!

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

Originally posted by day_for_night
                ditto mate, they anticipate the fixed magnets to come back online by june/july and official testing to being by sept. gonna be huge

Originally posted by Dhar_2
                The number of time you've posted this in here, I wonder if you have this image posted above your bed.
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Great, thanks for the visual while I chew on my steak.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                  a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                  Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                  Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...