• Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Unauthorized Sets

Originally posted by buckman
    sorry to say msers I stay true to my word.This will never be shared
    Wow so much happened while I was out and about and recovering. Pole folder was good!! last hour in Particular was great. !!!
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

I agree with heaps that you guys have said and in fact said a lot of it myself, again and again in fact! The word is KNOWINGLY upload unauthorised sets. And it was mentioned that Hernan asked for it not be released.

Achtungbaby is copping it because he is a total twat !! Anyone who puts up something unauthorised and then boasts about it is a twat And he did do this!! He derverves everything he gets!!

I know the reality , but it makes me sad that we music fans just accept what is actually wrong and I really hate the justifications made. I haven't ditched this one yet but I will .

The chances of there being unauthorised sets in my collection is very high. I didn't ditch the Tenaglia , although I don't listen.

So Djs don't care, so do it would be nice if we could respect their wishes.

Dusk , Hernan gives us really , really good sets to list to !

Feather The majority of Hernans sets are authorised. He keeps quite good control. He is a nice guy and he does give us good music free. Maybe that's why people don't release stuff . It certainly works the opposite way as far as Tenaglia is concerned.

Also Feather, I think I addressed most of the points, again and again , so Maybe Haziel didn't feel he had to.

In this case it ended as Miroslav said it should!! Good!!

Btw The only time I have seen Hernan angry is when someone denigrates another Dj.

The first time I saw Hernan was 2004, the year before he had been out and felt he hadn't given us a good enough set. He apologised and promised a really good one, Needless to say my introduction to Hernan was stunning!!
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• i!!ustrious
        I got some N64 Games Yo!!
        • Mar 2008

oh why can't we all just get a loan!?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwEMxYggoKQ[/YOUTUBE]
        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• TomTom
          Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
          • May 2002

The thread was removed because Hernan told me he is not keen with it and did not know he was recorded. Of course the mix is out now and it will be shared from fans but at least on Mercuryserver it will find no place. We did this for DJs we have never been in contact with so it's a given that we respect Hernan's wish as well. I am sure we can make up for this with an official 2 hour mix from Hernan from last weekend.

Yet another year has passed and we are still here as you can see. The last year was like a rollercoaster with both awesome and sad moments. We broke several records and now have over 30,000 registered members, more than 700,000 postings and an average of 9,000,000 hits per month on MercuryServer. New members have introduced

Comment

• Homegrove
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TomTom
            The thread was removed because Hernan told me he is not keen with it and did not know he was recorded. Of course the mix is out now and it will be shared from fans but at least on Mercuryserver it will find no place. We did this for DJs we have never been in contact with so it's a given that we respect Hernan's wish as well. I am sure we can make up for this with an official 2 hour mix from Hernan from last weekend.

http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=70241
            Fucking nice!
            Forward thinking house music

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by TomTom

http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=70241
              One of the reasons I love MS !!

Btw One of the other reasons is that you let us have our say, and disagree if we want to!!

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                • Mar 2008

dude... HC's set for birthday is... down right triumph.

amazing.
                (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

And he gave it to US !!!!

Comment

• ganjamo
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jan 2006

^^ happy aint ya? lol

I guess the DJs can get in sort of trouble with the labels when playing unreleased tracks with the anticipation that Digweed, Hernan or any other top dj can.

Also this breaks the supposed trust there is with the people that make the party happen and the DJ.
                    Dont panic, its organic.

Comment

• fyrestarter
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Feb 2009

are you really still talking about this?

lol
                      I wonder if this new healthcare thing covers my pre-existing condition: AWESOMENESS.

Comment

• simonr
                        Transitionator
                        • Jun 2004

The Birthday mix is awesome ... Hernan's classic darkly progressive house

I think Atchung has been given a rough ride - (so far as I'm aware) it was the Moderator of an Argentinian site that put the set out there - Atchung simply posted the links on [ms] which we all greatly appreciated at the time.

I'm never going to complain about a new set from one of my favourite DJ's - if anything it makes support them more and I'll defo be getting the new Master Series (Hernan just needs to get his arse into gear with some lovely signed copies to pre-order !). It'll sit nicely alongside my other 6 x HC comps.

[ms] has a great relationship with Hernan and respected his wishes - Hernan respected [ms] even more by giving us a newer and exclusive set.

Perhaps it's time to chill, enjoy the b-day set and stop the infighting folks
                        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

We sort of already had.

Achtung boasted about it being unauthorised.

Comment

• mades
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2008

Guys, let me say a few words about this issue:

There are extremists on both sides. I'll give you an example of a world class DJ who has a serious issue with any of his sets being among people (like he would be playing all bad):
                            His name is Paul Van Dyk and my friend (promoter) was a direct witness of his rage when he told him he (pvd) played well at Trance Energy. Paul asked him how did he know that and he said it was broadcasted by a dutch radio which made pvd just mad, doing strange calls to his managers etc. The result? He banned german media from broadcasting his set at MayDay where he was a headliner. Now that's what i call a "strange relationship" even towards his fanbase.

Of course, if you are a serious community (which MS and also TM are) you will delete anything what an artist is requesting to delete. That is a normal, healthy behavior. But you also will not blame someone, who shared it and didn't know it was unauthorised. Will you blame me that i shared with you the Malta set, many people said it was the best they heard from 2008? Don't blame the uploader if he isn't the source, just the messenger.

And also, give yourself a question. If there would be an upload let's say "sasha & diggers b2b 6h 192k". Would you stop for even a second and think "is this legal" before clicking on the link? Be honest to yourself. I would not.

Last small notice regarding the sales of new Hernan Masters. I don't think it would anyhow affect the actual sales. People who got hands on that set will mostly buy it and the rest doesn't know. It's the same situation as with 'pirates', who actually buy more music than anyone else beside downloading it from net. And also be honest when it comes to a world class dj like Hernan - with that long-year success, it will never be a question of money because they have more than enough money for the rest of their lives even if they would stop playing and producing right next morning. It is purely a moral/ethical question and deleting that thread was a right decision if Hernan wished so.

Comment

• simonr
                              Transitionator
                              • Jun 2004

^^ very well said

... there's always room for Skyclub Malta sets in this world

Because of that set I changed my mind about catching Sasha, and travelled to Sankeys in February & am going to see him again at Fabric next week.

So the leaked set caused me to part with my hard earned money and travel to support him - a win win alround !
                              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DIDI
                                Aussie Pest
                                • Nov 2004

I have born witness to a PVD tantrum .The last big event at Kryal Castle. He came on late , played a very bad, very short set . looked like thunder , bashed things around and did not respond to any of us that had waited all night to see him. I tell you right now, that guy is never getting any of my money!!! I don't download anything of his either.

mades. Actungbaby was not an innocent messenger. He uploaded a set he knew was unauthorised, and adding insult to injury boasted about it and was damn rude to anyone who queried his actions. Compare it with this reaction from someone in my local forum when I told them about this set.

Thanks Di ...I will delete the other post with that mix
                                Hey, I've learnt to spell unauthorised

Comment

Working...