X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haziel
    Likes a finger upthere
    • Jan 2007

Unauthorized Sets

So recently a set was released from a show Hernan did In Brazil , after asking a little bit around I found out that , it was released or recorded without Hernan's consent .

In the past it really didn't matter to me if the dj approved or not that his set was released, I just wanted a set from my fav artist , but now after a few years , I realize that when things like this happen it could fuck up a moment that you are trying to build in your djing career.

Bringing me to the thought that if you really appreciate the dj , this is probably the worst thing you could do as a pay back .

To me this is worse than illegal download ,due to the fact that if he wasnt on his best night , it leaves a bad taste of what he is currently doing , I'm sorry i'm just pissed of , some fans just don't really have it upthere .

• floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Unauthorized Sets

^well that's about as controversial topic as they come (several steps above threads about "GU"). That being said, what kind of discourse are you looking for by starting a thread about that isolated incident on a message board with 100's of thousands of sets and promos very well moderated I might add.

Or are you just venting?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• dusk
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Oh that's a shame then if it was an unauthorized release.... I figured it was released in prep for his Renaissance album that due soon. Quite a few dj's do that to get the ball rolling...
      ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• jointuletz
        Getting Somewhere
        • Feb 2008

well, if hes had a bad night, people need to hear him play that as well and realize that hes not god.

the set we are talking about its released after 4 months so a problem with exlusive and unreleased tracks doesn't exist.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Feb 2009

You should name this as a Megathread if you wanna talk about "Unauthorized Sets" .. btw, would be a non-sense thread.. This is neverendig story.. You are free to decide which sets DL.. Thatīs the beauty of Internet.. Liberty

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• Haziel
            Likes a finger upthere
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by floridaorange
            ^well that's about as controversial topic as they come (several steps above threads about "GU"). That being said, what kind of discourse are you looking for by starting a thread about that isolated incident on a message board with 100's of thousands of sets and promos very well moderated I might add.

Or are you just venting?
            both venting and realizing , how bad it is to do this sort of thing

Comment

• bobjuice
              Banned
              • May 2008

Originally posted by jointuletz
              well, if hes had a bad night, people need to hear him play that as well and realize that hes not god.

the set we are talking about its released after 4 months so a problem with exlusive and unreleased tracks doesn't exist.
              ^ i agree - though most people have said they liked it so this maybe wasn't such a bad night. Some would rather hear a set as it actually was, live - i know i would.
              Pro tools, ableton etc mean it's not so hard to build a perfect performance which is artificial and maybe we're a little quick to criticise if comparing the two. The man can play records better than just about every other human being on the planet and that won't change even if he's a little below his absolute best once in a while..

Comment

• Haziel
                Likes a finger upthere
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by jointuletz

People need to hear ???? uh ? regardless of the artist consent you think that is right?

we pretty much know if a dj is good or not over the years, personally one set wont change my mind about someones overall performance.

but it could affect a djs moment , like for example he is about to release the master series there is a lot of expectation since we haven't heard anything from him in a while, then just right before it comes out , a set is released that is ok, but not comparable to the august mix .

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Feb 2009

hahaha even Hernan himself wouldnīt be that piss...

Comment

• Haziel
                    Likes a finger upthere
                    • Jan 2007

^^^and you know this how?

Comment

• Haziel
                      Likes a finger upthere
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!
                      You should name this as a Megathread if you wanna talk about "Unauthorized Sets" .. btw, would be a non-sense thread.. This is neverendig story.. You are free to decide which sets DL.. Thatīs the beauty of Internet.. Liberty
                      just because you have freedom doesnt mean is right to post things that are unauthorized , I bet there are a lot of soul seek fags in here who think the same way.

Comment

• Kinetic
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

Well, what I gathered from checking in a couple of places, is that this set was recorded without Hernanīs knowing.

Some people have already had it for a few months now and Hernan himself came to know that it existed and asked people not to share it. A few months later here it is available on a shit load of places.

I donīt know the reasons for this, at the time maybe it was because a lot of tracks were really knew, but that is not the case anymore, so from that perspective I donīt think that is a reason not to share it.

Maybe he was unhappy with the performance that night?
                        "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
                        http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Feb 2009

Cosī is a fucking 4 old month set for Christ sakes.. donīt get your point anyway, but this thread turns a little bored for me so, good luck mate.. Says Hi to Hernan next time you lunch whit him.

Comment

• chuckc
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

I know digweed was furious when la dune got leaked....

Comment

• Haziel
                              Likes a finger upthere
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!
                              Cosī is a fucking 4 old month set for Christ sakes.. donīt get your point anyway, but this thread turns a little bored for me so, good luck mate..
                              ok

btw who the fuck are you?

Comment

Working...