• Show
Clear All
  • majortom
    Getting warmed up
    • Jun 2004

NYC People...

From rhythmism.com...

SASHA Announces "Fundacion" Residency at Crobar NYC

From 1996 until 2001, DJs SASHA and John Digweed played a monthly residency at the legendary Manhattan nightclub Twilo which gave birth to a unique, unparalleled movement in dance music culture. This winter, the magic returns to clubdom as SASHA will take to the decks at New York City?s most progressive, exciting, entertaining, creative and techno-savy nightclub crobar for his brand new party, FUNDACION. Beginning with the announcement party on Friday, December 3 and every first Friday of the month thereafter--January 7 (opening party), February 4, March 4, April 1, May 6 and June 3 (closing party)--SASHA will bring himself, his music and his strong global fan base from around the world to dance to his hypnotic, high-energy sets on the 3000-plus capacity superclub capacity dance floor.

Not only will SASHA?s residency reacquaint the New York club audienc
    e with his music, FUNDACION--which means foundation in Spanish--will serve as the introduction of an entirely new DJ technology. SASHA will play his trademark power-packed, emotional sets on a new custom-made controller created specifically for his Ableton Live set-up. Creating a live 100% digital experience, Sasha will be leaving turntables behind. The new controller will allow SASHA to not only to exhibit his stellar track selection and mixing skills, but to literally produce and remix music live. With the ability to sample, loop, and fuse elements from multiple songs at once through digital technology, SASHA will truly be revolutionizing the live DJ performance.

?I?m building a custom controller because I think the idea of DJing with a mouse isn?t very cool. Everything on the screen can be manipulated with this controller.? SASHA told LA City Beat (June 24-30, 2004). ?The accessibility has taken some of the mystery away from DJing,? he continues. ?I used to come to America and play for people; there was no way they could get those records, and so there was a uniqueness to my sound. Now it?s everywhere, but that pushes it to another level. The technology will move things forward and enable you to give unique performances every time you play. A set of Technics turntables and a mixer is not enough now. It?s time to move on.?

SASHA?s ability to unleash magic through music will only be enhanced by crobar?s Phazon sound system, arguably the best in the world. crobar is at the epicenter of the burgeoning Chelsea nightlife area, and its incredible, over-the-top design dazzles club-goers aesthetically while offering them a full audio-sensory experience. With a creative energy buzzing in the air; a positive and friendly staff; atomic laser light shows that astound and amaze; and room for upwards of 3000 patrons, FUNDACION is certain to go down in history as the next great legend in dance music.

• ian
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Re: NYC People...

Seems a bit risky entrusting his entire DJ set on a computer - even if it is a mac!

I'd be interested to see this controller!
    Signature for Rent - ?1/character

Comment

• mixu
      Travel Guru Extraordinaire
      • Jun 2004

Methinks I'll be visiting the Big Apple next year
      Ask me a question...

Comment

• doobie581
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

I haven't checked out the Crobar in the city yet, but I've heard from many people that it sucks. Might have to check it out for myself one of those fridays. Last time I saw sasha was on the last Thanksgiving at Twilo, think it was 2000.
        ". . . Could it be that you would understand this beat to which we dance, more clearly had you been given the chance. So as you struggle to find the feel with your feet, ask yourself can you dance to my beat."

Comment

• GerryD
          I love skanking
          • Jun 2004

Crobar is not that bad
          "We're professional entertainers. You give us money, we entertain you.

Comment

• bigguy3
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by doobie581
            I haven't checked out the Crobar in the city yet, but I've heard from many people that it sucks. Might have to check it out for myself one of those fridays. Last time I saw sasha was on the last Thanksgiving at Twilo, think it was 2000.
            crobar is not that bad...the door people are a pain in the ass but the space itself is cool. sound is not that great as the main room has really high ceilings and is relatively spacious. i've been down on sasha but i am excited for a monthly residency. he will undoubtedly experiment quite a bit.

Comment

• wonk
              Getting Somewhere
              • Oct 2004

sounds good to me. whatever about crobar with sasha at the wheel ur sorted

Comment

• thezzapper
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by GerryD
                Crobar is not that bad
                better than avalon. worst sound i've ever heard in a club.

yeh, i think sasha doing a residency there should definately be worth checking out. wish he would get a residency at space, miami. now that would be the sh*t...
                sigpic

Comment

• san
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

i'll check this out. and as for crobar, i like the place. so this is good.
                  poop on you

Comment

• peeps
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by doobie581
                    I haven't checked out the Crobar in the city yet, but I've heard from many people that it sucks. .
                    check it out and see for yourself - it's the best big room in the city, for many reasons.

the only thing i don't like is the drink prices.

and when they have psycho bitch and teri bristol on six decks with their plaid brigade.

Comment

• AnCatDubh
                      Getting warmed up
                      • Jun 2004

last time he was at crobar 10/15 he was amazing.

Comment

• dvs
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2004

can't wait, finally he is back w/ residency, anyone going next friday? crobar is fun, better than all other big clubs in nyc...
                        "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

"the progressive sound will not come back because it's already here; you just need to search for it." - Mo Shic

Comment

• Bryanw24
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2004

i saw s&d there in March and i was pretty impressed with crobar. thought the sound was GREAT!!!!flew up from fl, went to the club until 8-9 am then flew right back. crazy trip

Comment

• diskofreak
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

old news..

Comment

Working...