X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Anyone in Los Angeles?

I'm headed to LA in a couple of weeks and need some tips on venues. There's a band I want to check out and one night there at the Troubador in West Hollywood and the next night they're at the Detroit Bar in Costa Mesa. The Detroit Bar will be closer to where I'm staying (near the John Wayne) but I want to see them at the better place.

Any suggestions on which is the better venue?
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.
  • GetAchievements
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jan 2009

Re: Anyone in Los Angeles?

No, but F the Lakers!!!!
    http://soundcloud.com/getachievements

Comment

• skahound
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jun 2004

Thank you for your well-thought input.

And ftr, Kobe's a bum.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
        I got some N64 Games Yo!!
        • Mar 2008

oh good deal man. have a good time out here.

what band are you seeing? just catch em both nights

i'd just stick with Detroit Bar, it's actually a pretty fun place forsure. Costa Mesa is a mellow town with fun ppl. it isn't a mess like Bollywood is, and since your stayin' in Irvine, it would be much easier to hit up that location. Trabador is a legendary spot though, so if you want all that glamourous buzz and rage, then hit that up.

btw, if you're gonna be out here in July too, you should come out to The Hootenanny with a few of us. shit goes off.
        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• skahound
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by lucky charms
          oh good deal man. have a good time out here.

what band are you seeing? just catch em both nights

i'd just stick with Detroit Bar, it's actually a pretty fun place forsure. Costa Mesa is a mellow town, and it isn't a mess like Hollywood is, and since your stayin' in Irvine, it would be much easier to hit up that location. Trabador is a legendary spot though, so if you want all that glamourous buzz, then hit that up.

btw, if you're gonna be out here in July, you should come out to The Hootenanny with a few of us. shit goes off.
          Word! Thanks. I'm gonna check out Margot & The Nuclear So and So's since I missed them during their run through Florida. I'd actually prefer to stay away from downtown/Hollywood except for the one day that I have to go there to do some work. Other than that my time will be spent in Mission Viejo and then San Diego before heading up to Monterey for a couple of days.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
            I got some N64 Games Yo!!
            • Mar 2008

oh that should be fun.

and holy fuck... what a trip, i actually live in MV. you stayin' with some friends or family?
            (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by lucky charms
              oh that should be fun.

and holy fuck... what a trip, i actually live in MV. you stayin' with some friends or family?
              Nah, I'm on my own. It's a business trip but I'm going to try to sneak in a little fun here and there. Most likely staying at the most convenient Marriott!

MV huh? We have the mortgage on the retail/office property that's on the NW corner of La Paz and Marguerite. I haven't scheduled my flights yet but I'll probably get in to John Wayne on Monday the 18th and then head right down to check out the property. Then I'll probably spend the next day in downtown (we hold some debt on Hollywood & Highland) and then it's down to San Diego.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                meat and potatoes
                • Jun 2004

speak to thrax!

he'll look after you!

probably pick u up in his tricked out white scooby aswell!

Comment

• |Thrax|
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Mar 2007

hah :-D

<--- yes, very L.A.
                  Let me know what dates you're going to be out, obviously if you're going from troubador down to O.C. and back, you must renting a car.

If you're looking for big-room clubbing or small spots, we've got all of that. GIANT even runs events down in San Diego and OC which are all very "nice" places without being "dress-to-impress"

SPIN in San Diego (FRI)
                  RED - Close to newport beach (THURS)
                  VANGUARD - Hollywood (SAT)
                  Avalon - Hollywood (SAT)

then, friends and I run rooftop parties, I photograph and we get em going on Sunday's in downtown LA. :-D

This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
                  Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• Dhar_2
                    meat and potatoes
                    • Jun 2004

so why didnt i get to go to one???

Comment

Working...