X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • plexipr
    Gold Gabber
    • Apr 2005

Made Event presents MISSTRESS BARBARA @ Cielo - May 22nd

Made Event transports the Canadian star Mistress Barbara as she graces us with her light on Friday, May 22nd at Cielo.

Not afraid to expose her vulnerable side, Mistress Barbara speaks out her heart and soul as she embarks on a whole new adventure with the release of I’m No Human, her first album as a songwriter out on Maple Music Recordings in May 2009. One of the most remarkable aspects is that the album sees Barbara herself on vocals. Lush melodies overlay minimal beats accompanied by her intoxicating femme fatale voice, unraveling a happy development born out of unhappy circumstance.

The album is her most personal yet and is inspired from the passing of her late father. “I know he would be very, very proud. He played guitar, violin, piano,” Barbara says. On recording violins in the studio, she adds, “I had tears in my eyes. He would be so happy.

Pouring out her feelings in I’m No Human, Barbara shines on through a cover of Leonardo Cohen’s “Dance Me To The End of Love”; “Everything in my life is for love. I do everything for love and I undo everything for love.” Additional contributions from Sam Roberts, Brazilian Girls and Bjorn Yttling of Peter Bjorn and John.

Friday, May 22, 2009
    Made Event presents
    Misstress Barbara
    @ Cielo

Cielo
    18 Little West 12thStreet
    New York City
    Doors at 10pm, 21+ Valid ID
    $15 Advance Tickets while supplies last at www.made-event.com
    Tickets also available at Rebel Rebel, 319 Bleecker St NYC 212.989.0770
    Event Info 917.723.9381

www.made-event.com
    www.myspace.com/misstressbarbara
    www.iturnem.com
    www.cieloclub.com

Made Event NYC Upcoming Dates

May 14 Robbie Rivera @ Cielo
    May 15 Josh Gabriel @ Cielo
    May 16 Save the Cannibals: Cassy with Nikola Baytala @ Rebel
    May 22 Dave Seaman & Nick Warren @ Pacha NYC
    May 22 Misstress Barbara @ Cielo
    May 23 Save the Cannibals: Guy Gerber (live) with Dennis Rodgers @ Rebel
    May 30 Save the Cannibals: Fairmont (live) & Adultnapper @ Rebel
    June 6 Save the Cannibals: Steve Bug @ Rebel
    June 12 Gareth Emery @ Cielo
    June 13 Save the Cannibals: Martin Landsky @ Rebel
    June 19 ATB @ Pacha NYC
    June 20 Save the Cannibals: Seth Troxler @ Rebel
    June 26 Dave Dresden @ Cielo

About Made Event
    The Made Event team, headed by Mike Bindra and Laura De Palma, is committed to excellence in the programming, promotion, and production of electronic dance music events. They continually bring a world-renowned caliber of entertainment into a variety of distinctive and innovative venues, and seek to push the limit of expertise in their field. With over 20 years of combined experience, and over 300 successful events produced in New York City and at Winter Music Conference, Made Event is an industry leader. For more info, please go to www.made-event.com.
    DANCE LOCAL THINK GLOBAL
Working...