X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

One way to get out of a speeding ticket:

This morning just before noon I was driving my SUV w. my fiance headed for brunch at a really good restaurant (in Winter Park). So I take a left turn after sitting at a long red light and after the lead car realized the light was no longer red and decided to drive around him and ended up passing a porsche 911 convertible in the process.

I'm doing 50 in a 30, but this is a 4 lane road and residential but pretty heavily traveled thoroughfare. Speed limits are unecessarily slow because many of the houses with driveways on this road are multi-million dollar homes. Anyway, so the porsche is on my right and we both take 2 real big nearly 90 degree turns, I need to get back into the right lane, but the porsche is in it, so I speed up coming out of that big turn and in front of me are 4 police officers standing in the porsche's lane, one with a radar gun aimed at me, another signaling for me to stop, another signaling for the porsche to stop and another probably just enjoying ruining peoples sunday I guess?

I decide at that point, if there are that many cops standing in an intersection, none of them are in there car and so instead of stopping, I keep driving and immediately after another turn in the road, pull into a mansion's driveway and park behind some bamboo tree's. Seconds later a cop car w. its lights and siren on speeds passed the driveway. I sit there mulling over what to do next because the cop could easily see me on it's way back sitting in this driveway, not to mention the owner could walk out, although it looked like nobody was home. I drive over to the other end of the driveway (big house) and decide I was better off where I was, 3 minutes go bye and then the cop passes the driveway I'm in again. But evidently does not see me!

So I am less than a football field away from this huge speed trap parked in this mansion's driveway and had to make another decision, so I pull out and go across the street to a condominium complex (all cars can be seen from the street) and park in visitor parking and my fiance and I walk 300 yards to our destination on a beautiful spring afternoon, police cars driving past us, but of course they're not going to recognize us while walking. We have a really nice brunch.

We walk back to our car and I could tell the speed trap was still in operation because as cars made that same turn and drove toward us, they were driving super slow and all looking back in their rear-view mirrors Felt great to avoid a $200 speeding ticket and potentially go through a situation that could ruin my Sunday afternoon.

Small but very satisfying victory

It was fun while it lasted...
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: One way to get out of a speeding ticket:

^^ + 1000 !

Nice one ... just hope they don't have a photo of your Reg plate, otherwise you'll be on the US's Most Wanted.
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Saw a vid of this on Youtube :

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWSrUyUUYB0[/YOUTUBE]
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Miroslav
        WHOA I can change this!1!
        • Apr 2006

ummm... If you have any sense in your head, you won't try that again.

Did you know that fleeing a police officer / evading arrest can easily become a felony conviction against you (depending on your state jurisdiction & circumstances)? When they arrest you for that next time, the speeding ticket will be the least of your concerns. I know someone who had this happen to them, and the potential consequences are not too funny: brief jail time, license suspension...not to mention the joy of explaining that to all of your potential employers in job interviews and creditors if you try to get a loan.

Fleeing the cops is generally not a very good strategy. Better hope they did not have cameras and/or catch your license plate number...
        mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Haziel
          Likes a finger upthere
          • Jan 2007

well done

The only thing here is just don't get used to it .. because next time you might not be that lucky and probably end up on C.o.p.s.

Comment

• floridaorange
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Miroslav

Better hope they did not have cameras and/or catch your license plate number...
            Fortunately, in Florida we only have one license plate, there's no license plate in the front of our car, and there was no car behind me at any time.

I thought something like this was pretty rare, especially in an SUV, it's not as if I was in some small coupe...if they were too stupid to see me, my gain!

Comment

• Miroslav
              WHOA I can change this!1!
              • Apr 2006

^^ it is your gain this time; my point is just that you may easily not be so lucky next time. I'd think twice about taking that kind of a gamble, given the potentially ugly consequences. But hey... free country, your choice.
              mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Haziel
                Likes a finger upthere
                • Jan 2007

I retract myself from my previous post.... thinking about it a little bit more , I think your quick reaction was due to the fact that none of them were in their car, so that might of gotten you a few seconds of advantage , that's all you had in your favor. you were really against the odds on this one.

Dude if the mansion door was closed or if the owners realized that you were hidding from the cops or worst if you would've hit a car comming out of those houses a bad sunday could have turned out to be the worst sunday.

anywayss things turned out good ,better if you don't try it again

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

Good for you!!! I would never try that, being latino in Los Angeles is already bad enough when you get pulled over by LA's finest. The first thing out of their mouth is: "who's car is this?" followed by "Do you have any drugs in the car?" It's gets really old... I know they're just doing their job, BUT I fecking hate it!!!!!

Comment

• simonr
                    Transitionator
                    • Jun 2004

^^ And there was me thinking it was the Electro Blows bumper sticker that catches LA's Finest's attention !!
                    sigpicSimonR

Comment

• runningman
                      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                      • Jun 2004

what is unfortunate is that once your car has an RFID in it (which will be very soon) this will never be able to happen..

Always glad to hear someone getting away with one.

Comment

• toasty
                        Sir Toastiness
                        • Jun 2004

As an attorney, reading stuff like this just makes me cringe -- not because I have a problem with people breaking the law, but I just think about how much worse your situation would have been if you'd not been so fortunate. Traffic tickets are a minor inconvenience, whereas resisting arrest and whatever other charges they could lump on brings a whole new element to it. Glad it worked out for you, tho...

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                          Anyone have Styx livesets?
                          • Jun 2004

what did you have for brunch? bacon sarnie? (sandwich)
                          ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• floridaorange
                            • Dec 2005

If a police car had pulled out as I drove by the speed trap I would have pulled over, but they weren't prepared, so I pushed my luck.

If I were in California for instance, this would have been a ticket because there would have been an officer on a motorcycle.

I was shocked these cops were standing in the street with radar guns, directly after a very sharp turn on a heavily trafficked road, on a Sunday morning.

Comment

• srbbnd
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jul 2005

You get bad azz points for this. Good work.
                              www.bestfilmsofthe20thcentury.com/

www.forwardthinkingproduction.com/

Comment

Working...