X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Pittsbugh LB Refuses to Go to Whitehouse

Pittsburgh Steelers' linebacker James Harrison will not accompany his team to the White House when President Obama greets the Super Bowl champions. Harrison told WTAE, a local Pittsburgh television network, that his refusal to take part in the honor was not based on his political views but rather, according to his agent, "he just doesn't want to go." Harrison told WTAE:

This is how I feel -- if you want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, invite us when we don't win the Super Bowl. As far as I'm concerned, [Obama] would've invited Arizona if they had won.

Um, no shit James, he WOULD have invited Arizona if they had won. That's how it works. Do you feel that the PRESIDENT is being opportunistic in wanting to spend time with you?
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Pittsbugh LB Refuses to Go to Whitehouse

Football players carry the dumb jock stigma more so than any other sport, what do you expect from a linebacker, silly this is getting press at all.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Garrick
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

its his own decision, although he's passing up a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity... agreed this isn't news-worthy at all.
      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• i!!ustrious
        I got some N64 Games Yo!!
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by floridaorange
        Football players carry the dumb jock stigma more so than any other sport, what do you expect from a linebacker, silly this is getting press at all.
        lol wtf. all you're doing is helping perpetuate that sweeping generalization with posts like that
        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

lol,, its not true?
          9 out of 10 athletes shouldn't be allowed any where near a microphone, they're athletes for gods sake not spokes people.. 70% of the ever even graduate college

Comment

• i!!ustrious
            I got some N64 Games Yo!!
            • Mar 2008

^ what do you expect? they don't need to be proper spokesmen, we all know that. did you guys ever play any sports at prestigious levels???? an athlete usually has a pretty sharp/coordinated mental faculty; wise discernment, and sound communication skills. idunno bout you guys, but i find a lot of them to be decent speakers.
            (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• bananapeel
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
              its his own decision, although he's passing up a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity... agreed this isn't news-worthy at all.
              Actually, he's passed up this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity twice now!
              He similarily refused to go the last time Steelers won the Superbowl in 2005.

Comment

• Garrick
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

wow, really? didn't know that. fear of flying.... white house is in bad neighborhood, lol... another excuse today, i'm sure. poor guy. who cares? its still his own decision. i can't believe this is getting so much hype.
                Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• ddr
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

he might as well throw his superbowl ring away too... since he wouldnt of gotten it if he didnt win the superbowl.
                  "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• toasty
                    Sir Toastiness
                    • Jun 2004

^^

Comment

Working...