X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Homegrove
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Brief Digweed-interview

Hi John, where are you right now and what can you see when you look out of the window?
    In the studio and I can see cars going by

It’s been quite a long time since you last played in Birmingham, where have you been?
    Round the world quite a few times

What’s going on with Bedrock these days, any future parties or releases we should be looking out for?
    The label seems to be having a great resurgence, with some fantastic releases from Guy J, Guy Gerber and Christian Smith and John Selway to name a few, Bedrock is also hosting an arena again at this year's GlobalGathering which we are very excited about, check out the full line up at the GlobalGathering website.

You have had a hand in helping to launch many DJ’s careers over the years including the likes of Phil Thompson, Jonathan Lisle, Neil Quigley and more recently Guy J. Anyone else we should be looking out for in the future?
    I think I have got my hands full with Guy J at the moment he just seems to be making better tracks with every release, can`t wait for his second album

You have always prided yourself on staying one step ahead of the game musically, where do you think things are heading next?
    I think tracks are starting to have a bit more melody as well as more of a house feel to them, it's a good time for music as you feel things are changing again

When would you say is your ‘Golden Age’ for the UK scene?
    I love playing in the UK and the fan base is still very supportive from about 94 to 02 was pretty special with the Bedrock parties at Heaven being off the wall every month.

How’s the Transitions radio show going? And when can we expect the next instalment of your Transitions albums?
    The radio show is on in over 25 countries now and cd wise look out for Bedrock 11 featuring new and remixed Bedrock tracks.

You must have seen a lot of the world over the years, do you get much chance to have holidays? If so, where do you normally head?
    Greece and Italy are 2 of my favorite places to relax

What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever seen on tour?
    Did a show in Israel in 2002 and the dancers got a bit carried away with each other on stage was quite a sight

What’s on your rider?
    Nothing crazy just the spec for my DJ set up

If someone was to do a ‘This Is Your Life’ type round up of your life, what do you think would be the highlights?
    Twilo, Northern Exposure, Bedrock parties at Heaven, Renaissance, Big Beach Boutique Brighton with Fatboy Slim
    Hopefully the Bedrock 11 comes with a new Digweed-mix too!
    Forward thinking house music
  • lilsensa
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Brief Digweed-interview

That's a cool little interview.
    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• bananapeel
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Great mini online interview.

What’s on your rider?
      Nothing crazy just the spec for my DJ set up
      What?!?!?! Digweed doesn't have a request to have a bowl of M&Ms with no brown ones in it

Comment

• dusk
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Cool interview - this part is rather interesting -

I think tracks are starting to have a bit more melody as well as more of a house feel to them, it's a good time for music as you feel things are changing again
        ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• clintlove
          Hey girl, ya Hungry?
          • Jun 2004

Awesome, can't wait for guy j's second album either.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• coleby761
            Are you Kidding me??
            • May 2008

Originally posted by dusk
            Cool interview - this part is rather interesting -

That my friends puts a smile on my face. Some more housey stuff from the big guns will be delicious.

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

^^ well said !
              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Hydrosonic
                Gold Gabber
                • Jul 2004

Bedrock 11 will "probably be around September time" according to this equally short interview with Digweed, & a few other punters,on Noxx TV (around the two-minute-and-twenty-second mark):
                [youtube]hKCil_spEug[/youtube]
                320 requester

Comment

• simonr
                  Transitionator
                  • Jun 2004

Favourite places to play South America & Japan ... damn, the 2 x places I'd love to catch JD.

Got my advance signed copy of 10 crawling out of Matter at 7.40 a.m. after a truly amazing set ... would love to do that with 11.

Plus it'd be great to add some more people to the [ms] posse that attend these events - the international crew has been expanding and the UK crew too
                  sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• dusk
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr

Got my advance signed copy of 10 crawling out of Matter at 7.40 a.m. after a truly amazing set ...
                    Sweet!

I'm curious Simon, which is your favourite JD comp?
                    ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Dhar_2
                      meat and potatoes
                      • Jun 2004

GU 006 rocks up some funky shit!

Comment

• Dhar_2
                        meat and potatoes
                        • Jun 2004

You must have seen a lot of the world over the years, do you get much chance to have holidays? If so, where do you normally head?
                        Greece and Italy are 2 of my favorite places to relax
                        so thats why he fucking wont play here!

tell the big man to hit me up if he fancies checking out the real italy!

Comment

• spyros
                          Gold Gabber
                          • May 2007

nice interview for sure! Greece & Italy hes 2 favorite places to relax!
                          cant wait to catch diggers in cavo paradiso this summer!!

Originally posted by Hydrosonic
                          Bedrock 11 will "probably be around September time" according to this equally short interview with Digweed, & a few other punters,on Noxx TV (around the two-minute-and-twenty-second mark):
                          [youtube]hKCil_spEug[/youtube]
                          shes fit!
                          Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks

"Winston Churchill"

Comment

• floridaorange
                            I'm merely a humble butler
                            • Dec 2005

^Yah very, which is probably why digweed doesn't look her in the eyes but once. Doesn't want to fumble through the interview

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

Working...