X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • highdesert
    Getting Somewhere
    • Sep 2008

Finally! Got a job offer

Been looking for a job for the past few months since the current contract I've been working on expired last month but the company was nice enough to give me some additional work. I had been hitting up all the job sites (careerbuilder, monster, etc) every day for months and even worked with three different recruiters with about the only results being some mass emails from insurance companies looking for salesmen. One day I happened to be searching on some of the larger local companies (of which Albuquerque doesnt have many, pretty much everything locally is government based) websites and that's were I found an ideal listing at the power company for a dba postion I was perfect for.

I got an offer from them this week that I quickly accepted and as long as they dont find some of those pictures from the rave days in the late '90s I should pass the background check I easily passed the drug screen yesterday (giving up smoking was way easier than you think it can be when you have proper motivation) so just waiting for final confirmation from them for a start date of June 8th.

It's going to be a little strange having to drive to work and living most of my day in a cube again after spending the past five years working from home but with the new addition to the family coming in just under three months I needed something with real financial security. Plus, getting out of the financial services sector and into public utilities was a pretty lucky move I feel I was able to make.

I hope this gives hope to all of you looking for a J-O-B. In this market you have to work your ass off to find an opportunity and then go after it like a rat on a cheeto so good luck.
  • clintlove
    Hey girl, ya Hungry?
    • Jun 2004

Re: Finally! Got a job offer

Proud of ya. Now come see me and the rest of the hooligans!

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• Garrick
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

congrats bro. sounds like you put as much effort into it as you could and good things come to those that work hard. glad to hear you're happy.
      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• dusk
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Good on you mate! Congratulations... sure will be a hugh relief.
        ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• ribbario
          Underwater
          • Aug 2006

Congratulations buddy
          Mixes !!!

Comment

• Shpira
            Angry Boy Child
            • Oct 2006

congrats mate...I was also pretty lucky in this unfortunate time. I just finished Uni and you can imagine how difficult it is to find a job without any prior experience but I did although its in Moscow. I accepted it for the next three months and then I am gonna re-evaluate my position and probably make some further changes...anyway this is about you enjoy the moment happy you made it out of the shit storm!
            The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
            Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Congratulations.!!! You really did work hard for it!!
              Originally posted by TheVrk
              it IS incredible isn't it??
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Dhar_2
                meat and potatoes
                • Jun 2004

its not the best of times to be out of work. so good on you for finding something!

Comment

• Micko
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Oct 2004

Good lad.

Certainly is a shit time to be looking for a job

Comment

• Funky Dredd
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • May 2005

Congratulations!
                    Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• highdesert
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Sep 2008

Thanks everyone and good luck to any and all those out there still looking. Stay positive and stay at it, hard work eventually pays off.

I just spoke to my future boss on the phone this morning to see what kind of projects I'll be getting into and it sounds like I'll immediately be diving into a server consolidation project. When you save a company money they tend to take notice of you so I will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact. Plus I'm going to get the chance to work with several new technologies and expand my skills so overall a damn good situation.

**Shpira - you need to look at the upside of working in Moscow, all those gorgeous Russian women

Comment

• Dhar_2
                        meat and potatoes
                        • Jun 2004

^ problem with russian women is they drink and fight like russian men!

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                          Anyone have Styx livesets?
                          • Jun 2004

whens yer baby due highdesert?
                          ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• ribbario
                            Underwater
                            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Dhar_2
                            ^ problem with russian women is they drink and fight like russian men!
                            Mixes !!!

Comment

• highdesert
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                              whens yer baby due highdesert?
                              August 5th. We pretty much have the baby room setup, I painted it last weekend and just have to finish some trim. All the furniture is in there and it is just waiting for a crying, cooing and pooing bundle of joy to occupy it

My wife already has the crib filled with toys and she put up a Duke blue devil mobile she has had for a couple of years last night. My wife didnt go to Duke but is just a huge Duke basketball fan. I personally hope my boy hates it because I'm more of "Duke sucks" kind of guy. Then we can get an LSU tiger mobile instead!

Comment

Working...