Clear All
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

Tribalmixes in trouble

I got this email this morning.

Originally posted by tribalmixes.com administration

hello

tribalmixes.com might be in trouble for the first time in last 4 years we do not have enough money to pay the next month's rent. recent economy crises has been a heavy blow that reached into pockets of many of us, that is understandable, so many of the good and caring citizens of our community (have donated countless in the past) are taking a break, as much as introduction of ratio-free torrents has helped alot of users to improve their ratio, remove warnings, making donations once again a much less popular way to do so. in reality we've received $110 total donated in april, so far $100 in may, more than half of that - donated by one awesome Samaritan. our savings have been covering the difference for the last year or so, but now they've been depleted completely.

it is the day we call to every member of our great community to consider donating any smallest amount to support the server rent, we are on the look out for cheaper servers, but so far our rent is $234 per month. if just 1 person in every three hundred donates just $2 before may 31st - we will continue without interruptions. though we're in great relations with out provider, we will not be able to go more than 2 weeks without paying the rent. if you cannot afford any donation right now, please consider donating next month, - we're likely to face same problems again and again in the future.

as always, donations of $1+ are rewarded with stars that are attached to your nickname everywhere on the site, showing our respect to you for your input.. upload credit is awarded on an escalating schedule, starting with 2GB for $5 of donation and ending like 160GB for $100 donated. platinum users status is given to those making one time donation of $100 or more, new design to be introduced in the near future has lots of privileges installed for platinum users, you won't be disappointed!!!

once again, donation are accepted through PAYPAL the link to which you will find on this page right here REMOVED , moneybookers there isn't working at the moment, but paypal works perfect. thanks again for your input, even if it's a very tiny one.

tribalmixes.com administration
    Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
  • Dhar_2
    meat and potatoes
    • Jun 2004

Re: Tribalmixes in trouble

its a shame to hear about things like this!

i wonder if we have had or near similar problems.

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

Didn't know that (they host with us) I will speak with sergey
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• N-tchbl
        Addiction started
        • May 2009

Such a pity to read this....
        ..and even more pity.. and making me damn sad, is living in a country that's not on the PayPal list :@ :@ :@

Tribalmixes should live, its the first radio station any of my mixes appeared years ago and spreaded worldwide and if there'd be any other way than PayPal to donate, i'd do anything to help, being hand-tided in the middle of Europe and not having a posibility to help is pretty fuc*ed up for me, now and in many other situations of a similar nature.... :/

Wish you all the best TM.com!!!! hope you'll survive the crises.. from the bottom of my heart.

n-tchbl.com | MySpace | Facebook | Soundcloud | iFACE Bookings

Comment

• simonr
          Transitionator
          • Jun 2004

Lets hope this doesn't happen to more sites .. to easily we take the free music/sets/radio shows out there for granted instead of considering the passion and dedication that sits behind it. That's why it's important that people donate .. even if it's just a little.

So if you haven't donated to [ms] but are a regular user, why not donate just a few $ today .. it works out at cents each day you come here !

A strong balance sheet will be there to keep us up & running, moving forward and delivering those 7th birthday sets.

Kudos to Tom, Kamal et al for their dedication that we all take for granted
          sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Adzey
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by simonr

^^ that

thanks guys

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• Kinetic
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

I didn´t know about this.

I was actually guest DJ on one of their radio shows at the beginning of the month.

My pay is due tomorrow, so I will no doubt make a donation.
              "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
              http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• Dhar_2
                meat and potatoes
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
                Didn't know that (they host with us) I will speak with sergey

guess their 2 week leway just went out the window!

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                  Anyone have Styx livesets?
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                  That's why it's important that people donate .. even if it's just a little.

So if you haven't donated to [ms] but are a regular user, why not donate just a few $ today .. it works out at cents each day you come here !

A strong balance sheet will be there to keep us up & running, moving forward and delivering those 7th birthday sets.

agreed - link is just under the birthday sign up there ^^^^^^

(and it can be completed thru a credit card for those that dont like/cant access paypal)
                  ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                    I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                    • Mar 2008

damn, this fiscal ripple sounds so familiar...

brace for tough times crew, and stay up...
                    (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• chunky
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Jan 2006

Looks like they are in trouble again

Message received from www.tribalmixes.com on 2010-10-17 04:23:54 GMT.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everybody!!

We Need Money... Again. as much as it saddens me to start the message with these 3 words, i have to get your attention from the start. yes, we have had no need to ask for money since May 2009, when over a 100 people have answered the call within first week, donating a sum totaling over a thousand dollars, which tribalmixes community really needed and highly appreciated at that time, as you might remember, our old server machine was a bit expensive, gradually draining our accumulated funds, and about a year and a half ago we've decided to transfer to a cheaper (and faster) server, which we did in August 2009, increasing the efficiency of the site and its average response speed, as well as cutting the monthly cost by 40%. donations kept coming, and all together there's been over 200 donations until now..

recently we've eased alot the rules of the Ratio, removing over 90% of the low-ratio warnings and allowing all of us to download more while caring of your Share-Ratio less.. well, that was good for the community, but wasn't so good for the site's funds, since warned users have been a major branch of our funds' growth. now only "happy users" give some money from time to time, averaging $50 a month, and such low amounts only let total funds number decrease, and now we've come to a meager $20 in funds... at least $110 is needed until the beginning of November, and later we'll need more, and in January some more again... this is a monthly thing, - paying server rent, and your donations are the needed to sustain our awesome way of life here, to keep our community intact. and so i repeat again:

WE NEED MONEY!!! please, as much as you can spare, even 2-3 euros/dollars from 1 person our of every 100 of users will give us enough funds for half a year of rent payments. you can always conveniently see our Total Funds on the right of the Control Panel, every donation will be reflected there within 24hrs (of money transfer). we are accepting donations via PAYPAL, simply click the easy to use button on this page http://tribalmixes.com/donate.php and enjoy the security and safety of dealing with Paypal.com. we're also looking for other ways to accept donations, and so far we're able to do so via AlertPay.com, although we're unable to set up a nice button yet, thus a way to deal with that would be for you to reply this message or simply send us "donation mail request" any time later with such words "i want to donate $XX via AlertPay, show me how to do it, my email is joe@doe.co", and we'll send a request through alertpay.com, which won't even require your registration there, a simple credit card transaction will work fine!! check out if your country is allowed with AlertPay here https://www.alertpay.com/en/worldwide.aspx (over 190 countries allowed), if you're not good with PayPal.. =)

again wanted to mention, donations of $100 and over (or several totaling $200+) will reward you with a PLATINUM Member Status, which basically is V.I.P. with extras (ie better than v.i.p.), but also has its own indicator PLT next to username.. each donor, $1 or $100, will receive a special Star to show everyone that you've donated and supported our community, also Download Debit will be awarded, significantly decreasing your downloads and increasing the Share-Ratio... Plus there are Immortal Points, which are getting more and more popular, there are great ways to spend those points already (like new feature we're having - 9 different sets of Genre Icons, which can be activated for 50-200 points each - http://tribalmixes.com/icons_panel.php; work is being done on RSS subscriptions, that will also be done for Points, soon Uploaders will be able to advertise their torrents with special Cover pics and, of course, in exchange for some Points, etc, etc, and so on, and don't forget, that points can also be traded for Share-Ratio improving credits and debits).

this is it. for now, at least. and we're humbly waiting for your responses, hoping to have a few donations this time, maybe even more than we've had last time, 1.5 years ago.. maybe we won't need to ask for money again for another 2-3 years after this run? let's hope so...

thanks for your attention!!
                      administration of tribalmixes.com
                      Originally posted by res0nat0r
                      OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• trick12
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jul 2007

yeah got that email to, it sux, def need to keep it up they gave so much goods
                        Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

Working...