i guess california is not tht open minded about it yet , I wonder how does it work if married gay couples from others countries move to US ?
Obama and Gay marriage
Collapse
X
-
Re: Obama and Gay marriage
I agree too with the distraction factor and think this needs to be a lower level priority for now. While I won't speak for the entire state of california, I will say that North Cal is not the same as Southern Cal, and regardless social change is a very very slow moving animal.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Obama and Gay marriage
lol, you are such a fuckin moron its just beyond me.
as Miroslav has graciously explained earlier and you failed to learn anything that he has said. ... yes Obama can write laws requiring us to wear blue hats BUT that law has to run through the house and senate AND PASS BOTH in order to become law. you need to take some elementary government class i think in order to understand anything.
there is no hope for you. you are just about as ignorant and fucking stupid as the stereotypical southerner.
as for the topic at hand, the word "Marriage" is just that.. a word. if you dont think this is a religious issue you are a god damn moron. there is a reason why the mormons from Utah went to California to prey on ignorant Americans to vote against the gay issue in the first place. sure they want to have 8 wives but if gay people can make 1:1 work, fuck em! stupid religions. *barf."pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" JamesComment
-
Re: Obama and Gay marriage
You did indeed; the only problem is that your stance is thoroughly un-Constitutional and devoid of any semblance of reality.
But back to reality...
Folks, it would be good for us to keep in mind that the reason the California Supreme Court voted it down was not because they personally believe gay marriage to be wrong; they voted it down for procedural reasons due to their interpretation of the state Constitution. Again, the Cali Supreme Court, as part of the Judicial branch, is there to interpret the Constitution and not to make decisions based on their personal opinions or to politically "legislate from the bench" - that's what the Legislative branch is for. All they are supposed to do is interpret the circumstances based on what's in the Constitution at the time.
And their interpretation was that they did not have the authority to overstep the voters' right to determine the gay marriage issue - which they did when they voted down Proposition 8. So all the Supreme Court said was that if California wants gay marriage, than they have to follow a different process - i.e., they have to do it the long way and get people to vote again for a change in the state Constitution. That does not mean that the judges hate gays, are all uber-religious, etc.mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslavComment
-
Re: Obama and Gay marriage
How old are you 5?? Nice language. I can tell you are a butt pirate by the way you bad mouth me and anybody religious. Pathetic. You can't even have a CIVILIZED conversation about the topic.lol, you are such a fuckin moron its just beyond me.
as Miroslav has graciously explained earlier and you failed to learn anything that he has said. ... yes Obama can write laws requiring us to wear blue hats BUT that law has to run through the house and senate AND PASS BOTH in order to become law. you need to take some elementary government class i think in order to understand anything.
there is no hope for you. you are just about as ignorant and fucking stupid as the stereotypical southerner.
as for the topic at hand, the word "Marriage" is just that.. a word. if you dont think this is a religious issue you are a god damn moron. there is a reason why the mormons from Utah went to California to prey on ignorant Americans to vote against the gay issue in the first place. sure they want to have 8 wives but if gay people can make 1:1 work, fuck em! stupid religions. *barf.
I don't understand when the world turned upside down. Gays like you ddr can go around bash everybody straight and then we straight people are supposed to bow down to you?? So we aren't allowed to say anything against you guys but you can just BASH THE SHIT out of us?? OHHH OK.
Marriage is not just a word it is a promise in front of God that the two souls become basically one. In the promise to raise a family and pass on our values. Fags like you wouldn't get that because you are focused on only yourselves and think of only yourselves.
The Dems own the house and senate. That was my point.
You are pretty smart hating on religion like that. That could be considered slander or hate speech.
Where are all the people bashing ddr for his language. Whenever I say something against the tide I have 10 people come on and ask me to watch what I say?? Favortism on here is pathetic.Comment
-
Re: Obama and Gay marriage
all of your arguments are based on assumptions, you cannot argue about the constitution with assumptions, just because the democrats own the house doesnt exactly mean that all that Obama says its gonna be done, and if they do, its just an assumption because that hasnt happened.
And about ddr, at least hes calling YOU an ignorant, and not the whole forum, like you do all the time...:: listen :: react ::..
http://www.myspace.com/djcjtari
http://www.facebook.com/cjtari
http://soundcloud.com/cj-tariComment
-
Re: Obama and Gay marriage
To call someone a "fag" for defending the rights of people who happen to be gay is far more offensive than to call someone a "fucking moron" because they are a fucking moron.
If someone stands up for the rights of a black man do you call them a nigger? Do you call them a white-basher? Your narrow-minded and bigoted views stink this board out every time you appear. Fair play to you if you believe in god and marriage but (as is always the case with you), anybody who's opinion differs is wrong. It would be comical if it wasn't sad.Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Obama and Gay marriage
Is this for real?How old are you 5?? Nice language. I can tell you are a butt pirate by the way you bad mouth me and anybody religious. Pathetic. You can't even have a CIVILIZED conversation about the topic.
I don't understand when the world turned upside down. Gays like you ddr can go around bash everybody straight and then we straight people are supposed to bow down to you?? So we aren't allowed to say anything against you guys but you can just BASH THE SHIT out of us?? OHHH OK.
Marriage is not just a word it is a promise in front of God that the two souls become basically one. In the promise to raise a family and pass on our values. Fags like you wouldn't get that because you are focused on only yourselves and think of only yourselves.
The Dems own the house and senate. That was my point.
You are pretty smart hating on religion like that. That could be considered slander or hate speech.
Where are all the people bashing ddr for his language. Whenever I say something against the tide I have 10 people come on and ask me to watch what I say?? Favortism on here is pathetic.
First of all, I haven't seen anyone bash straight people in this thread or anywhere else on this forum. This whole gay marriage thing has exactly zero to do with straight people and affects straight people zero. Anyone whose marriage is "threatened" or "compromised" because a gay couple they don't know is getting married somewhere probably has deeper problems with their marriage.
With regard to the actual language of your post, though, it is both troubling and eye-opening. I don't know where to begin. Notwithstanding your at-times maniacal ramblings, I've actually backed you up on this forum in the past, both publicly and privately. Reading this, though, makes me wonder why.Comment
-
Re: Obama and Gay marriage
I'm not defending ddr's choice of words towards you.How old are you 5?? Nice language. I can tell you are a butt pirate by the way you bad mouth me and anybody religious. Pathetic. You can't even have a CIVILIZED conversation about the topic.
I don't understand when the world turned upside down. Gays like you ddr can go around bash everybody straight and then we straight people are supposed to bow down to you?? So we aren't allowed to say anything against you guys but you can just BASH THE SHIT out of us?? OHHH OK.
Marriage is not just a word it is a promise in front of God that the two souls become basically one. In the promise to raise a family and pass on our values. Fags like you wouldn't get that because you are focused on only yourselves and think of only yourselves.
The Dems own the house and senate. That was my point.
You are pretty smart hating on religion like that. That could be considered slander or hate speech.
Where are all the people bashing ddr for his language. Whenever I say something against the tide I have 10 people come on and ask me to watch what I say?? Favortism on here is pathetic.
But you know what's pathetic?
Your talking about having a civilized conversation and how bad it is to hate on people and call people names... and then calling ddr names and broadly referring to homosexuals as "butt pirates" and "fags".
Are you serious? Does it not even register in that brain of yours that you just did the exact same thing you accused him of doing?
Thanks for making it clear to us that you are hateful and discriminating against people of different sexual orientations.
It's not my call to make, but personally I think that your discriminatory comments should not be tolerated in this forum.mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslavComment
-
Re: Obama and Gay marriage
i am only dropping down to your level, it took a few baseball hits to the head for me to do it but i did... you may have understood what i said but now i dont know.How old are you 5?? Nice language. I can tell you are a butt pirate by the way you bad mouth me and anybody religious. Pathetic. You can't even have a CIVILIZED conversation about the topic.
I don't understand when the world turned upside down. Gays like you ddr can go around bash everybody straight and then we straight people are supposed to bow down to you?? So we aren't allowed to say anything against you guys but you can just BASH THE SHIT out of us?? OHHH OK.
Marriage is not just a word it is a promise in front of God that the two souls become basically one. In the promise to raise a family and pass on our values. Fags like you wouldn't get that because you are focused on only yourselves and think of only yourselves.
The Dems own the house and senate. That was my point.
You are pretty smart hating on religion like that. That could be considered slander or hate speech.
Where are all the people bashing ddr for his language. Whenever I say something against the tide I have 10 people come on and ask me to watch what I say?? Favortism on here is pathetic.
also, just because the dems own both the house and the senate doesnt mean everything Obama puts forward will pass both.... if you think 100% dems and republicans vote along party lines, i dont know what you are smoking."pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" JamesComment
-
Re: Obama and Gay marriage
HAHAHAHAH You guys kill me. He fucking rips me an asshole and I retaliate and I'm an ass???
How are you dropping to my level when you lashed out first. No I dropped to your level against my better judgement.
He starts it with I'm a fucking moron and I'm supposed to do what?? Take it?? Maybe if I was Miro and not so "MACHO" I don't take shit.
He calls me a stupid southerner. He insulted ALL SOUTHERNERS in the USA and I'm an ass because I insulted one gay who was speaking like an asshole.
Grow Up politics section!!! He insults half of the USA and I insult one gay idiot and I'm insensitive?? What about the guy that insulted half of the USA?? What about the guy that insulted anybody who is religious?? Believe me you guys are the minority out in the real world.
Ridiculous..Comment
-
Re: Obama and Gay marriage
^Members here have suffered your foolishness plenty of times, every now and it would be wise for you to take the high road too, especially when a topic strikes another member on a more personal level (which happens more often than you think evidently) you would have much more influence.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,511
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment