• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gatrell
    Fresh Peossy
    • May 2009

DJing starting up...

hey urite guys.

well i want to start mobile djing and just after abit of advise with kit, where to start, best ways to advertise and so on. obviously i know i can't just jump strait in and start at weddings but i will be starting at friends parties, doing free charity events and outher small things really. in the future tho i want to be djing at school parties/proms and weddings.

the price of the kit dont really phase me as im currently in afghan so i will have plently of case in the bank when i get back. the kit will also be used as a means of teaching myself to mix in my spare time as ive always been wanting to do this.

the kit ive got in mind so far is the cdj 1000 and the djm 700. i want to stick with pioneer really as i have heard great reviews about the kit. the main advice im after is what sort of speakers lighting ect i should be looking at buying. again price is not a matter i will have around 5500 - 6000 GBP which i have been told i can get a decent set up for this amount and i would rather buy the good kit rather than buying kit that will do to learn on and then paying out more money to upgrade later on.

i have a small amount of knolage on use of the kit as i used to do sound and lighting in school for drama productions and we used profesional cd player, mixer and lighting board but i know i will have to learn alot more befor i can get out playing at parties.

cheers for your help.
  • N-tchbl
    Addiction started
    • May 2009

Re: starting up...

i just dont understand the part about weddings... O.o

"i can't just jump strait in and start at weddings" ... is this some new dj goal i'm not introduced to?

btw, there's a lovely topic in here, about buying the first equipment kit http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=48829
    ..tho your cdj 1000 djm 700 self-suggestion does not need any correction, if u can have it - take it! ..for what ever purpose u need it, cant be wrong

n-tchbl.com | MySpace | Facebook | Soundcloud | iFACE Bookings

Comment

• gatrell
      Fresh Peossy
      • May 2009

well the but about weddings is that i would like to play at weddings in the future. but i know im going to need experiance first.

Comment

• N-tchbl
        Addiction started
        • May 2009

wait.... DJing on weddings? is this serious???
        ...DJing.. like.... playing some EDM music on a wedding? O.o

i'm so looking forward to the answer,
        cuz if this's true.. im moving to that country rightaway to make a wedding!!

n-tchbl.com | MySpace | Facebook | Soundcloud | iFACE Bookings

Comment

• Shpira
          Angry Boy Child
          • Oct 2006

Yeah the guy is right...not naming names but one of the DJ's on poker flat was telling me that his most regular income comes from playing weddings lol...I thought it was funny too
          The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
          Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

We are all living in the same "techno culture" of today. My fiance's sister had an edm dj at her wedding in Northern California...everyone enjoyed themselves, lol

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• i!!ustrious
              I got some N64 Games Yo!!
              • Mar 2008

making automated beats is easy. everyone loves tech cos it's new, in their eyes.
              (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

Working...