X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hobbes2oo
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

NuBreed 008

Sultan for Nu008, announced in Gu newsflash. I have never heard of the guy, opinions welcome, what should I expect?
  • dusk
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: NuBreed 008

Sultan is top notch! I haven't heard anything from in a while... but I'd say expect the best. Very good choice... I am suprised that they would choose him.
    ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      Anyone have Styx livesets?
      • Jun 2004

check around [ms] you'll find lots of sultan from over the years
      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• useyurbrain
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jul 2005

niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee

great choice!

Comment

• chunky
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jan 2006

Seems to me Global Underground has just being ground down into nothing. The DJ's they are using now are nowhere near the caliber they had before 2002/3. I think the tea lady must make the decisions at GU HQ these days.
          Originally posted by res0nat0r
          OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• simonr
            Transitionator
            • Jun 2004

Here's a previous release that can be previewed here

Deep Dish bet on Montreal local Sultan for their latest mix on Yoshitoshi. 'Yoshitoshi Montreal' arrives in stores in September.

Sultan, aka Ossama Al Sarraf, was initially inspired by Deep Dish's Yoshitoshi label in the late nineties. "Every DJ has labels they know they can blindly pick up a record from and know for sure it will be a hot release," says Sultan. "Yoshitoshi has always been that label for me. It all started with Brother Brown's 'Under the Water'. They were the kind of records I would play over and over again at home and at clubs and never get bored of."

These days Sultan's own name is on the Yoshitoshi sleeves, and his next project for the label is a compilation which promises to delve into the imprint's more recent back catalogue. 'Yoshitoshi Montreal' features Sultan originals, remixes and mash-ups as well as unreleased Yoshitoshi and Shinichi material from Lee Wharton & Jay Lloyd, Spider & Legaz and Sam Perez and Brusca. The CD also includes Sultan's latest single 'Aidan' made with production partner Ned Shepard.

Tracklist

1. Sultan feat. Zara - No Why (Sultan & Ned Shepard Rhodes Trip Intro)
            2. Sultan & Ned Shepard - Aidan (Dub)
            3. Wharton & Lloyd - Synphony
            4. Narcotic Thrust - Waiting For You (Steve Mac Classic) & Valentino - Flying
            5. Common Grounds - To Be Given (Max Graham Club Mix)
            6. G-Pal presents GHOS - No Other Man (Sultan vs The Greek Switch Bass 07 Dub)
            7. Sultan & Ned Shepard - Together We Rise
            Sultan & Ned Shepard feat. Stereomovers - Connected (Accapella)
            8. 16 Bit Lolitaís - Passing Lights (Sultan Chunky Beat Edit)
            9. DYAD10 feat. Julie Dennis Sugar (Whelan & Di Scala Remix)
            10. Spider & Legaz - Look Around (S&L Vocal Mix)
            11. Joe T Vannelli - Prelude (Original Mix/Scalambrin & Sicily Remix (Island Style))
            12. Suite 117 - Smaller (Callea & Rispoli Club Mix)
            13. Brusca & Sam Perez - Sand in My Shoes
            14. Sultan feat. Stephanie Vezina - Night Visions (Ned Shepard DT Remix)
            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• clintlove
              Hey girl, ya Hungry?
              • Jun 2004

^^^ that's about one of the worst CDs I've ever heard. Could there be anymore god awful singing? Won't be checking out his nubreed if it's anything like that ^^^

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

mate, im sure it will be better, this is nubreed not yoshitoshi.. he will have alot more tracks to choose from.. all yoshi mix cds contain all yoshi tracks.. i mean, that label has some good stuff, but it also has some complete garbage too

Comment

• simonr
                  Transitionator
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by clintlove
                  ^^^ that's about one of the worst CDs I've ever heard. Could there be anymore god awful singing? Won't be checking out his nubreed if it's anything like that ^^^
                  sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by clintlove
                    motherlover

Comment

• ddr
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

at least GU is releasing DJ compilations other than Deep Dish or Nick Warren.

doesnt really matter though, i probably wont buy any of them... the whole DJ compilation thing has really lost its thunder in the last 4-5 years in my opinion. its less about the flow or what it was like in the club and more about plugging your own tracks. really sad.

last proper DJ compilation i bought was Nick Warren - GU: Reykjavik
                      "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Steve Graham
                        DJ Jelly
                        • Jun 2004

come on now, the Balance series series has been great.. luke fair, joris voorn

Comment

• Homskillet
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

Looking forward to Sultan's Nubreed. I've always liked his mixes, great track selection!
                          https://soundcloud.com/dahlheim/shadynasty-tres-final

Comment

• hambino21
                            PFC Semen Ham
                            • Jul 2004

Sultan is definitely spot in. Great Dj and producer, especially when he's teamed up wtih Ned Shepard. Their music rocks!
                            " Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"

- Me-

Comment

• Jayson
                              Addiction started
                              • Nov 2004

Sultan has gone down hill after his first few releases, eve more so when he hooked up with Ned.

Just cheesy prog tunes that sound dated for the current music scene.

Jim Rivers was a good way to jump start the series again, but this seems like a shot in the foot.
                              Piss off you phucking wanksters!

Comment

Working...