• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Funky Dredd
    Are you Kidding me??
    • May 2005

Build your own outdoor theatre

Anyone ever tried this?

I've thought about doing this in the past better but never thought of making it on my own. I think I might give it a try.
    There’s a certain allure to seeing a movie outside on a nice summer night, whether it’s the nostalgia of drive-in movies or seasonal ambience. Recreat

Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

• chanty
    John, John, where art thou!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Build your own outdoor theatre

We haven't tried it yet, but we want to do this up at our trailer sometime and have an outdoor movie night! We were just thinking of tying a white sheet to the trees and doing it that way. I'll let ya know how it goes!
    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• Funky Dredd
      Are you Kidding me??
      • May 2005

I never thought of using a sheet...let me know how it goes. I wonder if a sheet would be too thin?
      Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• spyros
        Gold Gabber
        • May 2007

^ you can put two sheets. a white in front and a darker one behind it. ive got a projector and i use a white sheet on top of my curtains instead of a screen! it works great!
        Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks

"Winston Churchill"

Comment

• chanty
          John, John, where art thou!
          • Jun 2004

Screen - The new high tech screen is an inflatable outdoor screen that is held up with an electric blower. However, there are several suitable do-it-yourself options when camping. A little ingenuity will save you big bucks and can be a good campsite activity. Your screen needs to be white or light grey, flat, have no wrinkles and be somewhat reflective. It also needs to be easy to put up and take-down. It needs to be storable - especially if you are on the road. Some suggestions:
          • A canopy side, the white ones that Velcro onto the side of an EZ-UP canopy works well.
          • A painters drop cloth.
          • A white vinyl or fabric shower curtain
          • The side of a smooth-sided "white box" trailer
          • A white tarp
          • A white bed sheet - a polyester blend that is slightly shiny is better than a flat white sheet.
          Suspend your screen so that it’s flat and has no wrinkles. Hanging it from the upper roller of a partially open awning works well.
          Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• bananapeel
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

I will have to keep this mind when I buy a house in the future!

Sadly, the drive-in movie theater experience has pretty much died out.

Comment

• Dhar_2
              meat and potatoes
              • Jun 2004

fine for 250

but doesnt included the projector which will probably need to be hard core!

Comment

Working...