X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coliver1980
    Platinum Poster
    • Aug 2008

From one extreme to the other

I went up to see Sasha on sat night at Lush, Portrush. He was on a differant level. The energy of his set was unreal. Also there was shit loads more melody than i'v heard from him in years. He never stopped swigging beer and jumping up and down all night like a man possessed!! Fantastic set indeed.

Here is what Col Hamilton, the resident, posted on the clubs forum about what Sasha said about the new refurb at the club..... 'This is amazing, unbelievable" After he has taken in the whole room. dj booth,stage etc He is still "raving" about how good it looks/sounds. Later at night, About 2hrs into his set he grabs me gives me a hug and says "This is fukin world class col, i mean that mate this is as good as ANYWHERE i have played".

The sooner he comes back, the better!!

Then i went to Yello in Belfast after. Jody Wisternoff was playing so i assumed the great music was going to carry on. Very much mistaken. He easily played the worst set i'v heard. It was ok at the start, then he started playing all this cheesy music. I was gobsmacked. I was standing with the resident dj of the club and we both looked at each other in shock. The resident went up to tell him to wise up but he carried on and the music got even worse!! Needless to say he cleared the dancefloor. I certainly wasn't expecting that as i was walking through the doors!! Strange. Anyone else ever been let down by Jody??
  • Garrick
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: From one extreme to the other

most of jody's sets on hybridized are good, but i've heard several that don't sound much like him at all... must have been one of those nights.

at least sasha was good. i hope he keeps up the good tunes thru july when he comes here.
    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• dusk
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Well glad to hear the Sasha was fantastic...and with so much energy!

2009 has great to him
      ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• coliver1980
        Platinum Poster
        • Aug 2008

^^Haven't seen him that up for it since 1999. Good to see!!

Comment

• day_for_night
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

i saw jody two months ago and he rocked it. no cheese at all, just proper deep/tech/prog. it was inspired. can't believe he is that hit or miss...

Comment

• jackdaniels
            Addiction started
            • Aug 2008

Always get a bit surprised when Sasha starts "avvin it large" ... last time I saw him like that was his last appearance at MoS.
            sigpic

Comment

• Aleks_B
              Gold Gabber
              • Nov 2006

sounds like a helluva party!!!
              aleks_b - re_azure | my_space

Comment

• Erik Mitchell
                Gold Gabber
                • Oct 2004

Glad to hear! Really looking forward to seeing him & Diggers at Red Rocks in a month!
                soundcloud - facedbook

Comment

• Domnal
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Apr 2006

Glad you had a blast Coliver! Will report back after seeing him this weekend!

Comment

• simonr
                    Transitionator
                    • Jun 2004

^^ Hopefully he's on form and worth the £8 ticket for The Plug this weekend !
                    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

Working...