X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Michael Jackson's life story

I really like you. I do. You're so nice, and sweet, and you listen to all my problems and respond with the appropriate compliments. But, well, I don't really see a relationship in our future. It would be terrible if we let sex destroy this great friendship we have where I get everything I want and you get nothing you want. Don't you think?

I knew you would understand. You always do.

We're so perfect as friends, you know? I can tell you anything, and you know you can always come to me anytime you need to hear me bitch about work or how ugly I feel. You wouldn't want to ruin a friendship like that just so you could be my boyfriend, and have me look at you with desire and longing in my eyes, if only once—would you? Of course not. Well, if we started dating, it would only complicate this wonderful setup I've got going here.

It's just…you're like my best friend, and I would hate for something you desperately want to change that. I mean, sure, we could go on some dates, maybe mess around a little and finally validate the six years you've spent languishing in this platonic nightmare, but then what? How could we ever go back to the way we were, where I take advantage of your clear attraction to me so I can have someone at my beck and call? That part of our friendship means so much to me.

No. We are just destined to be really, really good friends who only hang out when I don't have a boyfriend, but still need male attention to boost my fragile and all-consuming ego.

Anything can happen once you bring romance in. Think about how awful my last relationship was at the end, remember? The guy I'd call you crying about at 3 a.m. because he wouldn't answer my texts? The guy I met at the birthday party you threw me? I had insanely passionate sex with him for four months and now we don't even talk anymore. God, I would die if something like that happened to us.

Plus, ick, can you even imagine getting naked in front of each other? I've known you so long, you're more like a brother that I've drunkenly made out with twice and never mentioned again. It'd be way too weird. And if we did, then whenever you'd come shopping with me, or go to one of my performances or charity events, or take me for ice cream when I've had a bad day at work, you'd be looking at me like, "I've seen her breasts." God, I can't think of anything more awkward that that.

Oh, before I forget, my mom says hi.

Anyway, you would totally hate me as your girlfriend. I'd be all needy and dramatic and slowly growing to love you. If I was your girlfriend, I would never be able to tell you all about the other asshole guys I date and pretend I don't see how much it crushes you. Let's never lose that. That's what makes us us.

Don't worry. You're so funny and smart and amazing, any girl but me would be lucky to date you. You'll find someone, I know it. And when you do, I'll be right by your side to suddenly become all flirty and affectionate with you in front of her, until she grows jealous and won't believe it when you say we're just friends. But when she dumps you, that's just what we'll be.

Best friends. Friends forever.

Last edited by Shiva; June 11, 2009, 08:34:49 AM.
  • progressive420
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: But if we started dating it would ruin our friendship...

Sounds like my ex telling me how she sees it....

FUCK HER!
    "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• Miroslav
      WHOA I can change this!1!
      • Apr 2006

haha... I want to write for The Onion some day.
      mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

So recognizeable to any man.

"My dear, need you to serve as a personal psychologist and confirmation buddy only, all the real fun (read: sex) is something I've reserved for all the other men out there".
        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• runningman
          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
          • Jun 2004

that is why you have to treat girls like shit in the beginning.. If you don't you get turned into that.. I used to treat all girls like shit until I met this one that I really liked. Then I got called a brother and I realized in grade 7 that girls like the guy that treats her like shit.

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

this article reminds me of 6th grade.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Yao
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

I have the same experience man...trying to please them is only going to get you into the 'buddy' position. The typical thing is that i've not been interested in a relationship for a while now, nor in one-night stands. So now that I really don't want anything, I get offers all the time. It's just frustrating, I want girls to flock like that when i'm horny and in desperate need of long hot steamy sex
              Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• floridaorange
                • Dec 2005

maybe if you all are lucky, shiva will add some points to the topic, she would know better than any seeing as how I am sure she has plenty of guy friends that have had to settle for just being friends

Comment

• picklemonkey
                  • Jun 2004

or any other female member

Comment

• floridaorange
                    • Dec 2005

^Sure I guess, but Shiva's obviously had to deal with the "let's just be friends" scenario more than many women than you or I know who have.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                      • Jun 2004

obviously

Comment

• floridaorange
                        • Dec 2005

Re: Shiva's life story

lol @ thread title

Comment

• Shiva
                          MCast Mistress
                          • Nov 2007

Well, all my friends are guys, and they all know I am happily married since 16yrs and still greatly in love with my hubby....besides the fact that my friends are also his friends, and he earns their respect.

So no, I dont get into the "lets just be friends" type of situation...anymore.

But on a personal note guys, if she doen't want to be with you (and act like a brother-sister type of deal), then she is not meant to be yours to begin with....and life goes on.

Comment

• rainman
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Dec 2005

^^ no disrespect shiv, but do you ever get tired of guys kissing your ass because you are hot? i personally find it rediculous, but it has to get old at some point.

Comment

• floridaorange
                              • Dec 2005

^^without putting words in her mouth, how would she know any different?

Comment

Working...