Re: Hernan Cattaneo @ Ibiza Global Radio 10-06-2009

no do not download....

Comment

• threehills
      I heart Lollergirl
      • Jun 2005

Thanks for the warning, lol.
      It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Is this worth downloading fellow hernan lovers??? How good is the new cd???? Fucking better than what i thought. Marc Marzenit - Soul Fog.....TUNE!!!!!!!
        Most of it is not Hernan playing . And the interview is in Spanish.

The new CD is fucking stunning !!! As I keep saying , just when you think he can't get any better , he does.
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• chuckc
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

^^^i think hernans new renaissance comp is the best ever released!!

also happy to hear hernan is sticking with the "traditional djing"route vs using software

at least two of the worlds top djs are not resorting to sitting on a laptop to dj

look forward to hearing the interview translation....

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

^^^ i definitely wouldn't argue with that !!
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• juampy
              Addiction started
              • Dec 2005

Sorry buddies, been fuckin busy. Im finishing it at this moment.
              Digweed Fan!

Groove Is EveryThing!

Gracias Ari por el nombre del Brownie Gigante !!!!

Comment

• juampy
                Addiction started
                • Dec 2005

I will try to translate the main things, In spite of leaving 2 years in the United States, my written english is not soo good, sorry about that.

For how long u been playing in Ibiza ?

This is the 10th year, first time on 1999. At first I start with a residence at Cream, then Renaissance at Pacha and some things peer season, Space once or twice, and this year some venues with Amnesia, and of course Martina that they are new and I pretty excited about playing in a small club, and its someting difficult in Ibiza cause I always have those big clubs.

Which diference we can find between the Hernan Cattaneo who plays in big festival and the one in a small club?

The small club is more friendly, u got another atmosphere, I also I like to play different kinds of music, starting deep to more BPM stuff, and sometimes when u play in a festival, u got to go directly to the main thing and in a club u can start a bit more downtempo.

U like to play extended sets where u can warm up yourself ?

Yeahh ... of course, I just came from Argentina where I played more than 6 hours. But u also need a crowd who loves that. Here in Spain is a bit hard to play the deep side, cause they prefer music with more energy. I just was talking with Javi ( I think the guy who pick up him at the airport ), that last year I played in his club in Sevilla and it was one of my favourite shows in the year, and it was a extended set. And it was wonderful cause its also a small club and it was good to the the people at their eyes, and those things make the difference

In the last 20 years u have been listen different kinds of music, in which moment u think u are now ?

I start listening house music, and I always prefer a kind of melodic house, of course u got some times where a special kind of sound its the top of the moment so u got more music from that style. For example, in Argentina they love melodic progressive, so when I go I played 6 hours of that, and perhaps I go to another country and I played a different style, cause thats what I know they like the most, but always playing the styles I like. I spend a lot of time listening to new music, and I try to use the most I can, some weeks I got 5 tracks, another week 10 tracks and what technology brings to this is how much music u get nowadays.

U ‘re playing with laptop, tracktor scratch ... ??

No, I continue playing with cds, I really enjoy doing it, probably I will finish playing with mac, I think all djs will play with laptop, because its gonna be the only way to do it, but on that way, I’m not on a hurry. I feel really good playing with CD’s, and I cant imagine how embarrased I would feel, cause many friends told me they were playing with tracktor and the laptop crash. ( the radio guy says: Here, in almost a day, it happens twice) yehh, its happens, and of course u got a lot of advantages, sometimes I see djs playing with tracktor, and I say to myself, wow, look what they do and I can’t, but perfect doesn’t exist, and with cd’s u got advantages. A lot of people think that if a dj plays with laptop, works less than the others, and its wrong cause Its not like that, the important thing its what goes out of the speakers. Djs and producers become enterteiners, the way they do it, it doesn’t matter.

Talking about advantages, being a famous dj, u got the crowd predisposed to dance and enjoy, but the also want a Hernan Cattaneo with a certain kind of music ...

Of course ... maybe u got more people to start, but they also expect more from u , they know a lot about ur work, comparing if the last time u play was better than the one before, they re always paying attention to what u do, and for example if last week u use any track, dont use it a week after, soo u work under preassure.

U still enjoy a lot ur work ... its good to see it.

Sure, I been really lucky, not only me, most of us, who reach to a certain level, all djs that come here to Ibiza starts doing this as a hobbie, and now we travel around the world, we get pay, they recognize our work, its a privilege to be dj of the international scene.

In ur carreer u got top moment, and some of them were not soo good ?

In the last 10 ... 12 years, I been really lucky, I work step by step. Before that, when I played in Argentina, its was really hard, people loves Rolling Stones and playing house music was like going against everybody, but now I dont have that problem, its easier.
                But imagine that many years ago, I came with all my house from Chicago, and the people said, its really good but when u will play Rolling Stones, but thats something that doesn’t happens anymore.

U travel a lot to find music ?

Of course, At first I travel only for that, in Argentina there was only one vinyl store which brings only 20 vinyls peer week for all the djs, soo the only way was traveling to NY, I listened Frankie Knuckles and David Morales, the djs I love at that time, soo I bought vinyl’s and I came back broken, no many for months and months, until I get money again to travel to find more music, but I was really happy doing it. Instead of going to college and spend money there, I spend money at Frankie Knuckles university.

When djs get to a really good level, they also got a certain age. Nowadays u got younger djs, but this is something new.

Now its really different, it change a lot, imagine I start playing without pitch, soo I takes many years to learn and make things in a good way to be hire.

How old are u ?

44 ( radio guy: really ? u look younger ) Its the music

Feedback will be really nice ... It took me a lot to do it, and again ... sorry about my written english ... it really sucks !
                Digweed Fan!

Groove Is EveryThing!

Comment

• chuckc
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

awesome work juampy....enjoyed that...damn hernan is 44 who would have thought...lol at the fact that argentinians back in the day would always want him to play the rolling stones!!

Comment

• DJReality
                    Addiction started
                    • Feb 2005

Thanks for this translation! I can't believe Hernan's already 44, looks much younger...
                    http://soundcloud.com/madloch
                    www.facebook.com/madlochmusic
                    www.facebook.com/soundavenue

6h-set from Sound Avenue Labelnight

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

That's fantastic Juampy.!! Thank you very much. The way you have translated is terrific!! I can imagine Hernan's voice.

Comment

• juampy
                        Addiction started
                        • Dec 2005

Thanks guys ... as I said ... listening Hernan talking about his life is amazing ... u always learn a bit more about music.
                        Last edited by juampy; June 18, 2009, 01:20:25 AM.
                        Digweed Fan!

Groove Is EveryThing!

Comment

• spyros
                          Gold Gabber
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by DIDI
                          That's fantastic Juampy.!! Thank you very much. The way you have translated is terrific!! I can imagine Hernan's voice.
                          funny, i thought exactly the same! i think its the way Juampy translated it which is very similar with the way Hernan speaks the english language! superb job mate!! cheers!
                          Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks

"Winston Churchill"

Comment

• simonr
                            Transitionator
                            • Jun 2004

Cheers for the translation.
                            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• simonr
                              Transitionator
                              • Jun 2004

great video interview for renaissance here:

Educators trust Renaissance software solutions for K‒12 assessment and reading and math practice to increase student growth and mastery.
                              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Feb 2009

"44 ( radio guy: really ? u look younger ) Its the music"

You bet it is Hernan!! Music and a fantastic life.. Even his wife Jackie is incredibly good looking..

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

Working...