X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

The "REAL" reason .....

.....that MercuryPromote was bought into existence.

Rather than just putting up MP as an extended board for the "DJ's and production" forum, there are many reasons behind why we set up MP and why we bought it into existence.

Hopefully, through this small introduction, we can highlight the reasons and the potential this site truly holds.

MERCURYPROMOTE

INTRODUCTION:

MercuryPromote is designed with the basic idea to "Promote" upcoming and new talent that's out there. Not only for Bedroom DJ's who are trying to break out of their geographically constrained shell's but also for Producers with phenomenal talent and ability to churn out some amazing tracks.

The site is 2 fold in that, it not only helps potential producers / DJ's to learn new tricks and share their knowledge with others in the scene, it also helps promote their material (in the form of singles and sets) that these Producers and DJ's have put together to be shared and let out into the world using the phenomenal reach of the internet today.

PRODUCERS & DJ's:

Day in and day out, as more and more people the world over are introduced to the world of EDM, the population of potentially upcoming producers and DJ's is gradually increasing without the means, knowhow and ability to not only find a doorstep into the world of Production and DJ-ing, but also "now that we're in the scene, what next" ?

With the invaluable help, support and networking of our members, not only has this task been made easier, its outreach has been multiplied. There are a ton of record labels and potential customers out there. But not everyone knows of their names or even their existence. MP hopes to bridge the gap bringing them one step closer.

For Producers, this essentially means that the tracks you produce can be sold or at least brought to the attention of a network of Labels and Online Music stores that we have connections with (and we will continue to collaborate with) over the upcoming years (as the site continues to grow) and bridge these connections for you.

For DJ's, we plan on creating a network of collaborations (we already have a ton of connections in place) with booking agencies in different countries / continents all over the world so DJ?s can get the chance to play at different venues (starting locally and heading globally) and eventually get their names out. Every large achievement starts with a small step and it is that start you will more than likely find at MercuryPromote.

Producers and Production

Software Specific tech help and how to's:
    There is an entire forum organized by the LEADING PRODUCTION SOFTWARE's currently available in the market. Producers of appropriate softwares can share tips and tricks related to the software they are into and not only learn from what others have posted but also offer help to upcoming producers through their knowledge.

Share your samples:
    Producers using softwares generally spend endless hours on the internet hunting for samples of beats, filters, etc. to use in their programs to bring out the best tunes. Eventually, some have used a lot of these samples which either end up being deleted or just sitting on their hard drives forever. MP now has the ability for you to upload your samples / refills to the site not only for backup, but also offer them as a means to share what you have found with others. In the SAMPLES FORUM, Producers can upload their samples (BY SOFTWARE) and let them remain there for as long as they want.

Share your work:
    For Producers who haven't got the chance to push their single out into the limelight or are finding it hard to attract the attention they are looking for, Producers can NOW upload low quality (bitrate) of their single(s) to the site. The "Toonz" section is organized by GENRE and producers can use the one that suits their style. This module allows the users to Stream, Download, Rate and even comment on the single. There are available statistics each single and Producers who upload their samples can also set up their tracks for download by other members.

As a future implementation to the site, we will provide the ability for singles to be purchased in high quality. Heck if iTunes can do it, why can't we.

DJ's and DJ-ing

Various self help, how to's and knowledge sharing
    There is an entire forum dedicated to people who would rather play than produce. From more tips and tricks from senior members for juniors and what's new and what's not, what's old and what's hot, you can find everything in this section.

Want to go Vinyl / Digital ? What's the best piece of hardware / software out there, what's the best place to buy them ? Practically all your questions have a place and will be answered.

Promoting yourself
    Want to share your mix ? Post a link to where your set is available for downloads and get feedback from members on what they think of your set ? While MP currently does not provide the ability to upload your set to the site, we will cover that in the near future.

Additionally, you can showcase your website in a manageable forum set up and designed to mimic a links section and also publicize a routine for your radio show (if you have one).

THE FUTURE:

The future that MP has is LIMITLESS, not only in terms of the outreach it can eventually generate, but also become the table where producers can make money without having "all the right connections" and also be the playground that record labels and various producers can unite for future tie-ups, it is the catalyst that ignites the flame and lights the way for those looking to break out of their shells.

The site will constantly be upgraded and will evolve as need requires it to. With the recent additions, we have started taking the right steps in the right directions and these will continue as more and more members start uniting to not only help themselves, but also others like them who desire to put together what they love most.

For the Future, an card index system will be implemented where you can post your biography, background info and career plans which we will use in order to connect you with the right booking agencies and help you push yourself and your talent into the world ahead.

That and the fact your name will be associated with MercuryPromote will slowly help establish yourself in this industry.

We hope you all can realize the potential that we can see in the future of this site and for all those connected with it.

Sincerely,

The MercuryPromote Team.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • muggeh
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Very good, i have no doubt this will help a lot of peeps out

Comment

• Yao
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

One of the best initiatives of late, and backed by a motivated team with the know-how and the connections...

Respect guys!
      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• sooper
        Addiction started
        • Nov 2004

Amazing - thanks for providing these opportunities!
        We are the ones we've been waiting for.

Comment

• In-SighT
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

Re: The "REAL" reason .....

very cool

the help is very much appreciated
          "A man has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer."

Want Spoon'n music?
          Check out my downtempo mixes
          http://ryanlinneman.podOmatic.com

Comment

• evangelion
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Hell yeah, man...the farther the Mercury name can be taken the better.

I vote for MercurySandwichArtistry next.

Comment

• Weizy
              MCast Resident DJ
              • Jun 2004

thanks encryption, I also totally believe that the possibilities are limitless. more power to us, the sky is the limit!

Comment

• ian
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

Brilliant venture - really good to see the mercury empire expanding in such positive ways! Thanks to all the hard work that makes it possible
                Signature for Rent - ?1/character

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

oh and another thing, I will be setting up another forum for Record Labels so if you are interested in fishing out promo's from up and coming producers, please be sure to set up a brief intro of your record label and such...... if there is particular information that you would like to share, please be sure to post it in here so that I can include it in the template

-e-
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                  he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                  I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• MJ
                    Here since 2002
                    • Jun 2004

What we need now is for you guys to put the word out to up and coming producers you may know that this site is here. We need as much exposure as possible so any help would be much appreciated.

I love you all but i just can`t get you all in my sig :P
                    mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• Pataky P
                      asdf_imo
                      • Jun 2004

This is Amazing!!!!Thanks the infos Brother!!! :wink:

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

ok I've gone ahead and setup an INTRODUCTION / BIOS forum for DJ's / PRODUCERS / RECORD LABELS so any of you'll looking to tie up with MP, please feel free to post the relevant info there......

and please assist with what MJ said..... the more you guys help in getting the word out, the more and more producers / dj's / labels will sign up and it will help with the growth of the site, not only for ourselves, but for those looking for assistance / exposure....

we are a not for profit organization and are not looking for any gain in return....

thanks

-e-
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Mark Santangelo
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Aug 2004

wicked idea guys all the best with it
                          Listen to some of my own mixes here
                          http://soundcloud.com/marksantangelo

Comment

• DreamGirlie
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

Hey e, is it ok if I post what the initial post in this thread says on another site?

I wouldnt wanna start any drama with the linking/pasting info ya know
                            "Welcome to Hezbollah phone line, for terrorist supplies press 1."

Comment

• nbpgt
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

even though i will probably never step foot into MP other than to take a tour (cause im neither interested in dj'in nor producing) i see & understand the potential help it could provide for someone with nowhere to turn to on their next step.. good job guys

Comment

Working...