• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bankheadd
    Getting warmed up
    • Jun 2004

[ms] member mix
    Duncan Bankhead - Summer 1992 - 39 tracks/3 hours

Not done a mix for a few years now and this is a bit different from what I used to post here (for those that remember me, which is probably no one !!), though it more or less reflects where i started out djing.

I put this together from records i own (that are still playabe) for some friends as a reminder of a mis-spent summer from a long time ago (the mix could have gone on for another 3 hours with another 30+ records). Guessing some of the older members will recognise a few of the tracks which are from 1992 or earlier, some of the younger members will have never heard of them or their producers, though there may be some familiar names involved in them (and if you do your homework, more than you think). Whichever, download and have a listen to some classic early house records.

And apoligies if there are some sound quality issues (I've tried my best to make the recording as clean as possible), but some of these records are 20 years old and have seen a bucket load of activity during their lifetime.....

39 tracks, 2 hours 50 mins, 192k (233mb) or 320k (389mb).

192k download:

320k download:

Tracklist:
    1. Last Rhythm - Open Your Dreams [Discomagic Records]
    2. Metropolis - Metropolis (Sueto Mix) [Union City Recordings]
    3. Lemon Interrupt Feat. Kitten - Eclipse [Junior Boys Own]
    4. Sonic Solution - Get On The Move [R&S Records]
    5. The S.O.U.L. S.Y.S.T.E.M. - It's Gonna Be A Lovely Day (Palladium House Anthem 1) [Artista]
    6. Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam - Let the Beat Hit Them (Brand New Super Pumped Up C&C Vocal Club Mix) [Columbia Records]
    7. Urban Soul - Alright (Original Mix) [Cooltempo]
    8. Fire Island Feat. Ricard Da FOrce - Fire Island [Junor Boys Own]
    9. TC 1991 - Berry (Fratty Energy Version) [Union City Recordings]
    10. The New Dance Republic - Take It To The Top (Epstein's Massive Bongo Mix) [Positive Vinyl]
    11. S.I.L. - Blue Oyster [Rhythm Records]
    12. Circuit - Shelter Me (Retaliation Mix) [Cooltempo]
    13. CLS - Can You Feel It (In House Dub) [Strictly Rhythm]
    14. Inner City - Pennies From Heaven (Kevin's Tunnel Mix) [Ten Records]
    15. Brothers Love Dubs - The Mighty Ming (Brothers In Rhythm Club Mix) [Stress Records]
    16. Well Hung Parliment - We Can Be (Club Mix) [Cowboy Records]
    17. B.M.Ex - Appolonia (The Qat Mix) [Union City Recordings]
    18. M-People - Someday (Sasha Remix) [Deconstruction]
    19. Transformer Too - Pacific Symphony Too (Techno Symphony Remix) [Profile Records]
    20. Dina Carroll - Ain't No Man (Brothers In Rhythm Remix) [A&M Records]
    21. Gat Decor - Passion (Naked Mix) [Flying Records]
    22. Rising High Collective - Feaver Called Love (Ambient Mix) [Rising High Records]
    23. U2 - Even Better Than The Real Thing (The Perfecto Mix) [Island Records]
    24. Bump - I'm Rushing (The Martain Mix) [Good Boy Records]
    25. D.O.P. - Groovy Beat (The Rock-it Mix) [Guerilla Records]
    26. Leftfield - Not Forgotton (Hard Hands Mix) [Outer Ryhthm]
    27. D:Ream - You're The Best Thing (Sasha Full Mix) [East West]
    28. Mombassa - Cry Freedom [Union City Recordings]
    29. Baby June - Hey Whats Your Name (Brassneck Mix) [Artista]
    30. Gypsy - I Trance You [Limbo Records]
    31. DJ Essentials - Remixes Volume 1 (Lisa Stansfield - People Hold On (Unknown Remix)) [DJ Essentials]
    32. Kim Mazelle - Was That All It Was (Def Mix) [EMI Records]
    33. R2001 - Your Touch (Original Mix) [Fruittree Records]
    34. Sunscreem - Perfect Motion (Boys Own Mix) [Sony Records]
    35. E.M.F. - They're Here (D:Ream Remix) [EMI]
    36. React 2 Rhythm - Whatever You Dream (Light Mix) [Guerilla Records]
    37. Spooky - Little Bullet (High Velocity Mix) [Guerilla Records]
    38. Dr Atomic - Schudelfloss (High On Hedonism Mix) [Guerilla Records]
    39. The Chameleon Projoect - Feel (Spooky Remix Part 2) [Guerilla Records]

Enjoy.
    Dunc.
    Fackin norvern monkey.....
  • Funky Dredd
    Are you Kidding me??
    • May 2005

Re: Duncan Bankhead - Summer 1992 - 39 tracks/3 hours

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! appreciate it! I was there 20 years ago!
    Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Feb 2009

Grabbing this.. Last rhythm and Alright are some of my all time favs.. And U2, what can i say ...thanks for share!

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• Tom_Morgan
        Getting warmed up
        • Jun 2005

On this now. How you keeping Dunc? Done anything in Glasgow recently?

Comment

• Funky Dredd
          Are you Kidding me??
          • May 2005

I just got done listening to this and man this set brings back some memories! I recently heard Schudelfloss for the first time in over a decade about a week ago. I had totally forgotten about that track, sadly it's not one that I own. A lot of the tracks listed on here are in my closet and I have been meaning to do an old skool set but just haven't gotten to it yet.
          This set reminds me of the old Barbarella's, MARZ, AAHZ, Edge, Abyss and Brassy's days. Lot's of great tracks with a lot of great Dj's and a lot of great nights! I will say that I never played The Chameleon Project's part 2 of Feel. I always played the first part more as an opener as it always had a great lead in and I was able to build off of that. I'm Rushing is another great track that I can no longer play as my copy is so worn that it hardly tracks. Every so often when it's rainy or the stars are aligned perfectly can I play it all the way through without it skipping.
          Excellent mix! Good job and thanks for the memories!!!

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• bankheadd
            Getting warmed up
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Tom_Morgan
            On this now. How you keeping Dunc? Done anything in Glasgow recently?
            Hi Tom, hope you are keeping your head above water - you still djing around the planet - hope so??? Not done anything in Glasgow for a long long time, the scene is pretty rubbish and i;ve been working my nads off. I think one of the last times i djed was with you in the mini bar (and that may have been a couple of years ago..), that was a good night, are you still in Glasgow or have you moved off to pastures new? Haven;t seen Derek in years, though i know hes still reviewing for M8 - Johnny still keeps trying to get hold of him, but he gets constantly blanked!!! You got any new mixes for listening???

Originally posted by Funky Dredd
            I just got done listening to this and man this set brings back some memories! I recently heard Schudelfloss for the first time in over a decade about a week ago. I had totally forgotten about that track, sadly it's not one that I own. A lot of the tracks listed on here are in my closet and I have been meaning to do an old skool set but just haven't gotten to it yet.
            This set reminds me of the old Barbarella's, MARZ, AAHZ, Edge, Abyss and Brassy's days. Lot's of great tracks with a lot of great Dj's and a lot of great nights! I will say that I never played The Chameleon Project's part 2 of Feel. I always played the first part more as an opener as it always had a great lead in and I was able to build off of that. I'm Rushing is another great track that I can no longer play as my copy is so worn that it hardly tracks. Every so often when it's rainy or the stars are aligned perfectly can I play it all the way through without it skipping.
            Excellent mix! Good job and thanks for the memories!!!
            Ha - glad you enjoyed it - its designed exactly to do that and prompt a reminder on how good that period was and if you weren;t there - give you a taste of what it was like. All those tunes always remind me of summer, long days (which lasted for days!!), being totally lost in clubs, wandering around bemused in daylight when you came out ot them and have an ace time in clubs before it all got a bit glitzy and mainstream. Part 1 of feel is crackin, dirty bassline and a cracking thud and Dr Atomic is one of a kind.. Loads of these tunes remind me of Pete Tong's Essential Selection from '92...

For those that have downloaded (which probably isn't many !!) - hope you enjoy.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
              I got some N64 Games Yo!!
              • Mar 2008

this is mindblowing. thank you very much man!
              (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• hashhead
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

cheers mate

i was one of the beggars that use to plead for free CD's from you and the Foundations boys a while back

had no idea u were banging it out since day 1

you must be collecting your bus pass soon

o aye......11. S.I.L. - Blue Oyster [Rhythm Records]

wtf???? of all the names?!!!?!

Comment

• Tom_Morgan
                  Getting warmed up
                  • Jun 2005

Originally posted by bankheadd
                  Hi Tom, hope you are keeping your head above water - you still djing around the planet - hope so??? Not done anything in Glasgow for a long long time, the scene is pretty rubbish and i;ve been working my nads off. I think one of the last times i djed was with you in the mini bar (and that may have been a couple of years ago..), that was a good night, are you still in Glasgow or have you moved off to pastures new? Haven;t seen Derek in years, though i know hes still reviewing for M8 - Johnny still keeps trying to get hold of him, but he gets constantly blanked!!! You got any new mixes for listening???
                  Aye mate, can't really complain. Fancied a change of scenery so am in London now, been down here for about a year. Think the Glasgow scene (or lack of it) was the straw that broke the camel's back, still itching for a night out there though as it's been a good 18 months since I've been to the Arches or Subby. Haven't spoken to Derek in god knows how long either, must be round about that night we did at minibar actually.

Pretty much everything I've done in the last couple of years is up here - http://idisk.mac.com/tommorgan-Public

Will take a listen to this over the next couple of days and get back to you; looks like there's a fair few tunes on it!

Comment

• Funky Dredd
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by bankheadd
                    Ha - glad you enjoyed it - its designed exactly to do that and prompt a reminder on how good that period was and if you weren;t there - give you a taste of what it was like. All those tunes always remind me of summer, long days (which lasted for days!!), being totally lost in clubs, wandering around bemused in daylight when you came out ot them and have an ace time in clubs before it all got a bit glitzy and mainstream. Part 1 of feel is crackin, dirty bassline and a cracking thud and Dr Atomic is one of a kind.. Loads of these tunes remind me of Pete Tong's Essential Selection from '92...

For those that have downloaded (which probably isn't many !!) - hope you enjoy.
                    Those were the days! I can't tell you how many times I have walked out of clubs in the late morning after listening all night to Andy Hughes or Chris Fortier etc...Great times indeed! Some of the best times of my life

I look forward to jamming this on a regular basis! Appreciate it

Comment

• bankheadd
                      Getting warmed up
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hashhead
                      cheers mate

i was one of the beggars that use to plead for free CD's from you and the Foundations boys a while back

had no idea u were banging it out since day 1

you must be collecting your bus pass soon
                      I really enjoyed putting those mixes together, hope you enjoyed listening to them (failing that, you used them as obligatory coasters). Been at this game for a while now, though not played out in a couple of years... which is just as well, as i would be more likely to get a gig at a bowling club than one where the "kids" are...

Comment

• tiddles
                        Encryption, Jr.
                        • Jun 2004

cool, i remember your other mixes. i'll check this one out, but would love to have a re-up of the mix you did for proton and a few other promos if ya got em cause i lost the cds

Comment

• bobjuice
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

now that my friend is a tracklist!!

Not sure if playing this is gonna make me feel old or young again but only one way to find out eh? Thanks for putting this up - just my cup o tea..

Mombassa - cry freedom? they really don't make em like that anymore do they?
                          i have 2 copies, one is on the union city twin pack e.p. which is recorded quieter than an album, the other is a white label that never sounded great in the first place - both are battered ha ha

nice one

Comment

• bankheadd
                            Getting warmed up
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bobjuice
                            now that my friend is a tracklist!!

Not sure if playing this is gonna make me feel old or young again but only one way to find out eh? Thanks for putting this up - just my cup o tea..

Mombassa - cry freedom? they really don't make em like that anymore do they?
                            i have 2 copies, one is on the union city twin pack e.p. which is recorded quieter than an album, the other is a white label that never sounded great in the first place - both are battered ha ha

nice one
                            Trust me, it makes you feel young again!! Cry Freedom is a total belter from start to finish, 51/2 minutes of utter happiness

Comment

• bankheadd
                              Getting warmed up
                              • Jun 2004

last bump then its off down the list...

Comment

Working...